[ROOT GUIDE] Root Kyocera Duraforce (E6560C) with KingRoot and Replace with SuperSU

Search This thread

sargon__

Nov 8, 2015
Here is a root guide for Kyocera DuraForce (E6560C). This has been confirmed to work with Bell Mobility device but should work for all providers.

Follow this guide at your own risk, I am not liable for any damages or lost data caused by following this guide.

The guide is a result of rooting and un-rooting my device several times, and the first time was the easiest. I've included workarounds for all of the issues that I've encountered but if you are rooting from stock it should be quick and simple and shouldn't require clearing app data or reinstalling KingRoot.

1. Enable "Install from unknown sources" in your device Settings/Security menu.
2. Uninstall any security/virus scanners you may have installed on your device as they may conflict with the rooting process
2. Download and install KingRoot from kingroot.net
3. Run KingRoot and tap through the introductory screens
4. Tap "TRY TO ROOT" button
5. Wait for root process to complete. It usually takes 1-2 minutes to root a stock device
6. Enjoy your rooted device!

To replace KingRoot with SuperSU (recommended for compatibility with other root apps):
1. Root device with KingRoot as detailed above
2. Purchase/install Super-Sume Pro available on Google Play. (There are other manual options for replacing KingRoot with SuperSU in this forum. I will post links to those threads when I get time)
3. Start Super-Sume Pro and tap the big blue button
4. The device will freeze while Super-Sume Pro attempts to get SU access. This is normal. Tap the home button until it un-freezes and the home screen is displayed.
5. Wait for a popup requesting super user access for Super-Sume Pro. If no popup appears after waiting 1 minute then open KingRoot and tap "Root Authorizations". Look for Super-Sume Pro and change the permissions from "Prompt" to "Allow"
6. [OPTIONAL] If you are having issues with Super-Sume Pro or just want to be thorough, then go to device Settings/Apps, find Super-Sume Pro and tap "Clear data"
7. Open Super-Sume Pro and tap the big blue button again. This time it should succeed with stage 1. Tap the big blue button again and wait for it to complete.
8. SuperSU should open automatically. If it doesn't please look for it and open it manually. If SuperSU is not installed at this point (it sometimes happens), then goto step A. If SuperSU IS installed then continue to step 9.
9. Load SuperSU and allow it to install the SU binary
10. Reboot the device
11. If any icons remain for KingRoot or Purify you should now be able to delete them to complete the process.

A.1. Reinstall KingRoot
A.2. Clear data for Super-Sume Pro (refer to step 6)
A.3. Open KingRoot and change permissions for Super-Sume Pro to "Allow" (refer to step 5).
A.4. Goto step 7

***** If the Super Sume Pro freezes for more than 2 minutes simply hold the power button until the device resets. Continue with step A.2.

That completes this rooting guide. Please let me know if you have any issues. Enjoy your rooted device!

Last edited:
Reactions: b177y

ganyong

Aug 25, 2016
Here is a root guide for Kyocera DuraForce (E6560C). This has been confirmed to work with Bell Mobility device but should work for all providers.

Follow this guide at your own risk, I am not liable for any damages or lost data caused by following this guide.

The guide is a result of rooting and un-rooting my device several times, and the first time was the easiest. I've included workarounds for all of the issues that I've encountered but if you are rooting from stock it should be quick and simple and shouldn't require clearing app data or reinstalling KingRoot.

2. Uninstall any security/virus scanners you may have installed on your device as they may conflict with the rooting process
5. Wait for root process to complete. It usually takes 1-2 minutes to root a stock device

To replace KingRoot with SuperSU (recommended for compatibility with other root apps):
2. Purchase/install Super-Sume Pro available on Google Play. (There are other manual options for replacing KingRoot with SuperSU in this forum. I will post links to those threads when I get time)
4. The device will freeze while Super-Sume Pro attempts to get SU access. This is normal. Tap the home button until it un-freezes and the home screen is displayed.
5. Wait for a popup requesting super user access for Super-Sume Pro. If no popup appears after waiting 1 minute then open KingRoot and tap "Root Authorizations". Look for Super-Sume Pro and change the permissions from "Prompt" to "Allow"
6. [OPTIONAL] If you are having issues with Super-Sume Pro or just want to be thorough, then go to device Settings/Apps, find Super-Sume Pro and tap "Clear data"
7. Open Super-Sume Pro and tap the big blue button again. This time it should succeed with stage 1. Tap the big blue button again and wait for it to complete.
8. SuperSU should open automatically. If it doesn't please look for it and open it manually. If SuperSU is not installed at this point (it sometimes happens), then goto step A. If SuperSU IS installed then continue to step 9.
10. Reboot the device
11. If any icons remain for KingRoot or Purify you should now be able to delete them to complete the process.

A.1. Reinstall KingRoot
A.3. Open KingRoot and change permissions for Super-Sume Pro to "Allow" (refer to step 5).
A.4. Goto step 7

***** If the Super Sume Pro freezes for more than 2 minutes simply hold the power button until the device resets. Continue with step A.2.

That completes this rooting guide. Please let me know if you have any issues. Enjoy your rooted device!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=68367171

Sent from my Andromax AD683J using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3248398

Super_Moto

Oct 14, 2013
This method does not work any more, newest Kingoroot will block SuperSu me pro from even opening, even when kingoroots silent install is disabled
kingoroot also blocks super su binary update so it cant be installed and then remove Kingoroot manually.....waiting for a SuperSu me pro update !!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

10. Reboot the device

A.1. Reinstall KingRoot
    A.4. Goto step 7