FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[GUIDE]Set Video as bootanimation(Testers needed!)

366 posts
Thanks Meter: 427

By devilex94, Senior Member on 23rd October 2014, 01:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th January 2017, 02:52 AM |#291  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
all links are dead please update them.

4th February 2017, 06:01 PM |#292  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
This doesn't work with Marshmallow. Any updated binary file to fix this?
4th March 2017, 03:40 AM |#293  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I had a working bootanimation.zip on Marshmallow and now I´m using Nougat 7.1.1 from Resurrection Remix and tried to use my custom boot animation and it doesn´t work... anyone know if Nougat doesn´t support mp4 animations?
The Following User Says Thank You to rickrvo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rickrvo Ad-Free
30th April 2017, 03:10 AM |#294  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Anybody know if there is a way to setup Android Marshmallow with video boot yet?
21st June 2017, 05:00 PM |#295  
Flag Norwich
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Google Drive link for lollipop still dead

is this file available anywhere else?
21st June 2017, 06:25 PM |#296  
Thanks Meter: 3,049

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanspida

Google Drive link for lollipop still dead

is this file available anywhere else?

Hi,

Here

https://www.mediafire.com/download/c70gld87ldcb9hk
The Following User Says Thank You to edzamber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edzamber Ad-Free
6th July 2017, 05:05 PM |#297  
Flag Norwich
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edzamber

Hi,

Here

https://www.mediafire.com/download/c70gld87ldcb9hk

Thanks for that. Will try it out over the weekend
The Following User Says Thank You to humanspida For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift humanspida Ad-Free
19th July 2017, 08:42 PM |#298  
Flag Greenfield Park
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Does anyone have a binary for Nougat? I don't want to download a multi-GB factory image only for a single binary.
22nd August 2017, 07:39 PM |#299  
Thanks Meter: 416

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pow_2k

BTW, does anyone happen to have the audio file (I assume there is one) that would go with the droid_bootanimation.zip available in the first post? I guess I also need tips on how to make the sound work on my Motorola XT926M. As a test I took the original /system/media/droidpu.ogg that is referenced by the stock animation and copied it to /system/media/audio/ui/PowerOn.ogg (checking permissions) that got sound working for FatZombie, but no joy for me. Unless I need to drop the .ogg extension, which I would think odd as all the other audio files in the path have that extension. I perused the bootanimation binary with a hex editor and while I found reference to the /system/media/bootanimation.zip I couldn't find any reference to PowerOn.ogg. I'm not sure if maybe we need to add something into videodesc.txt the same way sounds were referenced in the original desc.txt? Anyone have insight?

I could not get PowerOn.ogg to play on my phone either!
19th September 2017, 06:28 PM |#300  
Flag Caracas
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Hi! I've extracted the bootanimation binary file from Moto E4 system image (Android 7.1.1) and it's working on my Moto E2 with LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2). I can use video files as bootanimation (I've used the Hello Moto bootanimation from the same Moto E4 system image). You can download and test it. The .zip file will backup your old bootanimation binary and copy the new one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation_binary.zip - [Click for QR Code] (186.3 KB, 54 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to nickleby For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nickleby Ad-Free
6th October 2017, 03:38 PM |#301  
Flag Alleppey
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickleby

Hi! I've extracted the bootanimation binary file from Moto E4 system image (Android 7.1.1) and it's working on my Moto E2 with LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2). I can use video files as bootanimation (I've used the Hello Moto bootanimation from the same Moto E4 system image). You can download and test it. The .zip file will backup your old bootanimation binary and copy the new one.

Thanks! Working on my Moto e with LOS 14.1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)