Python for automation using dtmilano's android ViewClient
1. What is python?
2. What is dtmilano's android ViewClient?
2a. How to install dtmilano's android ViewClient?
3. What all methods present in android viewclient?
4. How to import and use android viewclient in our project?
5. How do I automate android native/3rd party apps using android viewclient?
6. How to take screen shots using viewclient?
7. How to handle files using file library?
Let us begin the journey, I hope this one wont be boring
Python is a general-purpose interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, and high-level programming language.
It was created by Guido van Rossum during 1985- 1990. Like Perl, Python source code is also available under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- AndroidViewClient is a 100% pure python library and tools that simplifies test script creation
and android test automation, providing higher level operations and the ability of obtaining the tree of Views present at any
given moment on the device or emulator screen and perform operations on it.
As it's 100% pure python it doesn't require monkeyrunner, jython or any interpreter other than python.
- Install Python from https://www.python.org/downloads/
- Now download dtmilano's .egg file from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/androidviewclient/
- Once it is done rename the downloaded file to .zip format and after that extract it to C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages.
- The easiest method to install this is to use the command "easy_install". If you don't have easy_install installed, install the package python-setuptools(https://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools)
- Once its done setup environment variable to C:\Python27\Scripts and after that run easy_install <path of downloaded dtmilano's .egg file> and you are good to go.