FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Recommended platform for Repair-Rig

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By jesperhla, Junior Member on 18th March 2018, 12:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Dear Xda community,
For the past 4-5 year i've been using my private desktop for all flashing, custom and troubleshooting purposes, and the overflow of appz, roms and so is now overcrowding my private non-phone related space.
I've therefor decided to dedicate a desktop for the sole purpose of "phone/tab repair". I found an old Atom D2550 ITX rig in my basement, with 4 gigz of Ram, i thought that would so fine since its a compact size and not being used anyway. Unfortunatly this Rig runs on a primary 30Gig SSD drive and a secondary 500gb 5400 RPM drive. Which has led me to the following Dilema.
Given the primary SSD drives space (30gb), which OS should i run on the platform? Windows 7(pro) or Windows 10(pro)? The windows 7 footprint is around 16 Gb which leaves me with around 14 gigz for flashing/rootings tools and so. By my judgement that more than fine, as i can have all roms and others on my secondary 500gb drive.
I havnt checked yet the footprint of Windows 10, but surely it must be greater than the 16 gigz from windows 7.
Second issue, is that i have been using windows 10 on my other rig, and i'm unsure off any compatibility software issues my tools would have with windows 7...

So in short, my questions are:
In terms of software compatibility (flashtool, adb and so on) would Windows 7 or 10 be the better option? And any advantage running 32 or 64bit?

Thanks in advance!

Yesterday, 04:35 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I heard one said 64-bit adb or fastboot would have problems dealing with files larger than 4GB. But I don't know if it's true.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)