XML 101 - XML Modding Made Easy!

6,708 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,549

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 5th November 2014, 05:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th January 2020, 01:00 PM |#691  
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanMirza01

well, i can unpack all of them, and yes for MIUI, we need to add miui.apk, miuisystem.apk with both framework apks, one more question, before this, one of our dev enabled dual status bar without adding any option in settings and without modding any framework file, he just provided us miuisystemui.apk file which was doing all job and notification icons were kinda big too in that... but now he left support, so now a russian dev doing all this with adding enable/disable button for dual status bar in settings...

Can you tell me if i have to change any dip size for icons or i have to use "fill_parent" instead of "wrap_contents" like that stuff ?? i tried to modify 2 settings related to dip in res/layout but they didn't affect icons... i have no idea how to check or see name/resource id of those notification icons... any other file you need ??

i found this media_notification_icon_size has difference of 2dip w.r.t original icons framework file... is this the culprit ??

<dimen name="status_bar_height_portrait">24.0dip</dimen>
<dimen name="status_bar_icon_size">24.0dip</dimen>
<dimen name="status_bar_system_icon_intrinsic_size">17.0d ip</dimen>
<dimen name="status_bar_system_icon_size">15.0dip</dimen>
<dimen name="subtitle_corner_radius">2.0dip</dimen>

the original framework just has 1st and 2nd line with 32.3dip and same icons size in 2nd line... i think last 3 lines are for 2nd status bar aka dual status bar and 2nd one is size of icons and statusbar, am right ?? gonna change them...

Without having your device and rom to play with, all I can suggest is experimenting with changing different values and seeing what happens.
In stock Android the notification icon height is set in dimens.xml inside framework-res.apk, if I remember correctly. In your rom I'd hope it'd be something similar.
9th January 2020, 01:42 PM |#692  
Flag Jhelum
Thanks Meter: 6,352

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Without having your device and rom to play with, all I can suggest is experimenting with changing different values and seeing what happens.
In stock Android the notification icon height is set in dimens.xml inside framework-res.apk, if I remember correctly. In your rom I'd hope it'd be something similar.

i would investigate that file then... and compare it will stock one...

last question, how that dev able to do things i want just by modifying systemui.apk ?? icons were fine too, he used frame_layout as i saw his editings...
9th January 2020, 03:37 PM |#693  
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanMirza01

i would investigate that file then... and compare it will stock one...

last question, how that dev able to do things i want just by modifying systemui.apk ?? icons were fine too, he used frame_layout as i saw his editings...

Possibly by following a tutorial like this one by @FunSucker: https://forum.xda-developers.com/cro...extra-t3503422
The Following User Says Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
center, clock, statusbar, tutorial, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)