FORUMS

Huawei E5372 custom firmware

269 posts
Thanks Meter: 197

By ValdikSS, Senior Member on 11th May 2019, 02:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Custom 21.290.23.00.00 firmware and 17.100.19.01.00 web interface for E5372
The firmware is based on the original global firmware version 21.290.23.00.00. It can be installed on any previous firmware (unless you have locked bootloader), or updated from a modified firmware.

Flash using balongflash (Windows, Linux).

Warning!
This firmware can render your device unbootable! Use it only if you are aware of all the risks and consequences. In case of any problems, do not wait for help, you're on your own. Do not install firmware by non-tech-savvy people request, and do not sell routers with this firmware preinstalled.

Changes:
  • Firmware digital signature verification in the firmware server is disabled
  • Added support for IPv6 on mobile networks (disabled by default, could be activated "ipv6" script)
  • ADB installed and Telnet activated (disabled by default, controlled from the OLED menu)
  • The stock versions of busybox, iptables and ip6tables programs are replaced with full-fledged ones
  • The "atc" utility is installed to send AT commands from the console
  • Installed "ttl" script for modifying (fixing) TTL (for IPv4) and HL (for IPv6)
  • Installed "imei" script to change IMEI
  • A local transparent proxy server "tpws" and a script "anticensorship" are installed to circumvent censorship to sites from the registry of prohibited sites in Russian Federation (IPv4 only)
  • Added DNS over TLS resolver stubby (version 1.5.1, compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2p) and DNS-level adblock (IPv4 only)
  • Added extended menu on OLED screen https://github.com/ValdikSS/huawei_oled_hijack
  • AT^DATALOCK code is disabled
  • Added kernel module TUN/TAP (for OpenVPN and other programs)
  • Added OpenVPN (version 2.4.6, compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2p) and scripts for DNS redirection
  • Added curl (version 7.63.0, compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2p)
  • Added EXT4 kernel module and swap support
  • Added script for installing Entware application repository
  • Added script "adblock_update", for updating the list of advertising domains
  • Multilingual web interface with GSM/UMTS/LTE band selection menu
https://github.com/Huawei-LTE-router...i_E5372_mod_fw

More information about Huawei LTE routers (zeronet network): https://zn.amorgan.xyz/1HegcCNqxTuhP...Z9LY34vXD6H1V/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ValdikSS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ValdikSS Ad-Free
18th May 2019, 01:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Not sure if anyone has any success with this firmware. I've just tried to update my E5372 and it cause my until to get stuck with a Vodafone logo.

I have to re run my old UI updater to get my router back to the "Old" working unit. Was wondering if anyone could pointme in the right direction to updating this unit.

My hard ware details:

Device name:
E5372T
Hardware version:
CL1E5372TSM
Software version:
Web UI version:
MAC Address:
5C:F9:6A:B3:2D:BE
WAN IP Address:
Current Firmware Version Number
Current Dashboard Version Number
WEBUI_13.100.07.00.838_E5_V7R1_V3R2
19th May 2019, 02:48 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanmelb

Not sure if anyone has any success with this firmware. I've just tried to update my E5372 and it cause my until to get stuck with a Vodafone logo.

Have you tried to reboot it with power button after flashing? I'm not sure if E5273T uses exactly the same hardware, can't guarantee that the firmware is compatible with that model.
23rd May 2019, 09:08 AM |#4  

More
I have just reflash the WebUI firmware and got it back to where it was. Thanks for your help. the reboot didn't help I don't think so perhaps not Compatible. Oh well.

Thanks for your help though
25th May 2019, 06:02 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanmelb

I have just reflash the WebUI firmware and got it back to where it was. Thanks for your help. the reboot didn't help I don't think so perhaps not Compatible. Oh well.

Thanks for your help though

You need to flash the firmware first, reboot into download mode, flash web interface after that, reboot again.
27th May 2019, 04:54 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValdikSS

You need to flash the firmware first, reboot into download mode, flash web interface after that, reboot again.

Thanks for that. I'll try it again one the site is back up. Not sure if I found the WebInterface in the file. Perhaps I've missed it.

P
28th May 2019, 03:46 PM |#7  

More
Newbie Here
Hello I'm new on this matters, so if you could it would be great to have a step by step procedure on how should i do, like what commands to use on balong_flash ... I currently have an Huawei WifiModem E5372

I appreciate your help,

Thanks in advance
31st May 2019, 07:46 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValdikSS

[SIZE="5"]
Added kernel module TUN/TAP (for OpenVPN and other programs)[*] Added OpenVPN (version 2.4.6, compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2p) and scripts for DNS redirection

how to configure openvpn client?
1st June 2019, 04:26 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid0k

how to configure openvpn client?

Read /system/bin/openvpn_scripts/readme.txt and /app/bin/oled_hijack/net.{up,down}
1st June 2019, 04:26 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgass

Hello I'm new on this matters, so if you could it would be great to have a step by step procedure on how should i do, like what commands to use on balong_flash ... I currently have an Huawei WifiModem E5372

I appreciate your help,

Thanks in advance

Maybe you should read readme?
14th July 2019, 10:45 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
For some reason this firmware does not expose /dev/ttyUSB0 device when connected to a router running Tomato and huawei ethernet driver. I flashed E5372_Update_21.290.17.00.1087/Update_WEBUI_17.100.05.01.1087 files (I can provide on request) and LTE (HiLink) mode started working fine, but I really miss the option for running without battery.
Is it possible to modify this firmware? Or fix lack of /dev/ttyUSB0?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
huawei, huawei e5372

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)