Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

3000mAh battery mod [Lg g2 battery]

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By 234herobrine432, Junior Member on 4th August 2017, 02:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I bought a new Lg g2 battery from Amazon because my sot was really short. You guys know the problem with those too fat batterys, so I ordered one that seemed to be flat.

I got a thick one seen here http://tanstartrade.ca/images/LG%20BL-T7.jpg

Okay, I thought, well then i don't have wireless charging ans NFC

But when i removed the layer on the battery, this is what i found: http://imgur.com/a/XJyJm

Cool I thought, that's just a piece of plastic that can be removed. My battery is now flat as it should be and you can do the same, if you still rock a Nexus 5, love this phone so much!
The Following User Says Thank You to 234herobrine432 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 234herobrine432 Ad-Free

7th August 2017, 09:27 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
awsm man...can u tell me the procedure for this mod..nd the link for battery...
12th August 2017, 02:15 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riThviK995871

awsm man...can u tell me the procedure for this mod..nd the link for battery...

There are a lot of tutorials And i think you can buy every battery you want, search on Amazon. I just found out that every battery is flat.
25th August 2017, 11:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Sorry, but I am confused... It seems two different mods exists: 1. LG G2 FLAT battery, no hacks needed. 2. LG G2 standard battery, hacks needed.
Could anyone please cast light on the 1. mod? I mean, where to purchase this kind of battery and so on.
26th August 2017, 01:56 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xabivaz

Sorry, but I am confused... It seems two different mods exists: 1. LG G2 FLAT battery, no hacks needed. 2. LG G2 standard battery, hacks needed.
Could anyone please cast light on the 1. mod? I mean, where to purchase this kind of battery and so on.

That was my problem, i think the flat ones are fake. The thick ones have this plastic shield in in, by whatever reason. I managed to buy a flat one and it didn't work, the battery had very bad voltage, my phone turned off at 60%

The thick one is genuine i think. You just have to remove the sticker and plastic.
26th August 2017, 04:55 PM |#6  

More
Thanks for the info @234herobrine432 . So you think that if I buy this battery I will only have to peel the "bump" and the sticker and it *should* fit in my Nexus 5?
27th August 2017, 09:16 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Thanks for the info @234herobrine432 . So you think that if I buy this battery I will only have to peel the "bump" and the sticker and it *should* fit in my Nexus 5?

Yes! I think, technically it's not even possible to build a battery with that weird increase. And the "not fake" batteries fit better in the nexus 5 than the flat one I bought. You don't even have to dremel something.
7th September 2017, 10:19 PM |#8  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 135

More
did you test dat? those are awesome news brother, does taht actually work? do you managed to remove that plastic?

do it for science please
15th September 2017, 07:50 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I bought it
Quote:

I bought the battery today. So, in a month more or less I could provide some news about it. I feel confident cutting and soldering battery connectors but I don't plan to use a dremel on my loved nexus 5 Hopefully this battery plus some kernel optimizations would improve substantially battery life. Going from 2.300 to 3.000mAh should suppose +30% increase!!!

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 234herobrine432

I bought a new Lg g2 battery from Amazon because my sot was really short. You guys know the problem with those too fat batterys, so I ordered one that seemed to be flat.

I got a thick one seen here http://tanstartrade.ca/images/LG%20BL-T7.jpg

Okay, I thought, well then i don't have wireless charging ans NFC

But when i removed the layer on the battery, this is what i found: http://imgur.com/a/XJyJm

Cool I thought, that's just a piece of plastic that can be removed. My battery is now flat as it should be and you can do the same, if you still rock a Nexus 5, love this phone so much!

What is showed about battery capacity when used apps like accubattery or similar @234herobrine432 ?
16th September 2017, 09:18 PM |#10  
Flag Treviso
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've just bought one, hopefully it will be a good replacement for my old nexus original one!
18th September 2017, 04:54 PM |#11  

More
Please keep us updated!
Please keep us updated!!

It would be huge help for people on this forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlinaje

I bought the battery today. So, in a month more or less I could provide some news about it. I feel confident cutting and soldering battery connectors but I don't plan to use a dremel on my loved nexus 5 Hopefully this battery plus some kernel optimizations would improve substantially battery life. Going from 2.300 to 3.000mAh should suppose +30% increase!!!

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

What is showed about battery capacity when used apps like accubattery or similar @234herobrine432 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgallo

I've just bought one, hopefully it will be a good replacement for my old nexus original one!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)