Here is what I have done to root it.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Expandable with MicroSD
Disclaimer (Please Read Before Continuing.)
I am in no way, shape or form, responsible for the outcome, positive or negative, of you following the provided instructions on this thread.
It worked for me, but that does not mean it will 100% work for you. You are responsible for any side effects and damage caused to your device, your property, anyone nearby, or yourself, which includes, but not limited to: software and/or hardware destruction of the device, robbery, riots, injury, death, acts of god, epidemics/pandemics, natural disasters, government shutdowns, mutations, getting a certain limb of your body stuck in a ceiling fan, etc. Rooting WILL void your warranty (if there is any).
Install CWM Recovery
- Download file "PDAnet_4150.rar", unzip it, and install "PdaNetA4150.exe". That's the drivers for your phone.
- Turn off your phone, remove battery for at least 5 seconds, and put it back on.
- Do NOT turn on the phone yet.
- Download and unzip file "G9000_CWM_Recovery.rar" to an easy to remember directory.
- Unzip file SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1344.0.212.rar and run Flash_tool.exe
- Click on "Scatter-loading" button, navigate to folder you have unzipped "G9000_CWM_Recovery.rar" file and select file "MT6592_Android_scatter.txt"
- Be sure that ONLY "RECOVERY" is checked and the location is pointing to file "MT6592_Android_scatter.txt".
- Now press the "Download" button.
- A warning will come up saying not all boxes are checked. Click ‘Yes’.
- Wait about 5 to 10 seconds.
- Attach your phone to the PC using a USB cable (do not turn on the phone yet), and you will see the progress bar at the status bar of the program changing values.
- Wait until a green circle icon appears on the SP_Flash_Tool program.
- When you see the green circle, close the program and dettach the phone.
- Turn on the phone. Congratulations, now you have CWM recovery that we will use to root the phone.
Root the phone
- Transfer "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip" file to the root of your internal SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Get into recovery mode (keep pressing Volume+ button and Power button at the same time until you enter into CWM Recovery mode).
- Select "install update from internal SD card"
- Navigate and select "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip" file. (Navigate with the volume buttons, and select with the power button)
- Select Yes to install the update
- Reboot your phone. Congratulations, now you have a rooted phone.