FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Rooted S8 not working properly

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By kenny070287, Junior Member on 26th November 2019, 01:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is it possible that a rooted device will not work as intended, or it is the phone issue (not related to rooting)?
I have recently acquired a refurbished S8, and rooted it immediately (which means that I did not have a chance to tell whether the following issues are with the phone or only appeared after the rooting). The rooting was successful, but some problems started to surface, including
  • The apps cannot update completely. Right now an app is downloaded at 99%, and stuck there. Previously I tried a trick that removed app preference which worked, but all apps data were wiped and re-login is just troublesome.
  • Notifications went haywire. Twitch sends me notification when a streamer I follow is definitely not streaming, and then proceeds to send one notification for each streamer I follow, all together, and then repeated it for like 3 times. Happens to other apps too.
  • Right now the alarm is not working. Two different alarm apps, both failed to work.
What is the best thing I should do now? Flash the original firmware and see whether the phone is the root cause, or is there anything I can do to fix this?
The phone is rooted with TWRP. My old S5 was rooted, without the abovementioned issues (I didn't use alarm with that phone though).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)