FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unlocking Jiofi M2 Pegasus Router (WIP) JioFi 2

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By Archaider, Junior Member on 1st May 2017, 07:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
/** Dont Get Confused Between Jiofi 2 and Jiofi 3. This Thread is Exclusive for JioFi 2 M2 Unlocking ,
If you Brick or Damage your JioFi Router then please don't blame me **/

Hi Guys,

I have been doing some research on the JioFi M2 Mobile Router from past few days. I new things have been discovered which were not known to us Before .

New Updates 13.8.2017:
Know your device
New Updates 2.5.2017:
I have Found the hardware Specs of the JioFi M2 Wifi Router by Disassembling it.
Specs :
  • Cpu: Qualcomm mdm 9307
    Flash Chip: Nanya 1635
    Montherbroad: MF672S v3.1_B

New Updates 1.5.2017:
  • This Router is a Android Device
  • Fastboot Mode is Available on this device ( Hold WPS + Power Button for 3 Secs ) Works Even without Battery inside
  • Fastboot Reboot and Fastboot Reboot Bootloader Working
  • Fastboot OEM Unlock is Showing Remote Unlock Not Allowed

Currently my JioFi M2 is running on PEG_M2_B34 Firmware Version. I have tried Flashing JioFi_JMR520_R6.20.bin but its a FAILURE

I am still trying to figure out if there is a USB Debugging mode so that we can reveal the Chipset and OEM of this Router.

How Can you Help ME ??
Ans : If you have the firmware file of Jiofi M2 Router then Please upload to a Dropbox or GDrive Drop the Link Below. I will try to unpack the .bin firmware and Repack and Flash.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Archaider For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Archaider Ad-Free

1st May 2017, 11:05 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hello
gimme Ur email... i have a link but xda is not allowing me to type a link here as i am new.... (Mod Edit - Email Removed)
The Following User Says Thank You to simiasidhu1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simiasidhu1 Ad-Free
5th May 2017, 02:26 PM |#3  
Flag Kanpur
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simiasidhu1

gimme Ur email... i have a link but xda is not allowing me to type a link here as i am new.... (Mod Edit - Email Removed)

Link for Jiofi 2? Which version?
7th May 2017, 06:10 AM |#4  
Flag bhopal
Thanks Meter: 33

Donate to Me
More
Any development in Jiofi M2 unlocking. Could you confirm Internal memory and RAM? I saw on quora that Jiofi M2 has RAM of 2GB LPDDR2 and 4GB NAND(what will they do with 4GB also it's not user accessible) . Why they need such a high RAM and memory capacity as device never consumed more than 106MB(RAM). Also new one has(Jiofi3) 512 MB(That too only LPDDR instead of LPDDR2) and only 1GB NAND. Seems like Jiofi2 is actually better than Jiofi3. Also i think they are using cheaper cpu and motherboard(like spreadtrum) as a cost cutting measure.
Btw after Feb 2017 firmware update which only add help menu decreased Internet spees. Now speed no longer as fast as oct firmware.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Hey OP why are you flashing Jiofi JMR 520 bin. It's for Jiifi 3 not Jiofi M2.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

I couldn't find any info on Qualcomm mdm 9307. Are you sure it is 9307 not 9207-1?

Also Juifi M2 looks like Andromax M2Y. Maybe both are same.
8th May 2017, 08:24 AM |#5  
Flag Kanpur
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishi420

Btw after Feb 2017 firmware update which only add help menu decreased Internet spees. Now speed no longer as fast as oct firmware.

yes the new PEG_M2_B34 update has made speed slow with frequent disconnections (internet does not work unless JioFi is restarted). Did you find any solution? Went to service center and after a lot of queue (they do not deposit device, sit there like idiot waiting for your turn) finally when my number came the JioFi worked pretty smooth with downloading speed of 3MB/sec. Trolled me.
20th May 2017, 02:30 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Any updates in unlocking JIOFI 2 device. Actually, the device switches to Band 3 or 5 effectively reducing the internet speed. I'm looking for a way to have the device stick in Band 40 on which it gives awesome speed.
27th May 2017, 01:36 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any progress yet ?
As Abraham79 said, the speed on band 40 (~8-13 Mbps) is way faster than band 5 or band 3(~300Kbps to 1Mbps)
My jiofi 3 also had a firmware update and since then it rareeeeeeeeeely connects to band 40.
On using web developer tools and disabling all styles for the admin page I found it had many hidden setting like changing the mode between FDD and TDD ......................but it cannot be saved as page doesn't work after disabling styles

am totally fed up with this poor speed, will research and try for some more days then quit this
28th May 2017, 04:24 PM |#8  

More
version check failed
when i m trying to update it is saying version check failed what to do now?
29th May 2017, 11:52 AM |#9  

More
OK if it is for jiofi3 plzz provide us for jiofi2,Thanx for your help
25th June 2017, 05:10 PM |#10  
Flag una himachal
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Looks like its impossible to lock jiofi2 to band 40. If someone can take firmware from jiofi i.e. Jiofi 1 and make it able to install on jiofi2 then we can get band 40 only because jiofi 1 has only band 40 supported
8th July 2017, 09:54 AM |#11  
Flag Chennai

More
JioFi Me is working horribly after a new auto update of firmware version PEG_M2_B34. The speed is incredibly low and intermittently disconnecting. All rebooting, resetting done with no use. Anyway to uninstal the update or other firmware update etc. Please help. I stopped uding the device
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)