"rooted" but still no root.

Search This thread

ggreenlees1

Jan 17, 2015
Hi folks, used this forum many times for help but this is my first post.

Firstly I just want to say sorry if there's already a thread on this and if so, rather than having to repeat yourselves feel free to point me to it.

Secondly I've searched and searched for many methods to root this damn phone of mine (samsung google galaxy nexus gt-i9250). I've tried to do it using solely the phone and also computers… my problem is on a computer I can't get the drivers installed, tried everything but still no luck.

Anyways I tried to log on to my banking app and it refused as it says my phone is rooted so I tried a few checker apps and they also said im rooted.

But I tried another checker and it tells me I'm not rooted. Anyways after this I turned my phone off and on to find I had a supersu icon.. So I clicked onto it to see what was going on and it tells me the binary needs to be updated.

So I try and then it fails and I'm back to square one.

So again sorry if this is a repeated post and also if its in the wrong section… but if anyone has any idea on how to help me please leave a comment as I'm stumped and have no more ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

ggreenlees1

Jan 17, 2015
Still nothing... Thanks for your input, I'll keep trying and if I get any further I'll post back.
Think I might try wiping phone and starting over see if that works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app