The firmware is based on the original global firmware version 21.329.01.00.00. It can be installed on any technological firmware, or updated from a modified firmware.
Flash using balongflash (Windows, Linux).
This firmware can render your device unbootable! Use it only if you are aware of all the risks and consequences. In case of any problems, do not wait for help, you're on your own. Do not install firmware by non-tech-savvy people request, and do not sell routers with this firmware preinstalled.
- Firmware digital signature verification in the firmware server is disabled
- Added support for IPv6 on mobile networks (disabled by default, could be activated "ipv6" script)
- ADB installed and Telnet activated (disabled by default, controlled from the OLED menu)
- The stock versions of busybox, iptables and ip6tables programs are replaced with full-fledged ones
- The "atc" utility is installed to send AT commands from the console
- Installed "ttl" script for modifying (fixing) TTL (for IPv4) and HL (for IPv6)
- Installed "imei" script to change IMEI
- A local transparent proxy server "tpws" and a script "anticensorship" are installed to circumvent censorship to sites from the registry of prohibited sites in Russian Federation (IPv4 only)
- Added DNS over TLS resolver stubby (version 1.5.1, compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2p) and DNS-level adblock (IPv4 only)
- Added extended menu on OLED screen
- Added RNDIS and ECM Ethernet switching functionality without a switch program on a computer
- All NVRAM items are unlocked
- AT^DATALOCK code is disabled
- Added kernel module TUN/TAP (for OpenVPN and other programs)
- Added OpenVPN (version 2.4.6, compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2p) and scripts for DNS redirection
- Added curl (version 7.63.0, compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.2p)
- Added EXT4 kernel module and swap support
- Added script for installing Entware application repository
- Added script "adblock_update", for updating the list of advertising domains
- Added script to change MAC address of Wi-Fi in Extender mode (script "wifiext_mac") and USB MAC addresses (script "usb_mac")
- Removed mobile connection logging (mobile logger) to extend flash memory lifetime
- Multilingual web interface with GSM/UMTS/LTE band selection menu
The extended menu on the OLED screen allows you to manage network mode (LTE/3G/GSM), TTL modification, circumvent censorship, ad blocking, IMEI change, USB composition, control access to the web interface, Telnet and ADB.
TTL modification and IMEI change require a reboot. The remaining menu items are applied instantly.
To activate extended menu, press left (WPS) button 7 times on Wi-Fi information screen.
The "anticensorship" script helps to bypass Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) systems on some operators in order to bypass web site blocking. It starts the local proxy server from zapret complex https://github.com/bol-van/zapret, modifying the packets in such a way as to complicate their analysis, and redirects all traffic to ports 80 (for HTTP) and 443 (for HTTPS) to local proxy. The proxy server works autonomously, without any third-party server on the Internet. It is recommended to use it in conjunction with DNS over TLS, in order to prevent possible DNS hijacking by the operator.
Advertisement blocking is performed on DNS level with dnsmasq DNS server. It works with DNS over TLS as upstream, requests for which are redirected if the corresponding menu item is activated from the OLED screen. EasyList and RuAdList https://forums.lanik.us/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=32524 from raletag and AdAway https://adaway.org/hosts.txt are used as an ad lists.
Ad-blocking at the DNS level works worse than full-fledged content blockers in browsers (AdBlock, µBlock), but it works on any device and in any program without additional settings.
You can also control ad blocking with the "dns_over_tls" script.
Domain lists could be updated using "adblock_update" command.
Entware application repository allows you to install additional Linux software from the armv7sf-k3.2 entware repository http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k3.2/Packages.html, using "opkg" package manager used in open source firmware for OpenWRT routers. Entware is installed using the "entware install" command. Entware files are installed in /opt, which is mounted in /online/opt. You can install many programs on 30 MB free space after installation on /online partition.
The router and Entware environments are independent of each other, the installed Entware software cannot be called from the router's environment, and the firmware programs and scripts cannot be called from the Entware. This was done to ensure that the installed packages would not conflict with files in the firmware.
To gain access to the Entware environment, use the "entware shell" command, to exit, type exit (or press CTRL+D).
Entware is designed for advanced users who understand how to customize and use installable programs. About 15 MB of free RAM is available in the router, the launch of heavy programs can lead to the crash of important services for the router (especially when DNS over TLS is enabled), remember that.
Download link (zeronet network)
More information about Huawei LTE routers (zeronet network): https://zn.amorgan.xyz/1HegcCNqxTuhP...Z9LY34vXD6H1V/