4 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Yves596, Junior Member on 30th November 2018, 09:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th May 2019, 12:27 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@admins/moderators....
Is it OK to post a link to a "google sites" page where I'll write up a permanent tutorial for rooting the Blackview BV9500 PRO?

@The rest of the world....

If you're here, it is because you are struggling with rooting this phone,
Until I get the permission to link a better tutorial, search and download the following:

SP-Flash tool and Mediatek-drivers (Should be on the same site),
ADB drivers for windows (make sure to only select trusted sites for this),
BV_BV9500Pro_V1.0_20180829.rar - found by scouring the bbs dot blackview dot com forums (ref: 20180829.rar),
BV9500_root.zip - from the needrom site as per page one of this forum post*

When I've polished a tutorial, I'll even supply the files and/or links for the above

*For this site.... just use a burner account like Gurillamail or something, unfortunately, they're the only source that doesn't 404-not-found on us ._.

Now to the method (non-bricked, still wipes data):
I assume you've already unlocked the bootloader and unlocked the flashing mode, just you're here due to that "signed firmware" black-recovery-screen-of-death issue.... so I'll skip the unlocking bit for now...
First install the ADB toolkit and then the VCOM driver for SP-flashtool to work....
Fully charge the phone (or at least above 80%, just for a buffer),
Boot the phone, enable developer's options and enable USB debugging,
open CMD as administrator on the PC and plug in the phone,
type "adb devices" in CMD and unlock (swipe, password, etc) the phone and allow device debugging,
Extract the 20180829.rar,
open SP-FlashTool selecting the download tab,
"choose" scatter loading file and locate the scatter file in the unzipped 20180829.rar
type in the CMD window "adb reboot" and immediately click on Download in the SP_flashtool
wait until the flash tool shows a box with a green tick showing success, then unplug the phone and power up...
go through the setup screens and then re-enable developers' options and adb....
extract the "needrom" sourced zip and open the scatter-file in the SP-flashtool,
using the CMD, type "adb reboot" and immediately click download on the flashtool,
when complete, unplug the phone and boot normally, shutdown, then boot by holding vol+ and power, leaving only vol+ held during boot-up.... if the first try doesn,t work try a few times....

I hope this works....

For bricked phones:
do most of the above, except when doing the firmware-downgrade to 20180829.... hit the download button on the flashtool and then plug in the phone holding the vol+ (in case it tries booting, thus it should reboot or boot into VCOM mode)...

I know, it's a bit rough of a tutorial, however hopefully it helps...

edit: I hope this is in the right place, I assumed as it answers the OP somewhat, however I'm aware people will stumble on this thread when their phone bricks or won't root,.
So advice is welcome

9th September 2019, 01:04 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DedR4M

@admins/moderators....
Is it OK to post a link to a "google sites" page where I'll write up a permanent tutorial for rooting the Blackview BV9500 PRO?

@The rest of the world....

If you're here, it is because you are struggling with rooting this phone,
Until I get the permission to link a better tutorial, search and download the following:

SP-Flash tool and Mediatek-drivers (Should be on the same site),
ADB drivers for windows (make sure to only select trusted sites for this),
BV_BV9500Pro_V1.0_20180829.rar - found by scouring the bbs dot blackview dot com forums (ref: 20180829.rar),
BV9500_root.zip - from the needrom site as per page one of this forum post*

When I've polished a tutorial, I'll even supply the files and/or links for the above

*For this site.... just use a burner account like Gurillamail or something, unfortunately, they're the only source that doesn't 404-not-found on us ._.

Now to the method (non-bricked, still wipes data):
I assume you've already unlocked the bootloader and unlocked the flashing mode, just you're here due to that "signed firmware" black-recovery-screen-of-death issue.... so I'll skip the unlocking bit for now...
First install the ADB toolkit and then the VCOM driver for SP-flashtool to work....
Fully charge the phone (or at least above 80%, just for a buffer),
Boot the phone, enable developer's options and enable USB debugging,
open CMD as administrator on the PC and plug in the phone,
type "adb devices" in CMD and unlock (swipe, password, etc) the phone and allow device debugging,
Extract the 20180829.rar,
open SP-FlashTool selecting the download tab,
"choose" scatter loading file and locate the scatter file in the unzipped 20180829.rar
type in the CMD window "adb reboot" and immediately click on Download in the SP_flashtool
wait until the flash tool shows a box with a green tick showing success, then unplug the phone and power up...
go through the setup screens and then re-enable developers' options and adb....
extract the "needrom" sourced zip and open the scatter-file in the SP-flashtool,
using the CMD, type "adb reboot" and immediately click download on the flashtool,
when complete, unplug the phone and boot normally, shutdown, then boot by holding vol+ and power, leaving only vol+ held during boot-up.... if the first try doesn,t work try a few times....

I hope this works....

For bricked phones:
do most of the above, except when doing the firmware-downgrade to 20180829.... hit the download button on the flashtool and then plug in the phone holding the vol+ (in case it tries booting, thus it should reboot or boot into VCOM mode)...

I know, it's a bit rough of a tutorial, however hopefully it helps...

edit: I hope this is in the right place, I assumed as it answers the OP somewhat, however I'm aware people will stumble on this thread when their phone bricks or won't root,.
So advice is welcome

Thanks a lot DedR4M, you unbricked my phone!!!
But I'm still stuck in flashing AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. Before it started once, now it doesn't even get to the boot screen. Maybe because the second scatter text couldn't be executed. SF told me I have to erase as well, and if I had chosen this option he told me that there is no system file to proceed. So my question now is, whats the second scatter text do?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)