By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 5th November 2014, 04:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th July 2017, 04:34 PM |#611  
Flag Milano / Vienna
Thanks Meter: 375

More
I solved with a magic

Code:
    <PreferenceScreen android:enabled="false" android:title="" android:summary="">
	<ListPreference android:enabled="false" android:entries="@array/timedetail_entries" android:title="@string/timedetail_title" android:key="status_bar_time_detail" android:entryValues="@array/timedetail_entries_values" />
	<CheckBoxPreference android:enabled="false" android:title="@string/switch_signal_wifi_icon" android:key="switch_signal_wifi_icon" android:defaultValue="false" android:summaryOn="@string/checkbox_on" android:summaryOff="@string/checkbox_off" />
	<CheckBoxPreference android:enabled="false" android:title="@string/statusbar_show_lunar" android:key="statusbar_show_lunar" android:defaultValue="true" android:summaryOn="@string/checkbox_on" android:summaryOff="@string/checkbox_off" />
    </PreferenceScreen>
3 lines in one

With no title and summary ("") ... all blank ... unselectable

It isn't the Solution, but an acceptable solution.

We hide the dust under the carpet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-07-06-17-21-10.png
Views:	116
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	4203404  
The Following User Says Thank You to millo1978 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift millo1978 Ad-Free

8th July 2017, 06:47 PM |#612  
Quote:
Originally Posted by millo1978

I solved with a magic

3 lines in one

With no title and summary ("") ... all blank ... unselectable

It isn't the Solution, but an acceptable solution.

We hide the dust under the carpet

Hey, as long as it works, that's all that matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronzeApps

Pretty awesome stuff, thanks

I know you're only saying that so you could get over 10 posts then make a post advertising your app...but I appreciate it anyway.

Sent from my Sony Xperia XA1 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
21st July 2017, 08:18 AM |#613  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
hey, i stumbled upon this post in hopes someone can help me. im running a custom firmware on my galaxy note 5 (N920P) and with this custom rom the data icons are incorrect and i wanna change them to the respective icons or even a different data icon. clearly i cant change the files because theyre in a .spr fomat. so im guessing there is something in an xml file that can help me with this. so can anyone assist me?
21st July 2017, 11:03 PM |#614  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenzoSRx

hey, i stumbled upon this post in hopes someone can help me. im running a custom firmware on my galaxy note 5 (N920P) and with this custom rom the data icons are incorrect and i wanna change them to the respective icons or even a different data icon. clearly i cant change the files because theyre in a .spr fomat. so im guessing there is something in an xml file that can help me with this. so can anyone assist me?

I did a little bit of research on this. The only decent mention of SPR files I could find said that Half-Life used them for sprites. Which makes sense for an image file although why somebody would use them in a rom I've no idea..

You could try downloading a utility to modify them but I personally suggest just deleting them and replacing them with PNG files with the same filename. In theory that should work but it's worth backing up your rom first just in case.

22nd July 2017, 12:02 AM |#615  
Flag Kingston

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

I did a little bit of research on this. The only decent mention of SPR files I could find said that Half-Life used them for sprites. Which makes sense for an image file although why somebody would use them in a rom I've no idea..

You could try downloading a utility to modify them but I personally suggest just deleting them and replacing them with PNG files with the same filename. In theory that should work but it's worth backing up your rom first just in case.

so which xml file is responsible for showing the data icon
22nd July 2017, 12:41 AM |#616  
Quote:

so which xml file is res[ponsible for showing the data icon

I've no idea, I don't have your rom. It's probably in signal_cluster.xml.

That usually shows the icon but, if you want to change what the icon looks like, you'll need to change the actual icon file.

22nd July 2017, 01:29 AM |#617  
Flag Kingston

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I've no idea, I don't have your rom. It's probably in signal_cluster.xml.

That usually shows the icon but, if you want to change what the icon looks like, you'll need to change the actual icon file.

i want to change it to a different icon thats already in SystemUI.apk. the data icons are in res/drawable but they're in.spr so if i go into signal_cluster.xml what line would i change to show an icon thats in res/drawlable?
22nd July 2017, 06:43 AM |#618  
Quote:

i want to change it to a different icon thats already in SystemUI.apk. the data icons are in res/drawable but they're in.spr so if i go into signal_cluster.xml what line would i change to show an icon thats in res/drawlable?

Quote:

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
center, clock, statusbar, tutorial, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)