FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] rkDumper (utility for backup firmware of RockChip's devices)

317 posts
Thanks Meter: 231
 
By RedScorpioXDA, Senior Member on 23rd October 2014, 11:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th May 2019, 11:10 AM |#111  
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 154
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScorpioXDA

Sorry I mean logs
1. "imgRePackerRK /log /debug /pfilearameters.txt dump"
2. "imgRePackerRK /log /debug chip"


Ah, OK. I will come back when I'll have them.
 
 
1st July 2019, 09:20 PM |#112  
Macguyver1980's Avatar
Member
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Problem to backup my RK3288
I tried all and nothing is working. But from what's mentioned, your tool already support my embedded system. Joined the log of what I tried and the parameter info I was able to read from memory of my system.
I don't understand why it can't dump images.
Attached Files
File Type: txt parameter.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: txt rkDumper Log Fail.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.3 KB, 12 views)
2nd July 2019, 07:50 AM |#113  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macguyver1980

I tried all and nothing is working. But from what's mentioned, your tool already support my embedded system. Joined the log of what I tried and the parameter info I was able to read from memory of my system.
I don't understand why it can't dump images.

this can happen if the USB cable is poor or too long, or if the USB ports are faulty. Try combining ports/cables
2nd July 2019, 02:43 PM |#114  
Macguyver1980's Avatar
Member
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScorpioXDA

this can happen if the USB cable is poor or too long, or if the USB ports are faulty. Try combining ports/cables

This is what I was suspecting also already, I tried on other USB ports, the cable is the original furnished one, not long and in good state then I wasn't yet testing with other one. But on different USB ports directly on the mainboard in back computer, same. Then on another computer having yet USB 2 in case was the USB 3 problem but exactly the same too. When I use Android Tool for Rockchip, reading separately memory images, it can read from beginning of memory till 'resource' and from kernel, nothing, always Fail.
I don't think a protection could have been enabled on a part only of memory... I'm lost
3rd July 2019, 07:41 AM |#115  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macguyver1980

This is what I was suspecting also already, I tried on other USB ports, the cable is the original furnished one, not long and in good state then I wasn't yet testing with other one. But on different USB ports directly on the mainboard in back computer, same. Then on another computer having yet USB 2 in case was the USB 3 problem but exactly the same too. When I use Android Tool for Rockchip, reading separately memory images, it can read from beginning of memory till 'resource' and from kernel, nothing, always Fail.
I don't think a protection could have been enabled on a part only of memory... I'm lost

Sorry, I can't help you.
5th July 2019, 10:16 AM |#116  
Macguyver1980's Avatar
Member
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScorpioXDA

Sorry, I can't help you.

I progressed, I tried different tools and USB cable, finally with the Android Console Tool working in command lines, the normal ReadSector command was also not working, but with the ReadLBA one was working. I was able to read all parts using that command, but it's not clear for me to what's linked, what is really this LBA mode, if linked to fact it's not rooted, neither if images are correct and usable...
10th July 2019, 03:32 PM |#117  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231
 
Donate to Me
More
rkDumper
Utility for backup firmware of RockChip's devices


New version (1.07 Windows) ready

+ support of RK3388 added;
+ support of RK3036G added;
+ drivers version&date;
~ minor improvements.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedScorpioXDA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RedScorpioXDA Ad-Free
8th August 2019, 07:59 AM |#118  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231
 
Donate to Me
More
rkDumper
Utility for backup firmware of RockChip's devices


New version (1.08 Windows) ready

~ bug fixed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
rockchip dump

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes