FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Help running this command on adb?

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By thumbtwists, Junior Member on 26th July 2016, 01:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I saw a post on reddit about sanitizing an android device but I was wondering how I could execute the command? I managed to root my device but I'm at a loss as to how to execute it. Through adb? But it doesn't seem to be a valid command.

Help is much appreciated.

The script is:
Code:
cd /data; for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9; do cat /dev/urandom > $i; rm $i; done

27th July 2016, 10:58 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbtwists

I saw a post on reddit about sanitizing an android device but I was wondering how I could execute the command? I managed to root my device but I'm at a loss as to how to execute it. Through adb? But it doesn't seem to be a valid command.

Help is much appreciated.

The script is:

Do you know what these commands are supposed to do?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact using XDA Labs
28th July 2016, 11:53 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Do you know what these commands are supposed to do?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact using XDA Labs

Yeah, the poster described it as:
"That will perform a deletion of free space that is superior to "military grade", and unlike some proprietary app, I know exactly what it's doing.
PS. In case you can't read it- It loops 10 times. Each loop it creates a file, starting with the file name "/data/0". It fills that file with random information and will stop when the storage area is full. All freespace will have been consumed by the random information in that file. Then immediately delete the file, and the space will be free again, and the freespace will be random information. Repeat this process 9 more times with file names "1", "2", "3", and so on..."
The Following User Says Thank You to thumbtwists For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thumbtwists Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)