FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TWRP recovery not working on Blackview BV9500

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By Yves596, Junior Member on 30th November 2018, 09:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th January 2019, 10:06 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves596

Thank you for your help and Jemmini help too, it work fine.
But on the firmware version 20180629.

you can just download latest firmware and simply backup NVRAM etc with sp flash tool also flash with sp tool, you will have then working twrp with disabled encryption. there are tons of post regarding using sp flash tool on this forum
im using same phone and did these actions on first day and did not have any problem with twrp or magisk
The Following User Says Thank You to kanadali For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kanadali Ad-Free
 
 
11th February 2019, 11:01 PM |#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hi,

I've bought this phone in Pro version. I rooted my phone using needrom.com/download/bv9500pro-bv9500-root/ and adb after unlocking bootloader. Then I failed with errors. Then I used SPFlashTool in root mode with official 2018092919_s32v63c2k_jk_pro.rar rom (I don't find it anymore on the net but 1) I got it on Blackview official forum and 2) I have the file on my own PC) with format+Download and replace recovery with TWRP from Jemmini from 4pda.ru before flashing. OK.

Then I rooted again: format /data with TWRP, then install disable_encryption.zip, wipe dalvik, reboot on TWRP, then install Magisk, wipe dalvik, reboot normally.

Beware: TWRP is in Russian language at first boot, so to get it in English, first slide the first slide (allowing writing), then select 'Настройки', then the globe on top, then English, then 'Установитъ Язык'.

Hope this helps.

Then, this is my first rooted phone, so I plan to make a custom rom without Gapps (then maybe without Mediatek Ones and agold too) and remake all functionning with apps from Fdroid. Help needed on a manner of removing a system/vendor app properly. Help needed too to add V4A, as I could see max version supported is Nougat. I announce this here as my first post, but my project will be a full post. If someone want help please ask here or MP me

Note: an update of magisk is out (official 18.1), I installed it and my phone tells me a message that facial recognition was not working anymore then it only boots on TWRP... I reflashed it and my phone boots normally again. Wait and see...

Thanks to Jemmini from 4pda.ru again.

Bests Regards
13th February 2019, 04:13 AM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr0000000

Hi,

I've bought this phone in Pro version. I rooted my phone using needrom.com/download/bv9500pro-bv9500-root/ and adb after unlocking bootloader. Then I failed with errors. Then I used SPFlashTool in root mode with official 2018092919_s32v63c2k_jk_pro.rar rom (I don't find it anymore on the net but 1) I got it on Blackview official forum and 2) I have the file on my own PC) with format+Download and replace recovery with TWRP from Jemmini from 4pda.ru before flashing. OK.

Then I rooted again: format /data with TWRP, then install disable_encryption.zip, wipe dalvik, reboot on TWRP, then install Magisk, wipe dalvik, reboot normally.

Beware: TWRP is in Russian language at first boot, so to get it in English, first slide the first slide (allowing writing), then select 'Настройки', then the globe on top, then English, then 'Установитъ Язык'.

Hope this helps.

Then, this is my first rooted phone, so I plan to make a custom rom without Gapps (then maybe without Mediatek Ones and agold too) and remake all functionning with apps from Fdroid. Help needed on a manner of removing a system/vendor app properly. Help needed too to add V4A, as I could see max version supported is Nougat. I announce this here as my first post, but my project will be a full post. If someone want help please ask here or MP me

Note: an update of magisk is out (official 18.1), I installed it and my phone tells me a message that facial recognition was not working anymore then it only boots on TWRP... I reflashed it and my phone boots normally again. Wait and see...

Thanks to Jemmini from 4pda.ru again.

Bests Regards

It'd be great to have another rom but I'm facing a problem with battery life. Basically mobile network standby drains 5000mah battery every day i turned off from developer option but still problem is there. I have checked every single post on Google but nobody has solution for this. U guys face this problem too?
15th February 2019, 01:03 PM |#14  
Reflected_God's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanadali

It'd be great to have another rom but I'm facing a problem with battery life. Basically mobile network standby drains 5000mah battery every day i turned off from developer option but still problem is there. I have checked every single post on Google but nobody has solution for this. U guys face this problem too?

New update has been released today. It solves some battery issues, but be very careful.

I installed it, having TWRP and now I'm stuck in TWRP. I've tried to wipe everything but I'm still in TWRP.

I'll try SPFlashTool ... hope it works.
15th February 2019, 03:46 PM |#15  
Reflected_God's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Everything restored & updated.

Using SPFlashTool I flashed all files included in 2018092919_s32v63c2k_jk_pro.rar (including original recovery instead of TWRP).
After that, Android booted and then, using OTA, I updated to latest version.
15th February 2019, 05:05 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected_God

New update has been released today. It solves some battery issues, but be very careful.

I installed it, having TWRP and now I'm stuck in TWRP. I've tried to wipe everything but I'm still in TWRP.

I'll try SPFlashTool ... hope it works.

Could you please send me the link? Can't find it on blackview forum
15th February 2019, 06:54 PM |#17  
Reflected_God's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanadali

Could you please send me the link? Can't find it on blackview forum

The latest version is not on the forum. I installed via OTA.

But if you mean the previous firmware, there is one link on the blackview forum: http://bbs.blackview.hk/viewtopic.php?t=480235#p795494

SP Flash tools are well documented here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1982587

And a complete list of blackview bv9500 / bv9500 pro files and instructions (in russian): https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=931296

Hope you find what you are looking for.
17th February 2019, 02:49 AM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
@kanadali,

for the moment I'm not facing battery drain because there is not simcard in it at this state of my modifications, sorry.

@Reflected_God,

I think this is the link I used, I use the 2018092919_s32v63c2k_jk_pro.rar rom for base.

For all others who faces big problems like me (facial recognition not working then reboot on twrp only, I could reflash my phone with SPFlashTool, the rom and twrp from Jemmini/4PDA in russian only (others don't work for me). I used Format + Download in root mode on Linux. Then format /data with TWRP, then install disable_encryption.zip, wipe dalvik, reboot on TWRP, then install Magisk, wipe dalvik, reboot normally. Do other things. To remove gapps I disabled/force stop it before remove with TWRP. Others apps I can't disable simply remove with TWRP. I test if I encounter bugs but none for the moment. If someone wants to know what I do I've made a LibreOffice Calc sheet log, which evolve when I have time

Hope this helps

Bests Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to nr0000000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nr0000000 Ad-Free
18th March 2019, 08:35 PM |#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Need Files or a GOOD guide. bv9500 NOT PRO.
If someone could upload the exact files that they used, and the exact same steps, that would be great. Please mention what stock version you have and a link to the image if possible as well. I've followed numerous different guides, with multiple different rom versions, multiple different recovery imgs, used sp flash tool and adb/fastboot multiple times, tried making sure everything was unlocked before each try, have all the necessary drivers, and the closest I get to a functional twrp recovery is a green line that appears at the top of the boot screen before it reboots. Ive tried going to the source, the russian site, but all of the links are 404ed. if not for me, then it would be great to just have this all in one place. Thank you please future hero.

Please include exact program versions (ex SP Flash) as well if not zips of them. I am sorry to be asking so much in one post however I truly didn't know what else to do. And I am typically very good with my google fu xD
I currently have build number BV_BV9500_V1.0_20181026. That seems to matter I believe.
7th May 2019, 04:24 AM |#20  
Senior Member
Flag Cowford, FL - Blackview BV9500 Pro
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
I second the notion.

I have the pro model. I have considered rooting it, but honestly, the phone works well enough as-is without root (for me). However, I'd LOVE to be able to play with different ROMs on this device **AS LONG AS I CAN MAINTAIN THE TWO-WAY UHF TRANSCEIVER FUNCTIONALITY** (i.e. not some "needs-a-network-of-some-kind" "walkie talkie app" like Zello but the real UHF two-way), and I'd LOVE the ability to play with the files associated with the radio to really explore the hardware's capabilities.

Unfortunately, this phone seems more popular in [North]eastern Asia than anywhere else so I don't think we're likely to get much on this forum regarding it unless and until BV become a popular name in the western hemisphere.
28th May 2019, 12:27 PM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
@admins/moderators....
Is it OK to post a link to a "google sites" page where I'll write up a permanent tutorial for rooting the Blackview BV9500 PRO?

@The rest of the world....

If you're here, it is because you are struggling with rooting this phone,
Until I get the permission to link a better tutorial, search and download the following:

SP-Flash tool and Mediatek-drivers (Should be on the same site),
ADB drivers for windows (make sure to only select trusted sites for this),
BV_BV9500Pro_V1.0_20180829.rar - found by scouring the bbs dot blackview dot com forums (ref: 20180829.rar),
BV9500_root.zip - from the needrom site as per page one of this forum post*

When I've polished a tutorial, I'll even supply the files and/or links for the above

*For this site.... just use a burner account like Gurillamail or something, unfortunately, they're the only source that doesn't 404-not-found on us ._.

Now to the method (non-bricked, still wipes data):
I assume you've already unlocked the bootloader and unlocked the flashing mode, just you're here due to that "signed firmware" black-recovery-screen-of-death issue.... so I'll skip the unlocking bit for now...
First install the ADB toolkit and then the VCOM driver for SP-flashtool to work....
Fully charge the phone (or at least above 80%, just for a buffer),
Boot the phone, enable developer's options and enable USB debugging,
open CMD as administrator on the PC and plug in the phone,
type "adb devices" in CMD and unlock (swipe, password, etc) the phone and allow device debugging,
Extract the 20180829.rar,
open SP-FlashTool selecting the download tab,
"choose" scatter loading file and locate the scatter file in the unzipped 20180829.rar
type in the CMD window "adb reboot" and immediately click on Download in the SP_flashtool
wait until the flash tool shows a box with a green tick showing success, then unplug the phone and power up...
go through the setup screens and then re-enable developers' options and adb....
extract the "needrom" sourced zip and open the scatter-file in the SP-flashtool,
using the CMD, type "adb reboot" and immediately click download on the flashtool,
when complete, unplug the phone and boot normally, shutdown, then boot by holding vol+ and power, leaving only vol+ held during boot-up.... if the first try doesn,t work try a few times....

I hope this works....


For bricked phones:
do most of the above, except when doing the firmware-downgrade to 20180829.... hit the download button on the flashtool and then plug in the phone holding the vol+ (in case it tries booting, thus it should reboot or boot into VCOM mode)...

I know, it's a bit rough of a tutorial, however hopefully it helps...

edit: I hope this is in the right place, I assumed as it answers the OP somewhat, however I'm aware people will stumble on this thread when their phone bricks or won't root,.
So advice is welcome
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes