Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Chinese battery cases

6,390 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,041

By acejavelin, Recognized Contributor on 9th July 2017, 02:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anybody try any of the ~$15 battery cases on eBay from China? About 10 listings pop-up without trying, but all seem to be the same, from the description anyway... Just seems like for the money if it even extends battery life 50% it is a bargain.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3800mAh-Port...5/182408839882

100% brand new, high quality
Suitable for: For LG Google Nexus 5
Capacity: 3800mAh
Input: 5V / 500mA
Output: 5V / 800mA
Color: Black

Feature:
It can stand up
Charging/sync, simply plug in the usb turn micro usb to the micro usb female dock, connect the usb to a powered usb equipment or computer.
Compatible Perfect with new For LG Google Nexus 5

Package:
1 x 3800mAh external battery case For LG Google Nexus 5

EDIT: eh, it was $14 so went ahead and ordered one, will report back in a few weeks.

19th July 2017, 07:02 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Very interested in hearing back about this. Bought a new phone for Dad so I am going to reuse his old nexus 5 as a second phone. Will try to pimp it out and the first thing I need is exactly this. Been researching on "larger batteries" (all fake lol) but I believe this is the next best thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tivaldi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tivaldi Ad-Free
24th November 2017, 10:06 AM |#3  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Any news on this? Seem very interesting. Will also buy a new battery, but this will be better than the LG G2 battery mod.
24th November 2017, 01:35 PM |#4  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 3,041

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleischbanane

Any news on this? Seem very interesting. Will also buy a new battery, but this will be better than the LG G2 battery mod.

Sorry... Forgot about this thread. The battery case worked fine although I didn't get to test it much as I sold the phone and case a couple weeks later to a guy in rough spot for next to nothing. He is still using it a few months later with no problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to acejavelin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift acejavelin Ad-Free
14th December 2017, 05:45 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I got one of this and I rather use power bank to charge it
Cons:
Little to no protection on the phone, I have to cut a rubber case in order to use it
No pass-through charging. The case itself will NOT charge when your phone is in the case. At the end, you got 100% on your phone but 0% in the case, even you have already plugged in. So if you need to charge both devices, you have to take them apart and charge them seperately.
Slow charge rate, the case charges N5 slow when you are using it at the same time, so the juice perecentage will probably still drop, but slower.
Heat. This thing is warm or even hot when operating under heavy usage. With its build quality, I did worry about something bad could happen.

Comment:
It is not so good and the build quality is also average. But since it is the only battery case that we can buy after 3 years, it is still useful as a backup battery. Just don't use the phone heavily on the go when the case is chaging your phone. (That's why I switched back to power bankā€¦)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)