[Tutor][Root] How to root Star G9000 (Galaxy S5 Clone) with MTK6592

Search This thread

georbe

Oct 18, 2014
I recently bought a phone from China. It's Star G9000, which is a Samsung Galaxy S5 clone, octa-core with MTK6592 chip.
Here is what I have done to root it.

System Specifications
Android 4.4.2 KitKat
MTK6592
2G RAM
16G ROM
Expandable with MicroSD

Disclaimer (Please Read Before Continuing.)
I am in no way, shape or form, responsible for the outcome, positive or negative, of you following the provided instructions on this thread.
It worked for me, but that does not mean it will 100% work for you. You are responsible for any side effects and damage caused to your device, your property, anyone nearby, or yourself, which includes, but not limited to: software and/or hardware destruction of the device, robbery, riots, injury, death, acts of god, epidemics/pandemics, natural disasters, government shutdowns, mutations, getting a certain limb of your body stuck in a ceiling fan, etc. Rooting WILL void your warranty (if there is any).

Root Guide

Downloads
  1. PDAnet_4150.rar
  2. UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip
  3. G9000_CWM_Recovery.rar
  4. SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1344.0.212.rar

Install CWM Recovery
  1. Download file "PDAnet_4150.rar", unzip it, and install "PdaNetA4150.exe". That's the drivers for your phone.
  2. Turn off your phone, remove battery for at least 5 seconds, and put it back on.
  3. Do NOT turn on the phone yet.
  4. Download and unzip file "G9000_CWM_Recovery.rar" to an easy to remember directory.
  5. Unzip file SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1344.0.212.rar and run Flash_tool.exe
  6. Click on "Scatter-loading" button, navigate to folder you have unzipped "G9000_CWM_Recovery.rar" file and select file "MT6592_Android_scatter.txt"
  7. Be sure that ONLY "RECOVERY" is checked and the location is pointing to file "MT6592_Android_scatter.txt".
  8. Now press the "Download" button.
  9. A warning will come up saying not all boxes are checked. Click ‘Yes’.
  10. Wait about 5 to 10 seconds.
  11. Attach your phone to the PC using a USB cable (do not turn on the phone yet), and you will see the progress bar at the status bar of the program changing values.
  12. Wait until a green circle icon appears on the SP_Flash_Tool program.
  13. When you see the green circle, close the program and dettach the phone.
  14. Turn on the phone. Congratulations, now you have CWM recovery that we will use to root the phone.

Root the phone
  1. Transfer "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip" file to the root of your internal SD card.
  2. Turn off your phone.
  3. Get into recovery mode (keep pressing Volume+ button and Power button at the same time until you enter into CWM Recovery mode).
  4. Select "install update from internal SD card"
  5. Navigate and select "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip" file. (Navigate with the volume buttons, and select with the power button)
  6. Select Yes to install the update
  7. Reboot your phone. Congratulations, now you have a rooted phone.

Attachments

• UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip
    1 MB · Views: 3,137
  • PDAnet_4150.rar
    3.1 MB · Views: 2,993
  • SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1344.0.212.rar
    4.9 MB · Views: 3,656
  • G9000_CWM_Recovery.rar
    6.2 MB · Views: 3,764
Last edited:

emmaachile

Jul 14, 2013
I recently bought a phone from China. It's Star G9000, which is a Samsung Galaxy S5 clone, octa-core with MTK6592 chip.

System Specifications
Android 4.4.2 KitKat
MTK6592
2G RAM
16G ROM
Expandable with MicroSD

I am in no way, shape or form, responsible for the outcome, positive or negative, of you following the provided instructions on this thread.
It worked for me, but that does not mean it will 100% work for you. You are responsible for any side effects and damage caused to your device, your property, anyone nearby, or yourself, which includes, but not limited to: software and/or hardware destruction of the device, robbery, riots, injury, death, acts of god, epidemics/pandemics, natural disasters, government shutdowns, mutations, getting a certain limb of your body stuck in a ceiling fan, etc. Rooting WILL void your warranty (if there is any).

Root Guide

Downloads
  1. PDAnet_4150.rar

Install CWM Recovery
  1. Download file "PDAnet_4150.rar", unzip it, and install "PdaNetA4150.exe". That's the drivers for your phone.
  2. Turn off your phone, remove battery for at least 5 seconds, and put it back on.
  4. Download and unzip file "G9000_CWM_Recovery.rar" to an easy to remember directory.
  6. Click on "Scatter-loading" button, navigate to folder you have unzipped "G9000_CWM_Recovery.rar" file and select file "MT6592_Android_scatter.txt"
  7. Be sure that ONLY "RECOVERY" is checked and the location is pointing to file "MT6592_Android_scatter.txt".
  11. Attach your phone to the PC using a USB cable (do not turn on the phone yet), and you will see the progress bar at the status bar of the program changing values.
  14. Turn on the phone. Congratulations, now you have CWM recovery that we will use to root the phone.

Root the phone
  1. Transfer "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip" file to the root of your internal SD card.
  2. Turn off your phone.
  3. Get into recovery mode (keep pressing Volume+ button and Power button at the same time until you enter into CWM Recovery mode).
  5. Navigate and select "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip" file. (Navigate with the volume buttons, and select with the power button)

Where did you get it ? And how is the performance . I want to order one.

matrix111

Jan 22, 2011
Hello, please, can you tell me, what ROM do you have? My is "706v92_jbla_fhd_20140827". Do you have the same one? Thank you

georbe

Oct 18, 2014

I've got it from Aliexpress. Go to the site a search for "755675732" without quotes.
The performance is excellent. It has MTK6592 chip which is 8-cores at 1.7 GHz.

The only thing you have to consider, is that the 3.5 mm jack that has, is not a REAL 3.5 mm jack. It's actually incompatible with any headphones I have ever have. The only headphones that works with this device, is only those that where in the original package.

Last edited:
Reactions: alfredxyz

etuliana

Nov 21, 2014
Trying to follow your guide, but I can't get into recovery mode

Hi Georbe,
I think I have the same phone (everything match except I am not sure if the Android is KitKat)... Just in case, here is the link of my phone: goo.gl/Qhcf5T
My phone stopped to respond and I tried removing the battery. Next time I turned it on, it keeps in Welcome screen and never starts.
I wanted to tried your steps... but the thing is that I can't get into recovery mode (I have tried with a lot of buttons combinations)...Is there any way that I can accomplish the step 3 of 'Root the phone' in another way?
Sorry for my ignorance, I am very new on those kind of things.
Thanks in advance.

alfredxyz

Aug 15, 2013
LE
cwm recovery

hi does anybody have a cwm recovery thats size is bigger or a working cwm touch for our device cause its verry verry small
i have found a 6.0.3.0 and a 6.0.4.4 but both not working for me
if anybody could help that would be nice

thx

Bulldozer28

Jul 13, 2016
Hi, I have a problem when i try to install CWM recovery.
At the pass 11
Attach your phone to the PC using a USB cable (do not turn on the phone yet), and you will see the progress bar at the status bar of the program changing values.
I connect the phone but in the SP Flash Tool don't change any; change only "USB" in "searching" but not all (0%, zero time, ecc).
Why?

M

mosherf

Flash tool won't download

System Specifications
Android 4.4.2 KitKat
MTK6592
2G RAM
16G ROM
Expandable with MicroSD

Root Guide

Downloads
  1. PDAnet_4150.rar

Install CWM Recovery

Root the phone
  2. Turn off your phone.

thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

System Specifications
    Android 4.4.2 KitKat
    MTK6592
    2G RAM
    16G ROM
    Expandable with MicroSD

Root Guide

Downloads
    1. PDAnet_4150.rar

Install CWM Recovery

Root the phone
    2. Turn off your phone.

I've got it from Aliexpress. Go to the site a search for "755675732" without quotes.
    The performance is excellent. It has MTK6592 chip which is 8-cores at 1.7 GHz.

The only thing you have to consider, is that the 3.5 mm jack that has, is not a REAL 3.5 mm jack. It's actually incompatible with any headphones I have ever have. The only headphones that works with this device, is only those that where in the original package.
    Hello, please, can you tell me, what ROM do you have? My is "706v92_jbla_fhd_20140827". Do you have the same one? Thank you

How can I find out what ROM do I have?
    Hello.
    In menu under icon SETTINGS -> ABOUT PHONE -> BUILD NUMBER

My build number is G9000_20140815