FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Where to find Android 2.2 Froyo?

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By etcetera, Junior Member on 30th August 2019, 09:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
My device is Garmin-Asus A10 that runs Android 2.1 which is not compatible with the PlayStore. Which means I want to upgrade to 2.1 "Froyo" to get compatibility with the Google Playstore.

Where can find such an old beast, 2.1?

I plan to do this upgrade via Odin.
30th August 2019, 10:34 PM |#2  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,547

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by etcetera

My device is Garmin-Asus A10 that runs Android 2.1..........

I don't have this device myself but, it looks like the following link is specific to your device and has various downloads that includes the Firmwares...

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/A10/HelpDesk_Download/

... I'm not sure about any later Android Versions but, also note that it has everything you need to flash it via documentation, software, etc...

PLEASE REMEMBER: Odin is a software tool that is specific to "Samsung" devices only. You can "potentially" cause irreversible harm/damage a device if Odin is used for any device besides Samsung.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
10th September 2019, 12:16 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
correction. I have 2.1 and I am looking for 2.2. Where can I find Android version 2.2?

If there is no stock 2.2 for this device, is there a custom ROM that I can install?

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

and another question, how do I flash a non-2.1 ROM to the device if I cannot use Odin?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)