FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE]Set Video as bootanimation(Testers needed!)

360 posts
Thanks Meter: 425

By devilex94, Senior Member on 23rd October 2014, 12:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys because of Motorola's good deeds i found a way to Set a Video as bootanimation.
The procedure is very simple.

EDIT : VIDEO TUTORIAL IS NOW ADDED !!!
EDIT 2: WATCH DOGS/ctOS BOOTANIMATION IS NOW ADDED !!!
EDIT 3: SUPPORT FOR LOLLIPOP ADDED . NOT TESTED PERSONALLY BUT USERS CLAIMING IT WORKS THANKS TO LuanTeles !!!
EDIT 4: TankiFrench FOUND A NICE TOOL TO CONVERT SIMPLE BOOTANIMATION ZIPS TO VIDEO BOOTANIMATION ZIPS. HERE YOU GO http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2651044

XDA Portal

Why use Video instead of set of pics?
Ans.
1. It will take less space in /system.
2. This can play the animation with steady fps doesn't matter the power of cpu. (Old bootanimations slow down the animation some times if cpu is not able to handle the animation)
3. At the End we can put any awesome video we like as bootanimation . f*ck yeah!

Requirements :
1. Rooted Phone
2. Android 4.4.x or 5.0.x(still need testing)

Procedure :
1(a). Download this bootanimation file for kitkat .
1(b). Download this bootanimation file for lollipop
2. Replace it with your bootanimation file from /system/bin.
3. Set 755(octal) permission (i.e rwx-rx-rx) to bootanimation file.
4. Download attached bootanimation.zip and modify it with your mp4 videos
Code:
Notice : Below attached bootanimation.zip is extracted from Moto E device.
It contains 2 mp4 files inside instead of 2 folder full with pics.
One mp4 is for main bootanimation and second mp4 video is for looping.
After using this method old type bootanimation may not work so make backup of your phone's bootanimation file and bootanimation zip.
5. At last push the modified bootanimation.zip in /system/media and overwrite and set 644(octal) permission (i.e rw-r-r) permission.

Video Tutorials by techdeisel (thnx bro )

YOU CAN ALSO JUST USE FOLLOWING ATTACHED BOOTANIMATION.ZIP IF YOU WANT MOTO E/G BOOTANIMATION.

Press Thanks if Worked . That's the least you can do for me

BOOTANIMATIONS

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________

1. Marvel vs DC bootanimation (at 48 fps)
Note : The original method of bootanimation takes whooping 41 MB space but with this method only 7.13 MB
DOWNLOAD

Preview(30 fps):

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________

2. DROID (Don't exactly know which phone model )
DOWNLOAD

Preview

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________

3. Watch Dogs/ctOS bootanimation
DOWNLOAD

Preview
Not Available right now . I will upload when i get to my laptop.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	droid.gif
Views:	68944
Size:	6.00 MB
ID:	3009640  
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (866.1 KB, 14115 views)
File Type: zip marvel_dc_48fps_bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.13 MB, 9512 views)
File Type: zip droid_bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.70 MB, 5942 views)
The Following 123 Users Say Thank You to devilex94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devilex94 Ad-Free

23rd October 2014, 12:45 PM |#2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 43,879

Donate to Me
More
Hmm very interesting find, I'll give it a go in a little bit. Traveling right now.

Thank you!

DJ
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
23rd October 2014, 01:24 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilex94

Press Thanks if Worked . That's the least you can do for me

Pressing thanks anyway, just because it's an awesome idea. I'm trying it out right now!

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Didn't work on my Xperia Z, running stock KitKat. Shame..
23rd October 2014, 03:18 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Pressing thanks anyway, just because it's an awesome idea. I'm trying it out right now!

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

You did everything correctly? like replacing the bootanimation file in /system/bin
The new bootanimation file is 25.27 KB (25872 Bytes) in size.
Check if it is properly replaced
and did you set the permission properly?
And how you know it didnt worked i mean what was the result?
The Following User Says Thank You to devilex94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devilex94 Ad-Free
23rd October 2014, 03:33 PM |#5  
Quote:

You did everything correctly? like replacing the bootanimation file in /system/bin
The new bootanimation file is 25.27 KB (25872 Bytes) in size.
Check if it is properly replaced
and did you set the permission properly?
And how you know it didnt worked i mean what was the result?

Everything was replaced that needed to be replaced and permissions were set. But no video boot animation..or any boot animation at all. All I get is a blank screen while Android loads up.

I'm getting a different size for the bootanimation file. I've downloaded it again and it's definitely 37.4 KB, not 25.27....
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
23rd October 2014, 03:42 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Sorry i gave link to my phone's bootanimation file :P redownload the file. i uploaded the correct one
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devilex94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devilex94 Ad-Free
23rd October 2014, 04:15 PM |#7  
Quote:

Sorry i gave link to my phone's bootanimation file :P redownload the file. i uploaded the correct one

Easy enough to do..

Downloaded the new file, stuck into the flashable zip I made, flashed and....now my Sony phone is advertising Motorola! Very nice!

There's about a second of delay before the video loads and starts playing but that may have been my imagination. Hardly an issue anyway.

Now I just need to find a suitable video I can use. Hmm....

My flashable zip is attached. It uses the Universal Flashing Tool, so it makes a flashable backup file of the files it replaces. However, the UFT doesn't work on every rom...

So I've attached a 'standard' flashable zip as well.

I've made a folder on my Mediafire account with some flashable zips for this. Have a look at my post later in the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=91
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
23rd October 2014, 05:39 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
So it worked . Glad to know. Thanks to inform my mistake
And please share your bootanimations you made here too. I will also want to try your bootanimations
21st November 2014, 09:08 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 149

Donate to Me
More
Ever going to work on Lollipop? Have you looked at the new code in Moto X's Lollipop update?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to LeJolly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LeJolly Ad-Free
21st November 2014, 09:13 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Smile Thanks a lot
Any chances of a video tutorial for noobs like me?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4djes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 4djes Ad-Free
21st November 2014, 09:15 PM |#11  
Flag Serres
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Thumbs up
Works perfectly on sony z1
Good job
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)