Thanks Meter: 307

By gundal, Senior Member on 12th October 2017, 10:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th July 2018, 01:59 PM |#11  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Worked for me
Can confirm this works on my sm-g930f with latest oreo update! Thanx a lot!

15th August 2018, 02:19 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
screenshoot please
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundal

I recently and quite sadly discovered that once you trip knox, samsung pass no longer functions..
this is a change from the Note5, s6, s7 and note7.. where even if you had tripped knox and have root you could still register your biometrics and use them to login to:
websites
samsung account
unlock phone..

after the addition of samsung pass, we now only have the ability to unlock our device with biometrics. Website access, Samsung account and even some apps like my banking app that previously allowed us to use a fingerprint do not.

this majorly sucks.. as I tripped knox right away and still want to be able to login to websites with a finger touch...

SO while trying to modify the samsung pass apk to be more lenient.. I discovered that if you simply remove samsung pass...

rename
/system/priv-app/SamsungPass_1.3/SamsungPass_1.3.apk
to
/system/priv-app/SamsungPass_1.3/SamsungPass_1.3.apj

then remove /data/app/com.samsung.android.samsungpass-1
then reboot..

now when you go into the settigns > lock screen > fingerprints > enter pin > Samsung pass is gone, and re-replaced with the original menu items to toggle, websites and samsung account login!! flip the toggles and you are all set to go.

FYI: I had to clear data on my banking app and relogin for it to trigger the change and allow me to register my fingerprint to login

screenshot please

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil777

Can confirm this works on my sm-g930f with latest oreo update! Thanx a lot!

bro. you can share screenshot ? i confused.. because my samsung pay not work. . are you same?
The Following User Says Thank You to Asror For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Asror Ad-Free
1st September 2018, 11:55 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
It worked for me on Galaxy S9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundal

I recently and quite sadly discovered that once you trip knox, samsung pass no longer functions..
this is a change from the Note5, s6, s7 and note7.. where even if you had tripped knox and have root you could still register your biometrics and use them to login to:
websites
samsung account
unlock phone..

after the addition of samsung pass, we now only have the ability to unlock our device with biometrics. Website access, Samsung account and even some apps like my banking app that previously allowed us to use a fingerprint do not.

this majorly sucks.. as I tripped knox right away and still want to be able to login to websites with a finger touch...

SO while trying to modify the samsung pass apk to be more lenient.. I discovered that if you simply remove samsung pass...

rename
/system/priv-app/SamsungPass_1.3/SamsungPass_1.3.apk
to
/system/priv-app/SamsungPass_1.3/SamsungPass_1.3.apj

then remove /data/app/com.samsung.android.samsungpass-1
then reboot..

now when you go into the settigns > lock screen > fingerprints > enter pin > Samsung pass is gone, and re-replaced with the original menu items to toggle, websites and samsung account login!! flip the toggles and you are all set to go.

FYI: I had to clear data on my banking app and relogin for it to trigger the change and allow me to register my fingerprint to login

It worked for me on Galaxy S9 but my folder was /data/dat/app/com.samsung.android.samsungpass
then reboot and now can unlock with fingerprint
The Following User Says Thank You to picatrixgm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift picatrixgm Ad-Free
29th September 2018, 02:54 PM |#14  
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 3,393

Donate to Me
More
I'm pretty sure you could get the same effect without removing Samsung Pass.

Go to Settings>>General Management>>Language and Input>>Autofill Service and change it to Google.
23rd November 2018, 11:34 AM |#15  

More
Didnt work for me
It just crashes when I try to open it.
23rd December 2018, 02:58 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
SM-G965F with latest official SW doesn't hsve ver # after Samsung Pass and doesn't let me rename current package. Phone had factory reset after being rooted.
17th January 2019, 11:00 PM |#17  

More
my phone does not have /data/app/com.samsung.android.samsungpass-1 what i do know?
2nd February 2019, 09:29 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Not work on galaxy s8 update oktober 2018
16th March 2019, 06:34 PM |#19  
Flag România
Thanks Meter: 37

More
I have Samsung Galaxy Note 9 SM-N960F, android 9 PIE, rooted, and biometrics no works. Help me!
When log in Samsung Pass no work...and not set iris, fingerprint, etc. How resolve?
6th April 2019, 11:38 PM |#20  

More
explain better, or make a video explaining, I can not use samsung pass. what is the app used to edit apk?
28th April 2019, 08:06 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Good job bro 😊...working my s6. Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)