By mmmmBACON, Senior Member on 10th March 2014, 01:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th March 2014, 11:09 AM |#11  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCreazy

Is it just me or is the Q8 a lot more expensive now?

Here it is for $15.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-B...520655178.html
The Following User Says Thank You to dehsA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dehsA Ad-Free

10th March 2014, 01:17 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 1,063

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dehsA

Do you happen to have a Nexus 4 you can use to test with these chargers?

No sorry, I don't have a Nexus 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCreazy

Is it just me or is the Q8 a lot more expensive now?

Yeah that seller upped the price quite a bit. I've replaced it with a different seller (who has a better rating as well). It's currently $13.50.
10th March 2014, 03:48 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Great review. I have the puck charger and I didn't even realize that other chargers were more forgiving about the placement. It works fine for me and my Nexus 5, but my wife has a Nexus 4 that needs to be placed off center and it's very picky with that phone. The version I have has a loud annoying beep every time it starts charging which is my main complaint about this charger. Has anyone successfully taken one of these apart to disable the speaker? I've wanted to take it apart, but there's no obvious way to get it apart without possibly breaking open the housing.
The Following User Says Thank You to fooznugget For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fooznugget Ad-Free
10th March 2014, 05:21 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Anyone found q8 charger on ebay or somewhere where pp is accepted...?
10th March 2014, 05:46 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT

Would you be willing to compare these chargers against a name brand one. You can grab a nokia dt900 for about $12.50 these days...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I haven't seen them for that cheap since AT&T had a sale a few months back. Where are you seeing them for that price?
10th March 2014, 09:52 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 198

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteotom

Which one has the smallest insides? I want to buy one to take apart and embed in something (probably my desk).

You can just buy the barebone module. Although oddly enough, they can be cheaper in a case (a quick look on dealextreme shows up to $17.62).
10th March 2014, 10:51 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 1,063

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooznugget

Great review. I have the puck charger and I didn't even realize that other chargers were more forgiving about the placement. It works fine for me and my Nexus 5, but my wife has a Nexus 4 that needs to be placed off center and it's very picky with that phone. The version I have has a loud annoying beep every time it starts charging which is my main complaint about this charger. Has anyone successfully taken one of these apart to disable the speaker? I've wanted to take it apart, but there's no obvious way to get it apart without possibly breaking open the housing.

Yeah, the puck charger can be a bit picky sometimes, which is what I wasn't the biggest fan of. It might just be the way the casing is that's causing it, who knows.

You can get into the puck charger pretty easily actually. If you peel off the rubber ring on the top, you will expose the screws that hold the housing together.
10th March 2014, 11:00 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
How does that compare to non-cheap chargers? Are there any charging numbers on those?

Also how safe would be charging N5 constantly with this? I guess there are safety standards in place, but how obedient are those chinese manufacturers?
11th March 2014, 02:17 AM |#19  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 136

More
I would love if you could test the charging distance of those as I'm trying to integrate a cheap wireless charger into my nightstand and wonder how much wood I can get away with having between the charger and the phone.
11th March 2014, 02:24 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I bought the tilted charger last night. I'm hoping it works better than the LG puck I gave to my father. Just hoping I can set the phone and forget about it. I always had to make sure my N4 was placed properly before walking away when I had the puck.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
11th March 2014, 02:27 AM |#21  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 385

More
Just bought one of the qi chargers you tested, the first one. Hope it works well. Didn't really know if I wanted one but what the heck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
budget, charger, nexus, qi charger, wireless

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)