More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slu79

Hardware version: CL2E5770SM
Software version: 21.200.19.01.405
Web UI version: 17.100.11.05.405

Grab this firmware:
ftp://serv.valdikss.org.ru/Downloads...0.00_signed.7z
And read readme inside the archive of modified firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to ValdikSS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ValdikSS Ad-Free
12th May 2020, 11:56 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks for the quick reply -

Sorry for the additonal questions, so I have just grabbed the additional downgrade.bin - I assume this needs to be flashed first, then the device rebooted on to this firmware first - before updating to the newer 2 files linked in post 1?

Also still not sure regarding the driver requirements:

After switching the device to the firmware mode, unpack the firmware from the archive and run balong_flash, passing firmware file as an argument:
balong_flash FLASH_FILE.BIN

it seems that the driver is only required to do point 2 above (put in godload via software) - as I have done this using reset / power buttons I assume the driver is not required in that case (which is lucky as its missing on the linked page now unfortunately).

thanks again
Andy
13th May 2020, 12:02 AM |#43  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 197

More
Quote:

Sorry for the additonal questions, so I have just grabbed the additional downgrade.bin - I assume this needs to be flashed first, then the device rebooted on to this firmware first - before updating to the newer 2 files linked in post 1?

Yes. RESET+POWER to enter download mode, flash downgrade firmware, reboot, RESET+POWER again, flash modified firmware. The latest modified firmware is available on https://github.com/Huawei-LTE-router...webui/releases

Quote:

Also still not sure regarding the driver requirements

The driver is needed if you use Windows. I don't know which and where to get it, I don't use Windows. If you're on Linux, you don't need driver.
13th May 2020, 12:46 AM |#44  

More
Actually - I managed to grab the driver elsewhere - and now have it installed (manually select driver from device manager):

https://unlock-code.ru/index.php?do=download&id=248

From here, it allowed me to flash the downgrade firmware successfully, reboot - reenter rw update mode, flash the main firmware, reboot, then do the same for the web firmware..

Boots fine and the UI is now udpated back to standard huawei red - plus im getting the faggot boot screen, however its still showing as SIM locked, any ideas?
13th May 2020, 05:49 PM |#45  

More
Any custom firmware for E5786s-32A?
14th May 2020, 02:56 PM |#46  

More
Hi,

I'm getting the same results as Slu79 - still SIM locked. I had a GiffGaff SIM in originally (which is basically O2 UK), and am now trying a Three UK SIM.

The firmware and WebUI are as follows:

Software version: 21.329.01.00.00
Web UI version: 17.100.19.01.00

So things definitely look OK as far as flashing goes. Not sure what I've missed...

Thanks,

Gary.
15th May 2020, 10:43 AM |#47  

More
Worked it out!
You have to flash the downgrade, reboot, flash the simunlock, reboot, flash the downgrade again, then flash the modded version! You can update the WebUI at any point after the downgrade.

Slu79 - I'm guessing you skipped the simunlock firmware thinking it wasn't required as the modded version would unlock it? Same here!

Thanks ValdikSS - brilliant work.
15th May 2020, 04:54 PM |#48  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamber1972

You have to flash the downgrade, reboot, flash the simunlock, reboot, flash the downgrade again, then flash the modded version! You can update the WebUI at any point after the downgrade.

Slu79 - I'm guessing you skipped the simunlock firmware thinking it wasn't required as the modded version would unlock it? Same here!

What I did was flash the downgrade, reboot - then straight up to the new firmware - I didnt actually realise there was a simunlock firmware, could you link it and I will run through the process again now.
Thanks for the feedback btw - this should hopefully sort it out (although, I have already bought an unlock code off ebay, but was cheap anyway and wont be here for another week).

Cheers

:Ninja Edit: Just noticed that there is a specific 2nd post with the unlock firmware - I hadnt realised there was that additional step as mentioned above. I will give it a run through now.
15th May 2020, 07:45 PM |#49  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamber1972

Im on the zeronet page downloading the unlock firmware - its insanely slow, did you have another Link where you grabbed it from?

Edit: - for what its worth, here is where I got it from.... save yourself from using zeronet.....
ftp://serv.valdikss.org.ru/Downloads...s/o2%20Unlock/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
huawei, huawei e5770, huawei mobile wi-fi pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)