FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Triada.aw trojan in brand new Ulefone S8 Pro [MT6737]

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By r1kkman, Junior Member on 21st December 2017, 11:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello.
I just bought a brand new Ulefone S8 Pro from Gearbest.
While connecting to my company's wifi an alarm from their security service (Esentire) picked up a trojan signature hash: Triada.aw
Anyone had this problem before?
How can I root this phone and which ROM should I flash?
Thank you.

22nd December 2017, 06:40 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1kkman

Hello.
While connecting to my company's wifi an alarm from their security service (Esentire) picked up a trojan signature hash: Triada.aw
Thank you.

Don't know about your phone specifically but you should be able to find a way to disable that app (others too maybe) their are many tutorials on web eg
https://www.xda-developers.com/unins...t-root-access/

Or maybe apps like Package Disabler or Debloater etc will work for you. But if you can find a root method & custom ROM, that may be better (best to use a well known one from a trusted dev here on XDA)
The Following User Says Thank You to IronRoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronRoo Ad-Free
16th January 2018, 04:31 PM |#3  
Flag Spain
Thanks Meter: 2

More
same problem with ulefone
Quote:

Hello.
Thank you.

Hello, I have the same problem and I have sent several emails to the company to eliminate the Trojan of the sound recorder ... but they still do not answer.
I'll keep sending more emails, but ... if some developer does twrp for our phone, we can root it and delete it.
17th January 2018, 03:49 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Workaround
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfonemaello

Hello, I have the same problem and I have sent several emails to the company to eliminate the Trojan of the sound recorder ... but they still do not answer.
I'll keep sending more emails, but ... if some developer does twrp for our phone, we can root it and delete it.

Yes, Ulefone just doesn't care. You can try ADB, then uninstall that app. The apk stays on the phone but inactive. That's what I have done.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r1kkman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift r1kkman Ad-Free
17th January 2018, 06:46 PM |#5  
Flag Spain

More
Trojan in recorder of ulefone s8 pro
Quote:

Yes, Ulefone just doesn't care. You can try ADB, then uninstall that app. The apk stays on the phone but inactive. That's what I have done.

The problem of the Trojan of my ULEFONE S8 PRO is the sound recorder, and it is installed in the system part, so if I do not root or install TWRP I can not delete it. If any developer can help us and give us some solution ... I sent several emails to ULEFONE and they do not answer. The Trojan was detected by ESET NOD 32 MOBILE.
Thank you
17th January 2018, 11:07 PM |#6  
Quote:

The problem of the Trojan of my ULEFONE S8 PRO is the sound recorder, and it is installed in the system part, so if I do not root or install TWRP I can not delete it. If any developer can help us and give us some solution ... I sent several emails to ULEFONE and they do not answer. The Trojan was detected by ESET NOD 32 MOBILE.
Thank you

They will not remove it it's what they built into system & it is working exactly as it was designed to work, I believe. It's just that most people would probably class it as a Trojan due to it's behavior.

you should freeze it like @r1kkman.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronRoo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronRoo Ad-Free
18th January 2018, 01:50 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
freeze it
Quote:

Thank you

Yes, with TWRP or CWM we could root it and delete the apk, but with ADB you can uninstall it. Then just the apk package sits in the priv-apps folder, without harming the OS.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r1kkman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift r1kkman Ad-Free
21st January 2018, 03:46 PM |#8  
Flag Spain

More
thnxs unninstalling with adb metod
Quote:

Yes, with TWRP or CWM we could root it and delete the apk, but with ADB you can uninstall it. Then just the apk package sits in the priv-apps folder, without harming the OS.

Hi, thanks for the help, I uninstalled it by the ADB method, I do not intend to buy more phones of this brand, they do not respond to the emails that I sent them. Very bad company.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRoo

Don't know about your phone specifically but you should be able to find a way to disable that app (others too maybe) their are many tutorials on web eg
https://www.xda-developers.com/unins...t-root-access/

Or maybe apps like Package Disabler or Debloater etc will work for you. But if you can find a root method & custom ROM, that may be better (best to use a well known one from a trusted dev here on XDA)

Hi, thanks for the help, I uninstalled it by that ADB method, I do not intend to buy more phones of this brand, they do not respond to the emails that I sent them. Very bad company.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRoo

They will not remove it it's what they built into system & it is working exactly as it was designed to work, I believe. It's just that most people would probably class it as a Trojan due to it's behavior.

you should freeze it like @r1kkman.

Hi, thanks for the help, I uninstalled it by that ADB method, I do not intend to buy more phones of this brand, they do not respond to the emails that I sent them. Very bad company.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Quote:

Hi, thanks for the help, uninstalled
22nd January 2018, 11:40 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Mobile Uncle Tools might fix it, download on your computer and plug in your device and click "Remove China". It deletes all detected Chinese apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDarkLord098 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheDarkLord098 Ad-Free
22nd January 2018, 03:05 PM |#10  
Flag Spain

More
thxs Dark ... unninstalled with adb metod
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkLord098

Mobile Uncle Tools might fix it, download on your computer and plug in your device and click "Remove China". It deletes all detected Chinese apps.

thxs for all, I unninstalled by ADB metod.
26th January 2018, 09:31 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:

thxs for all, I unninstalled by ADB metod.

Oh ok, switch to Doogee
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)