[HTC S-OFF] - Revolutionary tool patched [RELEASED 2022-01-09]

Search This thread

TheArt

Oct 25, 2008
Hi i have HBOOT 2.00.0002, how I can use Revolutionery (or another one) to unblock S-Off, thanks

Matt4542

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 5, 2010
Connecticut
www.matt4542.net

Robcr

May 2, 2013
As you may have noticed, the revolutionary.io's website is now down for a few months, letting owners of old HTC's devices unable to S-OFF their devices.

However, I've been able to patch the revolutionary tool to avoid the need of a beta key, required and delivered from the revolutionary.io website in the past, to use the tool.

This patched version has been tested on my own HTC Desire, but I don't guarantee that it works for every supported phone (but normaly it should).

I will *NOT* put this patched tool online until I have the permission from a member from AlphaRev/unrEVOked team (I tried to contact them directly but with no success).

When I'll have an answer, I'll upload my patched version online, but not before. Don't ask for ETA nor private messages before I have an official permission to do this.

Thanks for your understanding and hope to have an answer quickly, for all the old HTC devices to be unlocked.

EDIT
Waiting for an answer on their IRC channel, I've found their new website, available here: rev.alpharev.nl.
As the project is still up and running, I won't upload my patched version online. However, if AlphaRev or unrEVOked allow me to put this version online, I will.

Quick guide
  1. Go on rev.alpharev.nl
  2. Click on one of the download links (Windows or Linux, depending on your Operating System)
  3. (The tool will be downloaded - decompress it somewhere on your computer)
  4. Complete the form that appeared on rev.alpharev.nl with all the information (Operating System, your device, HBOOT version and Serial Number)
  5. This will generate the right beta key for your phone using the provided information (JavaScript needs to be enabled
  6. Launch the tool and enter the beta key received from the website when needed
  7. Here you go, the magic should happen :)

Any movement on the release of this?
Dont know about others, but the site is dead for me. Tried a number of browsers but no beta key etc although I do have rev with beta for my old phone.
Alpharev 1.8 and hboots all ok but no revolutionary

Last edited:

Tweak-Man

Jun 30, 2012
Any movement on the release of this?
Dont know about others, but the site is dead for me. Tried a number of browsers but no beta key etc although I do have rev with beta for my old phone.
Alpharev 1.8 and hboots all ok but no revolutionary

As the website is still online (rev.alpharev.nl using Chromium) and didn't receive any news about the permission to release the patch, I will not do it now.

Have you tried to use a VPN or a proxy ?

• Sad
Reactions: ze7zez and breversa

Tweak-Man

Jun 30, 2012
rev.alpharev.nl is available without a proxy, but we are referring to revolutionary.io linked from there

Sorry, but I don't get what you are talking about. The website 'revolutionary.io' is definitely dead, they will not put it back online.

If you click on 'Download for Linux' or 'Download for Windows' from rev.alpharev.nl, a form appears and allows you to get a beta key that should work with the tool 'revolutionary.exe'.

Have I answered your question ?

Reactions: ze7zez

Robcr

May 2, 2013
Sorry, but I don't get what you are talking about. The website 'revolutionary.io' is definitely dead, they will not put it back online.

If you click on 'Download for Linux' or 'Download for Windows' from rev.alpharev.nl, a form appears and allows you to get a beta key that should work with the tool 'revolutionary.exe'.

Have I answered your question ?

Nope
Saw the reference to 'click on download ....' mentioned here before (and i must have used it years ago), but like others have reported here, no matter what client I use or proxy, even through tor, I only get the downloads for splash screens, hboots (downloaded a few of those), the donate button still works, and the link to the revolionary.io that brings up a spam site.

NO download for windows or linux anywhere

If you get something else, are you sure yours isnt a cached page?

but thanks for taking the time to respond.

Last edited:

Tweak-Man

Jun 30, 2012
Nope
Saw the reference to 'click on download ....' mentioned here before (and i must have used it years ago), but like others have reported here, no matter what client I use or proxy, even through tor, I only get the downloads for splash screens, hboots (downloaded a few of those), the donate button still works, and the link to the revolionary.io that brings up a spam site.

I finally got what happened. The website you are visiting is alpharev.nl. It is true that this website is a bit outdated (links redirect to revolutionary.io and you can only download the old and 'not used anymore' tool "AlphaRev 1.8" with its files (HBOOT and so). This website is only usefull for the HBOOTs.

The website that is working is rev.alpharev.nl. The difference is the 'rev.' before the domain name. I have tried to access to this website from many proxies and so, always working without any limitations.

Can you confirm that it is now working for you or even rev.alpharev.nl redirects you to alpharev.nl ?

Reactions: ze7zez and Robcr

Robcr

May 2, 2013
I finally got what happened. The website you are visiting is alpharev.nl. It is true that this website is a bit outdated (links redirect to revolutionary.io and you can only download the old and 'not used anymore' tool "AlphaRev 1.8" with its files (HBOOT and so). This website is only usefull for the HBOOTs.

The website that is working is rev.alpharev.nl. The difference is the 'rev.' before the domain name. I have tried to access to this website from many proxies and so, always working without any limitations.

Can you confirm that it is now working for you or even rev.alpharev.nl redirects you to alpharev.nl ?

No that page is not working other than as I stated.
Def using the rev.alpharev - although both look and work exactly the same to my access. I've downloaded hboots from both

Both resolve to the same IP - even using external resolve like network tools site

(although my browser does treat them locally as different eg in what hboots change colour as downloaded)

So seems to me that any redirect issues would seem to be at shadowchild
or newer page only available through cache of people who accessed before when available

Happy to try other options

Last edited:

Robcr

May 2, 2013
After many attempts resulting in getting the older web page others here have also reported getting for both addresses, even when using a proxy and tor, I have just updated Tor and routed through France I have got the page tweak-man has been describing (thanks for help)

So it would seem like there is some issue with various routes to this page which will often return an older - or more likely redirect to the older page for many users.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tweak-Man

rjrj2000

Nov 2, 2016
Looks like the site is dead again. I keep getting:

The rev.alpharev.nl page isn’t working
rev.alpharev.nl didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Any help?

Robcr

May 2, 2013
Offline through French and German proxies too
Note site is also reported as untrusted

oceans852

Feb 23, 2016
could you help :eek:
i can't access rev.alpharev.nl to get the beta key for HTC incredible s :(
always i get
This site can’t be reached
rev.alpharev.nl refused to connect.
tried different browsers and proxies even different PC :confused:

Tweak-Man

Jun 30, 2012
Looks like the site is dead again. I keep getting:

The rev.alpharev.nl page isn’t working
rev.alpharev.nl didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Any help?

Offline through French and German proxies too
Note site is also reported as untrusted

could you help :eek:
i can't access rev.alpharev.nl to get the beta key for HTC incredible s :(
always i get
This site can’t be reached
rev.alpharev.nl refused to connect.
tried different browsers and proxies even different PC :confused:

As the website is back online, you should be able to get the beta keys from there.

I would like to ask you not to send me PMs to send you the patched version. If I release the patched version one day, it will be released here, and only here.

Last edited:
Reactions: oceans852

Robcr

May 2, 2013
These issues with accessing the site might (appear to be) be more related to dns rather than proxy or browser
There are utilities to change your dns if you aren't aware of how, or want to do it easily
eg: dns jumper

Remember to flush DNS (a button with DNS jumper) and probably flush browser cache befor eretry with DNS change

I look at this in more detail when i get chance, but low on my priorities at moment as I haven't figured out how to get PVT4 desire back to a rev'able version of OS yet.

Last edited:

Zseblampas

Oct 12, 2017
The rev.alpharev.nl worked on 17.07.2018, now is down again. I really hope it will be available soon, there are still many people wanting to use (again) their Desire!

Zseblampas

Oct 12, 2017
Guys, I found the alpharev site, the rev.alpharev page and the revolutionary.io site on the archive.org. The revo.io site still has the revolutionary executable, I can click on download, and now comes the best part: the box with the fillable fields is showing up for a fraction of second, but in the next moment the download screen pops up and all other things vanish. If someone has the skill to make it work, or to extract the javascript to make a working key generator, it would be great!
PS: the same thing is going on with the archived (rev.)alpharev site, but there you can download the alpharev.iso and the hboot versions too!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear @zeeBomb, @Zseblampas, @evilcorp, @Darth Riker, @BigChaz01, @silegeek, @lewis102, @Unidave199, @satcom886, @HMTheBoy154, @breversa, @vasskos, @dankovac1999 and all the other people in this thread,

I'm really sorry I didn't post the patch before, I completely forgot about this project and since I logged in for the first time in a long time, I only saw all your posts now.

Since the website is effectively dead and I haven't received any response from the Revolutionay team, I'm publishing the tool I patched in the past, hoping it will still be useful to some of you.

Again, I'm really sorry that I haven't answered your questions in all these years.

If some of you try the tool, can they validate for the rest of the community if it works and what model the tool was successful with?

Sorry again and take care,
    Tweak-Man
    As you may have noticed, the revolutionary.io's website is now down for a few months, letting owners of old HTC's devices unable to S-OFF their devices.

However, I've been able to patch the revolutionary tool to avoid the need of a beta key, required and delivered from the revolutionary.io website in the past, to use the tool.

This patched version has been tested on my own HTC Desire, but I don't guarantee that it works for every supported phone (but normally it should).

I will *NOT* put this patched tool online until I have the permission from a member from AlphaRev/unrEVOked team (I tried to contact them directly but with no success).

When I'll have an answer, I'll upload my patched version online, but not before. Don't ask for ETA nor private messages before I have an official permission to do this.

Thanks for your understanding and hope to have an answer quickly, for all the old HTC devices to be unlocked.

EDIT
    Waiting for an answer on their IRC channel, I've found their new website, available here: rev.alpharev.nl.
    As the project is still up and running, I won't upload my patched version online. However, if AlphaRev or unrEVOked allow me to put this version online, I will.

Quick guide
    1. Go on rev.alpharev.nl - If you have any problem to access the website, please try to use a proxy or Tor to route from Germany, France or Switzerland. Thanks to @Robcr for finding this !
    2. Click on one of the download links (Windows or Linux, depending on your Operating System)
    3. (The tool will be downloaded - decompress it somewhere on your computer)
    4. Complete the form that appeared on rev.alpharev.nl with all the information (Operating System, your device, HBOOT version and Serial Number)
    5. This will generate the right beta key for your phone using the provided information (JavaScript needs to be enabled
    6. Launch the tool and enter the beta key received from the website when needed
    7. Here you go, the magic should happen :)
    I would like to ask you not to send me PMs to send you the patched version. If I release the patched version one day, it will be released here, and only here.

EDIT 2022-01-09

As stated in my latest post, I was finally able to release the patched version of the Revolutionary tool.

You can find the post here and you can download the tool here.

Thanks for your understanding,
    Tweak-Man
    Dear @zeeBomb, @Zseblampas, @evilcorp, @Darth Riker, @BigChaz01, @silegeek, @lewis102, @Unidave199, @satcom886, @HMTheBoy154, @breversa, @vasskos, @dankovac1999 and all the other people in this thread,

I'm really sorry I didn't post the patch before, I completely forgot about this project and since I logged in for the first time in a long time, I only saw all your posts now.

Since the website is effectively dead and I haven't received any response from the Revolutionay team, I'm publishing the tool I patched in the past, hoping it will still be useful to some of you.

Again, I'm really sorry that I haven't answered your questions in all these years.

If some of you try the tool, can they validate for the rest of the community if it works and what model the tool was successful with?

Sorry again and take care,
    Tweak-Man
    What are the odds? I just dug out my old Flyer to try and S-OFF it and you just uploaded this. Mega thanks. Worked a treat.
    Nope

Chances are, to be completely honest, the project isn't up and running, since it redirects to a deprecated revolutionary site. You should just publish it. We, users of the HTC Desire/HTC Incredible, have no other means of rooting.

Thanks,

Miguel R.

I totally agree that the project is dead, however you can still have access to the tool and the beta key from rev.alpharev.nl.

When this website will be dead without any other solution, I'll post my patch.

However, I'll post as soon as possible all the other tools needed (HTC HBOOT USB drivers, etc) as well as a completed guide :)