FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to Change DNS in Android Device (8 methods)

827 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,377

Post Reply Email Thread
18th July 2019, 10:33 AM |#31  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,742

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKing00

I want to change my DNS permanently.
I created script but it's not helping.
Also where to put those scripts in device? I have installed magisk and flashed latest init.d injector.
other than that I'm using redmi note 4 resurrection remix rom 7.0.2 (android 9) and also installed riru core and edExposed.
Can you please check these scripts?
...snip...

Firstly, if you have Magisk, then place your scripts in your service.d path; location of that is depending on version.

You may also wish to add logging to your script so that you know it has actually ran.

I am running Oreo, and I found that using the default service providers DNS, by-passed my ad blocking via host file mods.

I found the following worked. I added in a bunch of settings/values into my build prop. I tested it a while back, but it still seems to work for me, but it may also be ROM dependent. The script has a few includes, but should be pretty easy to workout from the naming. eg
Code:
bb=busybox;
https://del.dog/owunorigab.pl

Its not a script to simply drop in and it will work, I have a whole scripting environment set up over owning an android phone for 8 years, with all these includes and logging etc but the meat is there.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
change dns, dns, dns settings, modify dns, set dns

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)