Post Reply Email Thread
GuestD0956
24th September 2019, 07:39 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a E5770s-320 with the following firmware:

Software version: 21.318.01.00.00
Web UI version: 17.100.14.01.00

Which downgrading firmware should I use to get a firmware without signature checks?
25th September 2019, 09:10 AM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_unconventional

I have a E5770s-320 with the following firmware:

Software version: 21.318.01.00.00
Web UI version: 17.100.14.01.00

Which downgrading firmware should I use to get a firmware without signature checks?

https://0net.io/1HegcCNqxTuhPaHmjZwP...0.00_signed.7z
The Following User Says Thank You to ValdikSS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ValdikSS Ad-Free
GuestD0956
25th September 2019, 01:07 PM |#23  

More
Thanks, I got it to work. I'm running your firmware now, and it seems to work well.

One question though: I am trying to telnet, but when I enter admin / the password that works in the web interface, it says that the login is incorrect. Are the telnet credentials different?

P.S. Why does it call me a homosexual on every boot?
25th September 2019, 01:43 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Quote:

Thanks, I got it to work. I'm running your firmware now, and it seems to work well.

One question though: I am trying to telnet, but when I enter admin / the password that works in the web interface, it says that the login is incorrect. Are the telnet credentials different?

root/changemerightnow
Please read the readme, you'll find everything needed there.

Quote:

P.S. Why does it call me a homosexual on every boot?

I assume that the firmware will be installed by tech-savvy people who at least read the description, understand all the risks and consequences and are able to modify the firmware in case of any problems or at least to revert back to stock one.
The firmware is created mostly for me and other Huawei router researchers, not for ordinary people.
"Not for resale, faggot" text was added to prevent reselling the device, to make the seller and the buyer feel uncomfortable and embarrassing. I don't want uninformed people to buy the device with this firmware and receive it with disabled security checks and force-disabled firmware updates from the developer.
If I write just "not for resale", that would be 100% ignored, but "faggot" word make people stop, think about it and at least ask additional questions to the seller.
The Following User Says Thank You to ValdikSS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ValdikSS Ad-Free
GuestD0956
25th September 2019, 02:21 PM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValdikSS

root/changemerightnow
Please read the readme, you'll find everything needed there.

Thanks, I got it to work.

Quote:

I assume that the firmware will be installed by tech-savvy people who at least read the description, understand all the risks and consequences and are able to modify the firmware in case of any problems or at least to revert back to stock one.
The firmware is created mostly for me and other Huawei router researchers, not for ordinary people.
"Not for resale, faggot" text was added to prevent reselling the device, to make the seller and the buyer feel uncomfortable and embarrassing. I don't want uninformed people to buy the device with this firmware and receive it with disabled security checks and force-disabled firmware updates from the developer.
If I write just "not for resale", that would be 100% ignored, but "faggot" word make people stop, think about it and at least ask additional questions to the seller.

Hmm, well I wasn't planning on selling my modem, I just wanted to have a firmware that's not completely locked down.
GuestD0956
25th September 2019, 11:17 PM |#26  

More
Suppose that I'd like to change the curse word to something different; where would I find the splash screen image?

I always really liked the word хуйло, and I'd prefer that over пидор.

(I have absolutely zero intention of ever selling this device, regardless of the firmware. I'll keep using it until it physically breaks.)
15th October 2019, 07:03 PM |#27  
Flag Bauchi
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

E5770 O2 FW version 21.200.19.01.405 SIM unlock

Huawei E5770 from British O2 network with firmware version 21.200.19.01.405 could be unlocked for free with a special firmware, without disassembling the device.

This firmware is based on 21.200.19.01.405 version and could be installed without flash code.
E5770s_Update_21.200.19.01.405_o2_simunlock_signed .7z

If you want to install another official firmware or a custom firmware, you need to downgrade 21.200.19.01.405 to a special technological firmware version 21.180.99.10.00, which does not check firmware digital signatures.
E5770s_DOWNGRADE_o2_21.200.19.01.405_to_21.180.99. 10.00_signed.7z

To install the firmware, press both RESET button (on the back of the device) and POWER button, connect it to the PC and use balongflash software (Windows, Linux)

More information about Huawei LTE routers (zeronet network): https://zn.amorgan.xyz/1HegcCNqxTuhP...Z9LY34vXD6H1V/

how do I get the download mode usb driver pls?
17th October 2019, 11:28 AM |#28  

More
Only flash stable custom rom. Otherwise device become unstable. To unlock huawei provide model number and carrier on which huawei is sim locekd.
9th November 2019, 03:32 AM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebignasty

unfortunatly balong_flash doesn't seem to work on windows 10

balongflash doesn't seem to work for me either.

A terminal window appears breifly and then disappears.

I have tried running it on Windows 7, and Windows 10 (Parallels Desktop) but to no avail, even after installing the drivers.

This is absolutely frustrating.

Would be grateful for any help. Thanks!
28th November 2019, 07:01 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimperialdragon

balongflash doesn't seem to work for me either.

A terminal window appears breifly and then disappears.

I have tried running it on Windows 7, and Windows 10 (Parallels Desktop) but to no avail, even after installing the drivers.

This is absolutely frustrating.

Would be grateful for any help. Thanks!

Don't double click the exe, you need to run it from CMD window,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
huawei, huawei e5770, huawei mobile wi-fi pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)