FORUMS

Root achieved on CAT B15Q !!!

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By as672, Junior Member on 20th July 2014, 10:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Root finally achieved on CAT B15Q.

I tried all the simple methods, none worked.

I used PDAnet USB drivers.

To achieve root, I made a recovery using the CWM method with SP Flash Tool V5.1408.00 following this guide
chinaphonearena.com/forum/Thread-Tutorial-Ultimate-no-root-backup-CWM-MT6582-MT6592-MT6589-MT6589T-MT6577-MT6595

Recovery was patched using MTK Droid tools. However, SP Flash Tool V5 would not flash the phone with the patched Recovery and Boot files, so for that I used SP Flash Tool V3.1332.0sn187. Then root using MTK Droid tools - Superuser (SuperSU failed). Also useful was this guide
chinaphonearena.com/forum/Thread-Tutorial-How-to-build-CWM-and-root-Bedove-X21-MTK6577-and-other-MTK-phones

Note: When plugging phone in for flashing (this is done with the phone OFF), put battery in, plug cable into phone, hold volume down button when you plug the USB cable into the computer.

Checking with a root checker, it told me I did not have full root access, even though Superuser appeared to be working, I only had temporary root.

I then used Root Genius, which finally achieved full root.

A bit of messing around, but worth it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to as672 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift as672 Ad-Free
23rd July 2014, 09:17 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Install busybox.

Sent from my SCH-R970C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd July 2014, 05:25 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Could you make a tutorial?
24th July 2014, 02:05 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yes, a detailed tutorial how to successful rooting a Cat B15Q would be greatly appreciated.
I've tried with towelroot, but app says phone is not compatible.
Newest chinese version from RootGenius is 1.9.6, but international version is only 1.8.7 from
march 2014. Has anybody tried successfully with one of the versions?

Greetings,
htron
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to htron For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift htron Ad-Free
25th July 2014, 03:56 PM |#5  

More
how to root micromax bolt A069 ?
how to root micromax bolt A069 ? pls help me......
30th July 2014, 05:10 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by as672

Root finally achieved on CAT B15Q.
To achieve root, I made a recovery using the CWM method with SP Flash Tool V5.1408.00 following this guide
chinaphonearena.com/forum/Thread-Tutorial-Ultimate-no-root-backup-CWM-MT6582-MT6592-MT6589-MT6589T-MT6577-MT6595

failed at this one...
read back not working.

any more informations?
dashdeckers
1st August 2014, 10:14 AM |#7  

More
did i understand correctly, root genius works?

just want to be sure before i try it, thanks in advance
1st August 2014, 11:37 AM |#8  

More
Roor genius didn't work for me. Left my phone in wierd state (screen flickering during call). Had to do factory reset after my root tries.
The Following User Says Thank You to cityshark_cz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cityshark_cz Ad-Free
dashdeckers
2nd August 2014, 02:42 PM |#9  

More
i hope this thread wont die, there isnt much information on the web on how to root the b15q.

has anyone found some good links, or some in any way useful info that they could post here?

i really hope this will turn out better than with the b15, where after half a year there was still nothing reliable

thanks in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
2nd August 2014, 02:48 PM |#10  

More
Yeah, willing to buy beer to anyone who gets together working "how-to-root-my-CAT" guide
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cityshark_cz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cityshark_cz Ad-Free
3rd August 2014, 12:38 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityshark_cz

Roor genius didn't work for me. Left my phone in wierd state (screen flickering during call). Had to do factory reset after my root tries.

Can you tell us which version of RootGenius you used? Chinese 1.9.6, or older international version 1.8.7 from march 2014 ? Or another else?

For info: I have tried to contact as672 for more details, but no answer until today.

Greetings,
htron
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cat-b15q

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)