FORUMS

Installing Custom ROM on Cubot KingKong Mini

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By moctir, Junior Member on 14th February 2020, 11:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st March 2020, 09:22 PM |#11  
robrazil's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
It is very complicated everytime when need "root", to have power off and on the mobile in recovery boot mode. Besides that, run out of SIM card working is not an option.
I will try to get support of this issue with Magisk Team.
Thank you for share your experience.
2nd April 2020, 07:43 PM |#12  
Member
Flag Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ce3apyc

Actually there is TWRP for this model ported from alcatel by NickyNS. You can pick up it from here.
You can flash it with fastboot along with the patched lk which is to disable the "Orange state" message. After flashing it you should enter TWRP right with the next step (without booting to OS). On this stage you might want to disable encryption in order to have full-fledged backup-recovery option in TWRP next time you use it. To do so you will have to format data partition. After that step you will loose all you applications and user data for them, so you should backup it previously. After you format the data, flash Magisk first, then flash encryption disabling script from this post. Now you can boot to OS.

Note, that attached TWRP is only valid for firmware CUBOT_KINGKONG_MINI_9101C_V06_20191121. Cubot has released a new one and you can try to use the TWRP with it, but there is no guarantee it will work correctly.

Hello,
Does anybody can confirm, that this is working with the new firmware?
2nd April 2020, 10:17 PM |#13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
I tried the TWRP a few days ago and was able to boot to it but I couldn't mount it to see my files, it asked for a password and I tried "default_password" and creating a password for the phone but that also didn't work. A possibility is to change the file format to ext2 and then to ext4 but I didn't want to try it when I couldn't back it up.
2nd April 2020, 10:44 PM |#14  
Junior Member
Flag Almaty
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moctir

I tried the TWRP a few days ago and was able to boot to it but I couldn't mount it to see my files, it asked for a password and I tried "default_password" and creating a password for the phone but that also didn't work. A possibility is to change the file format to ext2 and then to ext4 but I didn't want to try it when I couldn't back it up.

You will not be able to mount and/or use the backup feature of the TWRP until you disable an encryption by formating the data partition and running the script (just press "Cancel" in the TWRP to be able to do that when it asks for the password). Read my original post very carefully. There is a complete sequence of steps in it. Have you tried the TWRP with the last firmware? How did the rest of the system work?
3rd April 2020, 02:17 PM |#15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ce3apyc

You will not be able to mount and/or use the backup feature of the TWRP until you disable an encryption by formating the data partition and running the script (just press "Cancel" in the TWRP to be able to do that when it asks for the password). Read my original post very carefully. There is a complete sequence of steps in it. Have you tried the TWRP with the last firmware? How did the rest of the system work?

I'm using treble AOSP Android 9 so not the latest firmware. I thought disabling the verification when installing that would be enough but maybe I do need to do those other steps. I can see the /system directory through TWRP so that's probably because that's the one I flashed, but I can't see the internal storage otherwise.
6th April 2020, 07:16 PM |#16  
robrazil's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moctir

I tried the TWRP a few days ago and was able to boot to it but I couldn't mount it to see my files, it asked for a password and I tried "default_password" and creating a password for the phone but that also didn't work. A possibility is to change the file format to ext2 and then to ext4 but I didn't want to try it when I couldn't back it up.

You need to put the "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_02.04.2019.zip" file into SD card or internal memory to install by TWRP. This file disable the asking of password. Worked for me.
7th April 2020, 10:16 AM |#17  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrazil

You need to put the "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_02.04.2019.zip" file into SD card or internal memory to install by TWRP. This file disable the asking of password. Worked for me.

Thanks, I'll check it out!
7th April 2020, 05:37 PM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Anyone else having problems with sensors on this phone? Rotating and compass do not work for me. That's what you get for buying a cheap Chinese phone, I guess.

EDIT: Downgrading firmware back to CUBOT_KINGKONG_MINI_9101C_V06_20191121 seems to fix some problems, rotation works, but compass is still buggy.
8th April 2020, 09:09 AM |#19  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Never tried compass but haven't had any problems with rotation.
8th May 2020, 07:17 PM |#20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Tried to install root on a friends kkm but I can't get it working in the os. Is there any chance to get it working there? I am only able to get root access in twrp. Maybe an gsi with root is that possible?
22nd June 2020, 07:01 PM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Can Someone update the guide to install any(safe) custom rom on this device? BCS i read all the thread but cant understand some passages, Ty guys

(I dont want to Stick with this chinese spyware)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes