FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT] Sky Devices 4.0D [FreedomPop FREE]

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By barnito, Junior Member on 10th September 2016, 11:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was pulling my hair out for a long time on this. I threw this together quick, please forgive any mistakes in advance.
I wanted to give these phones to the kids with free freedompop 200MB data, and restrict the cellular data with AFWall to Hangouts for calls, Whatsapp (zero rated data free on freedompop) and the freedompop apps required by this SIM.

Here is the phone. You can get it cheaper than this, I got mine for 30 bucks each off eBay. They come GSM unlocked so the freedompop's UK SIM will work out of the box and allow you to roam in 30+ countries all around the world for free. HERE

The service is FREE and you can get the SIM card for 99 cents to 5 bucks depending on the promotions they are running, HERE

Next you will need a good link to Kingoroot, HERE

Install kingoroot, your ADB drivers and attach you Sky 4.0 to windows and make sure the drivers are properly installed.
Open Kingoroot and Press root, after some time you will see successful.

Now you should be rooted and have Kingoroot superuser and a few other apps installed. We need to get rid of the bloatware installed and swap out kingoroot superuser for SuperSU.

Next install SuperSU from the play store HERE
Open SuperSU and it will complain about the binary being out of date, you can try to update it, but odds are it will fail.

Next you need to install System App Remover HERE
Open it, find Kingoroot Superuser and delete it, then reboot the phone.
Once rebooted, open SuperSU and allow it to update your SU binary, then reboot.
First delete the kingo battery app
Now you should test SuperSU is working with any root checker from the play store.

If anyone is interested in my AFWall settings I can add them to this guide.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barnito For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift barnito Ad-Free

5th February 2017, 05:54 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm interested in your settings
Hi I am interested in those settings. thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)