5 month old Nexus 6P (stock Nougat) bricks itself while on my desk?

Search This thread

BrickOfNexus

Mar 1, 2017
I've dealt with a few bricked phones in the past that have been a simple fix through ADB/Recovery, but this one really perplexes me.

So I get work, place my phone on the desk, and a few minuets into the day I see it re-boot out of the corner of my eye. It's not something to be expected but this has happened a few time over the 5 months I've had this phone so I think nothing of it.

But 5 minuets later its still looping on the Google logo. So hold down the sleep button to shut it down, still loops. The only thing I have done to this phone is unlock the bootloader through the command prompt and install a stock Nougat image straight from Google

Using the hardware keys I can get into the the bootloader, but that's it. "Recovery Mode" option sends the phone back into a loop so I can't reset the phone to factory (though ideally I would like to save the thousands of photos on the device) or enable USB Debugging as I can't get into Android.

I have Googles Android USB Driver installed, Windows 10 chimes when I plug it in, It appears in Device Manager as "Android Bootloader Interface" but I have not been able to get it to show in the terminal with ADB. I have also tried on a Windows 7 and OSX Laptop.

I am completely dumbfounded, any help/ideas would be amazing!

Thank you