FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Moto g5s plus stuck in boot recovery

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Ajayghale, Junior Member on 21st November 2019, 07:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I did a big oopsie. I was just playing around with my old moto g5s plus trying to root it. It was successful somehow thanks to youtube. I had to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP.
Coming to my problem, while checking out all the options in TWRP, I ended up wiping out all data which apparently also erased the OS. I DID NOT BACK UP before this happened and when i reboot it, i see a message "no OS installed".
Then I tried installing a custom ROM with gapps. It was moto's android 8.1 as it was the one i had before. I then had to type a password which I didn't know. But, it says "decryption unsuccessful" and that the file is corrupt. Could anyone please help me with this. I would be forever grateful.
21st November 2019, 08:21 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajayghale

So I did a big oopsie. I was just playing around with my old moto g5s plus trying to root it. It was successful somehow thanks to youtube. I had to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP.
Coming to my problem, while checking out all the options in TWRP, I ended up wiping out all data which apparently also erased the OS. I DID NOT BACK UP before this happened and when i reboot it, i see a message "no OS installed".
Then I tried installing a custom ROM with gapps. It was moto's android 8.1 as it was the one i had before. I then had to type a password which I didn't know. But, it says "decryption unsuccessful" and that the file is corrupt. Could anyone please help me with this. I would be forever grateful.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g5s/help

Sent from my mata using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)