Bumper case clone

Search This thread

prophet of doom

Aug 25, 2010
St. Albans WV
I ordered the red one from amazon. They said I should get it between 2/15-3/15 lol talk about the slow boat from China !

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Froid

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere
Lol..I started laughing when I saw my shipping date. Kind of hoping, like everything else I order from amazon, it just shows up two days later like magic

Last edited:

playa_

Dec 20, 2013
Have had one for a few days now off eBay.

Knew it was obviously fake due to price but thought I'd try it out anyway (packaging was fantastic lol, taped up Google box)

The sides of the case come in on an angle towards the phone, not sure if it's like that on official model. Buttons are literally 1-1.5mm in height so pressing them is impossible.

Apart from those defects, the case fits great

ralphwiggum1

Feb 3, 2009

Knew it was obviously fake due to price but thought I'd try it out anyway (packaging was fantastic lol, taped up Google box)

The sides of the case come in on an angle towards the phone, not sure if it's like that on official model. Buttons are literally 1-1.5mm in height so pressing them is impossible.

Sounds the same as the official case.

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere

Thanks for the info. Wouldn't be surprised if they are exact replicas of the original with maybe some color variations...And I noticed the taped up Google packaging on one of the eBay listings..lol

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
I'd be a bit worried. Google couldn't even get the case right with it's early degradation problems. Maybe this will be a case of the knock off being superior to the real thing? I'd have my doubts though.

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
How much are you guys getting these? On eBay they're 22 and amazon 18? A bit expensive for a clone isn't it?

Sent from my white LG Nexus 5

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere
Amazon was knocking another $5 off at checkout. I do think that's still expensive considering you can get a tpu case for a couple bucks, but when comparing to what Google's charging, its a decent deal if the quality is the same or better.

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere
Just received the black case. It came in a legit Google package that didn't look to be tampered with. Only issue being the packaging is for a gray case. The case fits like a glove and quality seems alright. The color is uniform throughout, unlike the two toned look of the Google bumper. Overall I'm satisfied..

9e5yha2e.jpg

ujupemev.jpg

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Shenit did the replica Nexus 4 bumpers as well so they're not genuine Google just a very good replica

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere
Yeah looks like they're not selling on Amazon anymore(or for now)..You can still find them on eBay, but gonna pay a bit more.

Top Liked Posts