FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to Recompile APKs the right way?

153 posts
Thanks Meter: 21
 
By DaRdamnDoG, Senior Member on 21st December 2018, 12:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Dear forum readers, geeks & developers,

I have been trying to seek for that one thread that could solve my issue which the title said it all. I have followed many guides & use multiple different tools, both on device & PC but to no success. Most of the threads would just say; "recompile after finished editing whatever you want". But that's definitely not the proper way. Some guides there were hints of keeping/replacing the Manifest.xml & META-INF folder, yes I kept it somewhere else & replace it just before I want to recompile, no it didn't work too.
One of the guides said decompile the APK, copy the *_src folder somewhere else & recompile it back right away, edit the copied _src folder & edit whatever you want. After editing, open/view the recompiled APK as zip & drag/drop the files you edited, yes it was recompiled successfully but when I apply it to the device it FC right away & were unable to boot up although I wiped Dalvik and Art Cache. One more example was, instead of replacing the edited files, this guide replaced the META-INF & Manifest.xml. The problem was I can't even get it to recompile successfully.

Something could be really wrong with me, my PC or my device, if only some generous kind soul would spare some knowledge to help this poor soul I would appreciate it very much, thank you for whoever spared the time for reading this, I hope my noobness made your day.

Cheers all,
- Merry Xmas &
A Happy New Year
The Following User Says Thank You to DaRdamnDoG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaRdamnDoG Ad-Free
 
 
12th January 2019, 05:45 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRdamnDoG

Dear forum readers, geeks & developers,

I have been trying to seek for that one thread that could solve my issue which the title said it all. I have followed many guides & use multiple different tools, both on device & PC but to no success. Most of the threads would just say; "recompile after finished editing whatever you want". But that's definitely not the proper way. Some guides there were hints of keeping/replacing the Manifest.xml & META-INF folder, yes I kept it somewhere else & replace it just before I want to recompile, no it didn't work too.
One of the guides said decompile the APK, copy the *_src folder somewhere else & recompile it back right away, edit the copied _src folder & edit whatever you want. After editing, open/view the recompiled APK as zip & drag/drop the files you edited, yes it was recompiled successfully but when I apply it to the device it FC right away & were unable to boot up although I wiped Dalvik and Art Cache. One more example was, instead of replacing the edited files, this guide replaced the META-INF & Manifest.xml. The problem was I can't even get it to recompile successfully.

Something could be really wrong with me, my PC or my device, if only some generous kind soul would spare some knowledge to help this poor soul I would appreciate it very much, thank you for whoever spared the time for reading this, I hope my noobness made your day.

Cheers all,
- Merry Xmas &
A Happy New Year

Are you still having issues with this? If so can I suggest using my decompiling tool Tickle My Android? The link's in my signature.

Yes, I'm advertising my work but I also think it could help so..
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
14th January 2019, 04:27 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Are you still having issues with this? If so can I suggest using my decompiling tool Tickle My Android? The link's in my signature.

Yes, I'm advertising my work but I also think it could help so..

Well, you're back in business! I was letting you finished off your "Xmas & new year's off" with your 3 sons. I was trying to venture into Linux, hoping it would be more convenient to get tools & because it's free! However, I was wrong. 2 weeks later I am still installing/testing out different distributions. I have kinda abandoned my device most of the time now, unless you fix Toad & deodex my rom i wont be motivated to do anything


P/S: Im not even bothered of you advertising. Google is the main advertiser here, the main mastermind of Android.
The guides & tutorials needs a spring clean too.
The Following User Says Thank You to DaRdamnDoG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaRdamnDoG Ad-Free
15th January 2019, 01:58 AM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRdamnDoG

Well, you're back in business! I was letting you finished off your "Xmas & new year's off" with your 3 sons. I was trying to venture into Linux, hoping it would be more convenient to get tools & because it's free! However, I was wrong. 2 weeks later I am still installing/testing out different distributions. I have kinda abandoned my device most of the time now, unless you fix Toad & deodex my rom i wont be motivated to do anything


P/S: Im not even bothered of you advertising. Google is the main advertiser here, the main mastermind of Android.
The guides & tutorials needs a spring clean too.

Things are still really busy at work so I'm not back to normal right now. But I'm trying to get as much done here as I can.

I don't know enough about Linux really - I just don't have the time or a free PC to play with so I can work it out. Which is a shame as it'd be great for modifying Android.

I did reply to your post on the TOAD thread though. You said about moving apps away and I asked for more clarity about what you were moving and how.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes