FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Aliexpress - Share your experience!

1,363 posts
Thanks Meter: 328

By bushako, Senior Member on 14th March 2014, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, Before I start I just wanted to say I'm not in anyway affiliated with Aliexpress other than being a new user. I've made a few orders from this site and still waiting for them to arrive. However, I was curious to know what accessories you've bought and your experience with them. Would be nice for you to share with the me and the rest of the community. Also, with regards to delivery please mention when you made the purchase and received it, where you're situated, type of delivery, etc

As for me, I've made an order for 2 generic quicksand cases, a Nillkin Glass Screen Protector and a Slim port cable. I live in Dubai and chose the China Mail Service which was free but takes longer. Will probably let you guys know their product quality once I receive my items.

14th March 2014, 12:49 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I ordered case from them before. Also use the free China Mail option, package arrived at Malaysia after 1 month. So far so good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
20th March 2014, 10:43 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I live in Dubai too
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushako

Hey guys, Before I start I just wanted to say I'm not in anyway affiliated with Aliexpress other than being a new user. I've made a few orders from this site and still waiting for them to arrive. However, I was curious to know what accessories you've bought and your experience with them. Would be nice for you to share with the me and the rest of the community. Also, with regards to delivery please mention when you made the purchase and received it, where you're situated, type of delivery, etc

As for me, I've made an order for 2 generic quicksand cases, a Nillkin Glass Screen Protector and a Slim port cable. I live in Dubai and chose the China Mail Service which was free but takes longer. Will probably let you guys know their product quality once I receive my items.

For which phone did you order your Nillkin Glass ? I also am looking into getting the Nillkin glass screen protector for my Note 3 from a seller in China on ebay.
I am not sure if I should order it as the waiting time is way too long. I heard it takes almost 25-30 days to get the package delivered to Dubai via China Post mail service. I'm worried about damage to the items as well. Do let me know when you get it and how's the condition especially of the glass :P. By that time, I'll stick with the UAG screen protector :P
Cheers.
20th March 2014, 01:01 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Do they accept paypal?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
20th March 2014, 01:07 PM |#5  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjersey

Do they accept paypal?

Nope.
20th March 2014, 01:49 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjersey

Do they accept paypal?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

On ebay they do. And I have found on ebay whatever there is on sites like Aliexpress & Souq.com.
Infact, you can get it on ebay on a pretty lower price like Ali-express but just research a bit and get in contact with the seller before making any purchase.
20th March 2014, 03:26 PM |#7  
Flag San Antonio TX
Thanks Meter: 1,120

More
I have bought the aluminum bumper on aliexpress. Paid for expedited shipping, which meant the shiptimes were cut from about 1month to 1 week, which was awesome for 5 bux IMO. Similar to ebay. Tracks your purchases and asks for feedback on the seller. I'd buy again from Ali depending on what it is.
20th March 2014, 03:42 PM |#8  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 1,063

More
I've had no problems with Aliexpress. If I can find the same thing on ebay, I'll get it from there instead as it tends to be cheaper. Shipping times are pretty much the same to Canada, so if it's not on ebay and Aliexpress carries it, I'll order from there.
20th March 2014, 03:57 PM |#9  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 27

More
It seems like an eBay-esque site. I ordered a replica Nexus 5 Bumper case, just waiting for it to arrive now. The China Post tracking isn't the best.
20th March 2014, 08:16 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FahadHassan

For which phone did you order your Nillkin Glass ? I also am looking into getting the Nillkin glass screen protector for my Note 3 from a seller in China on ebay.
I am not sure if I should order it as the waiting time is way too long. I heard it takes almost 25-30 days to get the package delivered to Dubai via China Post mail service. I'm worried about damage to the items as well. Do let me know when you get it and how's the condition especially of the glass :P. By that time, I'll stick with the UAG screen protector :P
Cheers.

Oh the Nillkin is for my beloved and pristine Nexus 5😁 although its true the waiting period is pretty long. I've never ordered from Ali express before but I have made orders directly from other merchants in China. It usually takes an average of 3weeks to get the item here in Dubai. Will update once I've received the items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FahadHassan

On ebay they do. And I have found on ebay whatever there is on sites like Aliexpress & Souq.com.
Infact, you can get it on ebay on a pretty lower price like Ali-express but just research a bit and get in contact with the seller before making any purchase.

I usually sell stuff on Souq.com but only because I can get more value for my item. I actually sold a Nexus 5 32gb d820 for 626$ twice! But yea you don't always find what you're looking for and when you do its pretty expensive. I found a Diztronic case on souq, the only one, for around 30$ where as on Amazon its sold for like 10$. Only problem I have with eBay is Paypal. So it sucks.
20th March 2014, 08:22 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmBACON

I've had no problems with Aliexpress. If I can find the same thing on ebay, I'll get it from there instead as it tends to be cheaper. Shipping times are pretty much the same to Canada, so if it's not on ebay and Aliexpress carries it, I'll order from there.

Ever used Dhgate? Their services seem to be identical to Aliexpress.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)