1 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By as672, Junior Member on 20th July 2014, 10:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th August 2014, 08:27 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy NO LUCK
im new to android and rooting i tried the install but after 100% i just got an android crying face so i take it something went wrong but i dont know what because its all in chinese any clues?
30th August 2014, 11:19 AM |#32  

More
sorted
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZZA751

im new to android and rooting i tried the install but after 100% i just got an android crying face so i take it something went wrong but i dont know what because its all in chinese any clues?

never mind got it rooted after a reboot any ideas on custom roms? wanting to save apps to sd card as 4gb aint cutting it and incrase music volume through headphones as its stupidly quiet
30th August 2014, 08:00 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityshark_cz

Sorry guys I posted wrong url.

correct is: http://203.205.136.145/dl.shuame.com...&f=178a&p=.apk

Let me know if this works for you as it worked for me

Did you use "root check"?
I used your program successfully but "root check" told "not root"
I still can not move my apps to the card
Sorry for my english i m french
1st September 2014, 03:47 PM |#34  

More
Have you restarted?

Sent from my B15Q using Tapatalk
2nd September 2014, 07:17 AM |#35  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityshark_cz

Have you restarted?

Sent from my B15Q using Tapatalk

Yes

"Sdfix" said "Fix succes" and "root check" Said "No"
2nd September 2014, 12:57 PM |#36  

More
Hi all,

any ideas how to install cyanogen mod ROM?

or how to swap storage, cause max 1,9 GB of free internal storage space is fcking low...

moving files to SD is just a little solution, cause it wont let you to install larger apps than max amount of your free internal space..

I cant figure it out, I am totally sick of it, cause device is not supported by Odin, clockwork, and others to make it work.

Thanks
6th September 2014, 11:21 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
apps to sd on kitkat
Achieving root is one thing. I then applied a patch to allow app to external sd on kitkat and it worked as well but it's still a no go. i don't understand why selling a 4gb phone with kitkat knowing perfectly that google removed the possibility to write apps to sd. or i'm missing something there ?
7th September 2014, 08:43 PM |#38  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wrun

Achieving root is one thing. I then applied a patch to allow app to external sd on kitkat and it worked as well but it's still a no go. i don't understand why selling a 4gb phone with kitkat knowing perfectly that google removed the possibility to write apps to sd. or i'm missing something there ?

You are right man, I dont understand it too, I have a nexus 7 tablet with internal storage only, and I never wonder about problem like this. It is totally insane to sell phone like this without ability to install apps directly to sd.

I wrote to cat few days ago about this bad experience and they sent me this answer (They are kidding me or what???):

Thank you for contacting CAT Phone support, we are currently receiving a high volume of emails so please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and for any delay in getting back to you.

Further support options can be found at the following Web site.

www catphones com/en-gb/support aspx

CAT Phone Support Team

It is really bad for us, owners of this phone, cause root is really fine, yes, but we are not able to install custom Roms, until someone figure it out.

I will be very happy to have Cyanogenmod on it and then have possibility to swap storages, but we need someone who can do it (porting to this device, I guess)

Maybe in few months someone will fix it, either from cat or some code expert(maybe you know somebody).

There is one good message I have for you, I use Sygic navigation and under Root explorer (maybe it is not necessarily), I have moved Sygic folder to Sdcard1 (Sdcard0 is emulated internal storage, Sdcard1 is real SD), and it is working without any issues. The truth is that in this folder are not all app data, and that is propably the reason why it is working, but there are maps, and when you want to download more maps, they will download directly to this folder on Sdcard1. I am very happy about it, cause I was afraid that it is not possible too. I can use navigation without issues with more than 4GB of maps on Sdcard1.

(Sorry for my english)
8th September 2014, 03:31 AM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
rom and coca cola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brcinskij

You are right man, I dont understand it too, I have a nexus 7 tablet with internal storage only, and I never wonder about problem like this. It is totally insane to sell phone like this without ability to install apps directly to sd.

I wrote to cat few days ago about this bad experience and they sent me this answer (They are kidding me or what???):

Thank you for contacting CAT Phone support, we are currently receiving a high volume of emails so please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and for any delay in getting back to you.

Further support options can be found at the following Web site.

www catphones com/en-gb/support aspx

CAT Phone Support Team

It is really bad for us, owners of this phone, cause root is really fine, yes, but we are not able to install custom Roms, until someone figure it out.

I will be very happy to have Cyanogenmod on it and then have possibility to swap storages, but we need someone who can do it (porting to this device, I guess)

Maybe in few months someone will fix it, either from cat or some code expert(maybe you know somebody).

There is one good message I have for you, I use Sygic navigation and under Root explorer (maybe it is not necessarily), I have moved Sygic folder to Sdcard1 (Sdcard0 is emulated internal storage, Sdcard1 is real SD), and it is working without any issues. The truth is that in this folder are not all app data, and that is propably the reason why it is working, but there are maps, and when you want to download more maps, they will download directly to this folder on Sdcard1. I am very happy about it, cause I was afraid that it is not possible too. I can use navigation without issues with more than 4GB of maps on Sdcard1.

(Sorry for my english)

thanks ! at least pictures and movies can be stored on sd card root or not (when you put default storage disk to sd1 external in the settings. for the rest i will write as well to support. they will need to modify their rom. cheers.
8th September 2014, 08:52 PM |#40  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wrun

thanks ! at least pictures and movies can be stored on sd card root or not (when you put default storage disk to sd1 external in the settings. for the rest i will write as well to support. they will need to modify their rom. cheers.

Thanks also, I really like this phone for its design, cause it is not so bulky as other resistant phones on the market. What bothers me, that Kyocera has now new model Brigadier, with sapphire glass, 16GB internal storage and more, but I dont like the design... It would be really nice if this cat has these specs...
10th September 2014, 03:18 PM |#41  

More
Sorry i am FRENCH
Root B15Q.docx

ATTENTION JE NE SUIS PAS RESPONSABLE SI VOUS BLOQUEZ VOTRE SMARTPHONE.

Télécharger les programmes suivants :
ADB Drivers version 4.1.50 (3.1 MB) http://rghost.net/57911101
MTK Droid Tools version 2.53 (9.5 MB) http://ge.tt/9NbtXhG1/v/0
SP Flash tools 3.1.332 (4.41 MB) https://www.copy.com/s/nqNPIiqQ9Yfk/...1332.0.187.rar
RootGenius 1.9.7 (4.59 MB) http://dl.shuame.com/files/RootGeniu...ius_shuame.exe

Etape 1:
Installez «ADB Drivers ».

Etape 2:
Connectez le smartphone via USB à un PC. Choisir « périphérique de stockage ».
Ne pas oublier d’activer « débogage USB" sur votre smartphone.
Lancez « MTK Droid tools » et attendez que le programme trouve le smartphone. Quand il a été trouvé, cliquez sur «BLOCK MAP ».

Etape 3:
Cliquez sur «create scatter file », puis "Save" (Le programme va créer un fichier texte nommé : "MT6582_Android_scatter.txt", sauvegardez le sur votre disque dur.

Étape 4:
Démarrez Flash Tool (utilisez la version 3, pas la version 5)
Appuyez sur le "Scatter-loading" et re-chercher votre fichier créer lors de l’étape 3 « MT6582_Android_scatter.txt »

Etape 5:
Maintenant, cliquez sur "Read Back" puis "Add", il crée une ligne.
Double-cliquez sur la ligne, une fenêtre s'ouvre, elle va vous demander où enregistrer le fichier "rom0" – sauvegarder le sur votre disque dur

Etape 6:
Ensuite, vous devez spécifier la « length » de votre fichier « MT6582_Android_scatter. Txt » « begin address » Chercher la ligne nommée « CACHE »
Si votre adresse était 0x0000000037000000, alors vous devez entrer 0x37000000

Étape 7:
Cliquez sur « Read Back »
Débrancher votre smartphone du PC et enlevez la Batterie.
Connecter votre smartphone à un port USB tout en maintenant la touche "Volume +" sans la batterie. Logiquement votre PC va retrouver votre smartphone et le programme Flash Tool va créer des fichiers sur l'ordinateur.
Cette étape est un peu bizarre, Je n’obtenais pas le Voyant « Vert », il a fallu que je clique plusieurs fois sur « STOP » ET « Download ». Au bout d’une heure, j’ai obtenu mon voyant « VERT ».
Lorsque vous avez votre voyant « VERT » Fermez le programme Flash Tool.

Étape 8:
Débrancher votre smartphone et remettez la batterie et connectez le au pc en mode « périphérique de Stockage ».
Exécuter « MTK Droid tools.exe ».
Appuyez sur la touche « root, backup, recovery », appuyez sur le bouton «To process file ROM_ from FlashTool »
Rechercher votre fichier « ROM_0 »,
Cliquez sur « To make CWM recovery automatically ? »
Vous devez répondre "OUI".
Le programme va tourner autour et vous signalera que la tâche est terminée « task is complete ». Fermer MTK Droid, débranchez le smartphone de l'ordinateur et retirez la batterie du smartphone.

Étape 10:
Lancez « SPflashtools ». Spécifiez le chemin « MT6582_Android_scatter.txt ». Double-cliquez sur «RECOVERY» et sélectionnez votre fichier «recovery.img » exemple: \MtkDroidTools\backups\B15Q_140516_ForFlashtoolFro mReadBack_140808-121513\B15Q_140516__recovery_140808-121513.img)
Débranchez votre smartphone et enlevez la batterie. Connectez votre smartphone à un port USB tout en maintenant la touche "Volume +" sans la batterie.
Cliquez sur « Download » Cliquez sur «Yes ». Cette étape est une nouvelle fois un peu bizarre, Je n’obtenais pas le Voyant « Vert », il a fallu que je clique plusieurs fois sur « STOP » ET « Download ». Au bout d’une heure, j’ai obtenu mon voyant « VERT ».
Lorsque vous avez votre voyant « VERT ». Une fois téléchargé, débranchez votre smartphone de l'ordinateur.

Étape 11:
Mettez la batterie, en maintenant le bouton « volume + » et le bouton « power » appuyés et connecter le à votre PC. Ouvrez les outils « MTK Droid », allez dans l’onglet « root, backup, recovery », après avoir appuyé sur le bouton "SUPERUSER". Redémarrez votre téléphone sans le déconnecter du PC et exécuter « ROOT Genius 1.8.7 ou 1.9.7 »
Cliquez sur « Root » attendre et quand le programme a fini, redémarrez le Smartphone et YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

J'ai accès à tout et je peux enfin transférer mes applications sur la carte SD.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taz22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift taz22 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cat-b15q

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)