28th April 2019, 08:06 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Good job bro 😊...working my s6. Thanks
27th May 2019, 02:44 PM |#22  
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Hmm, the general consensus is that once you tripped knox - there isn't anything you can do to bring back Samsung pass So how are so many people getting it to work. Surely this hasn't gone unnoticed for 3 years..

Can anyone else comment on their S9 and if pass still works afterwards?
7th June 2019, 12:28 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Dont work on SM-N950F Android 9.0...
9th July 2019, 03:47 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 50

Donate to Me
More
for those who doesnt have root access, just enable USB debug on developper options and open adb/fastboot tools on pc and type:
adb devices

accept prompt window on phone and type:

adb shell
-press enter-
pm uninstall --user 0 com.samsung.android.samsungpass
-press enter-

now reboot and flip the toggles in fingerprints menu

to see all packages installed, type the command: pm list packages (after command adb shell)

btw, you can uninstall or disable with command:

pm uninstall --user 0 PACKAGE_NAME
pm disable-user --user 0 PACKAGE_NAME
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruneba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bruneba Ad-Free
10th September 2019, 12:59 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detonatte

I have Samsung Galaxy Note 9 SM-N960F, android 9 PIE, rooted, and biometrics no works. Help me!
When log in Samsung Pass no work...and not set iris, fingerprint, etc. How resolve?

you are flashing kernel from. incompatible version ...I have resolved so, download the SG7 PA version to your device. pass it and then twrp, download Weta kernel 5.0 flash decrypt, (after Full wipe) flash Weta kernel 5.0 after setting up every device, turn off play protect and verify apps via USB, in developer together, turn on debugging and then install magisk manager reboot and you will have everything working, including memory card.
22nd September 2019, 03:05 AM |#26  

More
cant find /data/app/com.samsung.android.samsungpass-1 help?
27th October 2019, 12:42 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomartinss

you are flashing kernel from. incompatible version ...I have resolved so, download the SG7 PA version to your device. pass it and then twrp, download Weta kernel 5.0 flash decrypt, (after Full wipe) flash Weta kernel 5.0 after setting up every device, turn off play protect and verify apps via USB, in developer together, turn on debugging and then install magisk manager reboot and you will have everything working, including memory card.

I'm using a s8 on pie, all latest version, updated, rooted, twrp, you say there's a method for getting everything working ? Can you point me to some sort of guide ? Would really appreciate it
9th November 2019, 01:32 AM |#28  
Flag Palmdale

More
Rooted or Stock rom
Hello, everyone, correct me if I'm wrong, but, you have to be rooted to gain access to the folder mention in the OP to do the changes, right?
7th February 2020, 02:46 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Thank you for this thread. I got lost and count coulnt find it so I'm posting as a bookmark
16th February 2020, 04:28 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundal

I recently and quite sadly discovered that once you trip knox, samsung pass no longer functions..
this is a change from the Note5, s6, s7 and note7.. where even if you had tripped knox and have root you could still register your biometrics and use them to login to:
websites
samsung account
unlock phone..

after the addition of samsung pass, we now only have the ability to unlock our device with biometrics. Website access, Samsung account and even some apps like my banking app that previously allowed us to use a fingerprint do not.

this majorly sucks.. as I tripped knox right away and still want to be able to login to websites with a finger touch...

SO while trying to modify the samsung pass apk to be more lenient.. I discovered that if you simply remove samsung pass...

rename
/system/priv-app/SamsungPass_1.3/SamsungPass_1.3.apk
to
/system/priv-app/SamsungPass_1.3/SamsungPass_1.3.apj

then remove /data/app/com.samsung.android.samsungpass-1
then reboot..

now when you go into the settigns > lock screen > fingerprints > enter pin > Samsung pass is gone, and re-replaced with the original menu items to toggle, websites and samsung account login!! flip the toggles and you are all set to go.

FYI: I had to clear data on my banking app and relogin for it to trigger the change and allow me to register my fingerprint to login

I'm new to this but I managed to root my phone. May I ask how do i do the stuff you just did to make samsung pass work??
20th March 2020, 12:09 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonyazz

I'm new to this but I managed to root my phone. May I ask how do i do the stuff you just did to make samsung pass work??

It won't work but a very good replacement is Lastpass app. You can use it across devices, and from pc you can import passwords from Chrome, and other browsers. Uses biometrics to authorise autofill of usernames/Passwords. Free app, with Premium paid features.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following User Says Thank You to elv1503 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elv1503 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)