FORUMS

Samsung pass on Knox tripped devices

524 posts
Thanks Meter: 311

By gundal, Senior Member on 12th October 2017, 10:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I recently and quite sadly discovered that once you trip knox, samsung pass no longer functions..
this is a change from the Note5, s6, s7 and note7.. where even if you had tripped knox and have root you could still register your biometrics and use them to login to:
websites
samsung account
unlock phone..

after the addition of samsung pass, we now only have the ability to unlock our device with biometrics. Website access, Samsung account and even some apps like my banking app that previously allowed us to use a fingerprint do not.

this majorly sucks.. as I tripped knox right away and still want to be able to login to websites with a finger touch...

SO while trying to modify the samsung pass apk to be more lenient.. I discovered that if you simply remove samsung pass...

rename
/system/priv-app/SamsungPass_1.3/SamsungPass_1.3.apk
to
/system/priv-app/SamsungPass_1.3/SamsungPass_1.3.apj

then remove /data/app/com.samsung.android.samsungpass-1
then reboot..

now when you go into the settigns > lock screen > fingerprints > enter pin > Samsung pass is gone, and re-replaced with the original menu items to toggle, websites and samsung account login!! flip the toggles and you are all set to go.

FYI: I had to clear data on my banking app and relogin for it to trigger the change and allow me to register my fingerprint to login
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gundal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gundal Ad-Free
10th November 2017, 08:46 PM |#2  
Flag Electricity
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundal

I recently and quite sadly discovered that once you trip knox, samsung pass no longer functions..
this is a change from the Note5, s6, s7 and note7.. where even if you had tripped knox and have root you could still register your biometrics and use them to login to:
websites
samsung account
unlock phone..

after the addition of samsung pass, we now only have the ability to unlock our device with biometrics. Website access, Samsung account and even some apps like my banking app that previously allowed us to use a fingerprint do not.

this majorly sucks.. as I tripped knox right away and still want to be able to login to websites with a finger touch...

SO while trying to modify the samsung pass apk to be more lenient.. I discovered that if you simply remove samsung pass...

rename
to

then reboot..

now when you go into the settigns > lock screen > fingerprints > enter pin > Samsung pass is gone, and re-replaced with the original menu items to toggle, websites and samsung account login!! flip the toggles and you are all set to go.

FYI: I had to clear data on my banking app and relogin for it to trigger the change and allow me to register my fingerprint to login

Woh, thank you very much for shearing this! I sure want to use Samsung pass on my Knox tripped Exynos Galaxy Note 8. Gonna give this a shot and see if it works.
10th November 2017, 09:45 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag VancouverIsland
Thanks Meter: 311

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrElectrifyer

Woh, thank you very much for shearing this! I sure want to use Samsung pass on my Knox tripped Exynos Galaxy Note 8. Gonna give this a shot and see if it works.

Np! You are most welcome, that's what xda is for!
Please report back when you get it to work so others can see
The Following User Says Thank You to gundal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gundal Ad-Free
11th November 2017, 01:38 AM |#4  
Flag Electricity
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Np! You are most welcome, that's what xda is for!
Please report back when you get it to work so others can see

Thank you very much! Worked exactly as described, and just tested it on my credit card providers website, worked like a charm Thanks again for shearing
The Following User Says Thank You to MrElectrifyer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrElectrifyer Ad-Free
8th January 2018, 09:37 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:

websites
samsung account
unlock phone..

rename
to

then reboot..

HI man,

I followed your steps. I did not have any reference of samsung pass in /system/priv-app/* but I did delete the folder I found in /data/app/. I don't have any reference to samsung pass in my settings options but my banking app will still not allow me to register a finger, no prompt appears.

Rooted with Magisk, xposed installed, knox is tripped. Any ideas?
8th January 2018, 10:11 AM |#6  
Flag Medemblik
Thanks Meter: 115

More
(Temp) Disable Developers Options?
9th January 2018, 06:59 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnnoJ

(Temp) Disable Developers Options?

No joy unfortunately.
18th March 2018, 09:49 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Awesome, it works perfectly fine ! Thanks for the tip.
21st May 2018, 10:18 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

websites
samsung account
unlock phone..

rename
to

then reboot..

Its not working for me.
3rd June 2018, 10:19 PM |#10  

More
Thanks a lot
You are a life saver. I was looking for this for so long
9th July 2018, 01:59 PM |#11  
Flag Cape Town

More
Worked for me
Can confirm this works on my sm-g930f with latest oreo update! Thanx a lot!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)