FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][MOD][4.2.X] Use Video as Bootanimation and Shutdown animation- Bootx Binary

110 posts
Thanks Meter: 136

Post Reply Email Thread
29th November 2014, 09:17 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimortal6

it is in "BootX_Mod_By_abhimortal6.zip"

and here is the preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aquFmQsOwM

Thanks man, its awesome!

30th November 2014, 10:39 PM |#22  

More
Hey there Abhi, would you mind shedding me some light? I've flashed the file you linked a couple of messages above and everything went ok. Files were copied, permissions were given, the cell phone took the almost the same amount of time to complete the boot but the boot animation output is just a black screen...no shutdown animation whatsoever!

Thanks man!

Im running Motorola RazrHD (XT925)< CM11 latest nightly, ART, F2FS /Data. (The normal (no MP4, no sound) Marvel boot animation was working fine!
2nd December 2014, 01:58 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gwalior

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMarques

Hey there Abhi, would you mind shedding me some light? I've flashed the file you linked a couple of messages above and everything went ok. Files were copied, permissions were given, the cell phone took the almost the same amount of time to complete the boot but the boot animation output is just a black screen...no shutdown animation whatsoever!

Thanks man!

Im running Motorola RazrHD (XT925)< CM11 latest nightly, ART, F2FS /Data. (The normal (no MP4, no sound) Marvel boot animation was working fine!

Check the title..!
sorry i'll compile for 4.4.x later
u can use the devilx9 thread
2nd December 2014, 06:33 AM |#24  

More
Quote:

Check the title..!
sorry i'll compile for 4.4.x later
u can use the devilx9 thread

...my bad man!

I'll be looking forward for having it on both CM11 4.4.4 & CM12 5.0 as well!

Cheers!
13th December 2014, 08:03 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Hey @abhimortal6 awsome work man....only problem is all videos are showing in landscape mode and also they are stretched to fit in landscape.....any fix....lenovo a3000 tablet....4.2.2 mtk6589

Edit: just tried mcu bootanimation which was already in landscape mode....it turned portrait upside down stained stretched to fire the screen....

So now I figured out that every video gets rotated 90° clockwise and stretched to......now any fix?
13th December 2014, 07:52 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gwalior

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredmatix

Hey @abhimortal6 awsome work man....only problem is all videos are showing in landscape mode and also they are stretched to fit in landscape.....any fix....lenovo a3000 tablet....4.2.2 mtk6589

Edit: just tried mcu bootanimation which was already in landscape mode....it turned portrait upside down stained stretched to fire the screen....

So now I figured out that every video gets rotated 90° clockwise and stretched to......now any fix?

please send me some screen shot so i can see whats the prob . use terminal emulator and type
"su" then "bootanimation" then capture screen shot. so i can adjust video resolution for tabs
however i've already fixed it for shutdown just rename shutdown video to "bootxoff_land.mp4"
15th December 2014, 05:24 AM |#27  

More
Thumbs up Video link added
I think screenshot can't explain what's happening so I recorded the screen...and now you can download and check it out......when ever bootanimation plays...tab thinks that its screen has rotated 90° clockwise......and even after bootanimation stops...everything is now displaying in the top half of the screen rotated and diminished.......I have to touch at where the object has to be and not where it is showing to access anything....finally I enable auto rotation and then get my screen back in portrait......

PS...my tab never had a shutdown animation so cannot test it....all it says I shutting down....and then screen goes black.....

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0xz...p=docslist_api
19th December 2014, 05:01 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gwalior

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredmatix

I think screenshot can't explain what's happening so I recorded the screen...and now you can download and check it out......when ever bootanimation plays...tab thinks that its screen has rotated 90° clockwise......and even after bootanimation stops...everything is now displaying in the top half of the screen rotated and diminished.......I have to touch at where the object has to be and not where it is showing to access anything....finally I enable auto rotation and then get my screen back in portrait......

PS...my tab never had a shutdown animation so cannot test it....all it says I shutting down....and then screen goes black.....

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0xz...p=docslist_api

sorry for late reply b/c of my xams

please try bootx.mp4 in rar i attached and let me know if worked!!
Attached Files
File Type: rar bootx.rar - [Click for QR Code] (3.27 MB, 54 views)
20th December 2014, 06:26 AM |#29  

More
i got that trick
Quote:

sorry for late reply b/c of my xams

please try bootx.mp4 in rar i attached and let me know if worked!!

Oh yes man....it works all you did is rotate the video 90° anticlockwise so that while playing it gets rotated back to normal.......well I had already figured it out and was using it before.....but that doesn't matter thanks for your....help ill resort to it as a workaeound until you aren't able to find the bug......

PS I think there is some problem with my device because when I installed smart scroll tools from playstore.....its scroll directions were mismatched...like up was right and right was down......me and the dev @mrYoussef135 have been in touch over that matter.....so this makes me think somethings wrong with my tablet
21st December 2014, 05:59 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
how do we get 2 part bootanimations to run (begin+loop) correctly?
23rd December 2014, 06:24 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gwalior

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsawcrank

how do we get 2 part bootanimations to run (begin+loop) correctly?

sorry but this binary doesn't plays loops!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot video, set video as bootanimation, use video as bootanimation, video as bootanimation, video on boot

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)