Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Which Headphones Do Y'all Use?

4,351 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,528

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello Guys!

I don't like to type long topics :P So I'll get straight to the point...
As the topic title says, which headphones are y'all currently using with your beloved Nexus 5?

I'm currently using the Sennheiser Street II cx-180 (I know it's pretty old) with my beast!
Planning on upgrading my headphones, so any suggestions are welcome!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vin4yak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vin4yak Ad-Free

17th February 2014, 05:19 PM |#2  
Flag Fort Collins
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
669 639829
Jaybird Bluebuds X

Pricey, sure. Still, best wireless earbuds I've tried.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to toddmacmac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift toddmacmac Ad-Free
17th February 2014, 05:26 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
Well...nobody is going to belive me...but i use the stock headphones that came with my nexus 5...some LG ones..

Yes i had headphones in the box..

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PLEEZEFRAGME For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PLEEZEFRAGME Ad-Free
17th February 2014, 05:37 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,528

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLEEZEFRAGME

Well...nobody is going to belive me...but i use the stock headphones that came with my nexus 5...some LG ones..

Yes i had headphones in the box..

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Yeah! My nexus came with headphones as well! But they are really not up to the mark :P However I like the fact that they came with mic/call button as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmacmac

Jaybird Bluebuds X

Pricey, sure. Still, wireless earbuds I've tried.

Those sure look deadly!
17th February 2014, 05:46 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Is anyone tried Munitio NINES BLK : Tactical 9mm earphones with 3-Button mic. ?

17th February 2014, 05:53 PM |#6  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 1,063

More
I use 3 pairs:

At home I use a pair of black Audio Technica ATH-M50s. A set of the most accurate and crisp sounding headphones I've ever used. Probably the best sounding pair of headphones you can get in the under $200 category.

When I'm out and about, I use a pair of white Audio Technica ATH-ES7s (discontinued ). The sound is crisp, but has a bit more of a punchier bass. Still crisp, just a tiny bit more lively in sound.

At the gym I use JVC HA-FX3X earbuds. Clean sounding, but with a good bass kick. Slightly more saturated bass, but doesn't sacrifice mids and highs, and I like that extra kick in the ass at the gym.

For the most part I go for headphones that provide a sound which is accurate, clean, and crisp. I'm not a fan of headphones like Beats, that just emphasize bass and murder the rest of the sound... Have dead mids and highs and only focus on rattling your eardrums with lows.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mmmmBACON For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mmmmBACON Ad-Free
17th February 2014, 07:11 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I wouldn't use an over ear headphones with a phone.
You need an amp/dac to bring out the sound properly anyway. it makes no sense to use it with a phone. I would only ever use in-ear headphones with a phone.

I use Shure se215 SE with nexus 5 for mobile music. Ultrasone pro550 and a fiio E17 for workstation.
I would definitely recommend them both.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waris choy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift waris choy Ad-Free
17th February 2014, 07:35 PM |#8  
Flag Ulbølle
Thanks Meter: 85

More
For serious listening I use a pair of Sony MDR-XB500.. Got them for a third of the normal price, and they are amazing if you like bass.. For listening on the move I have a pair of Aiaiai Pipe, the version without the mic.
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Hamster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The_Hamster Ad-Free
17th February 2014, 07:41 PM |#9  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I'm using the RBH-EP2s. Solid built and great sound. Super comfortable as well.

https://rbhsound.com/ep2.php
17th February 2014, 07:42 PM |#10  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 1,063

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waris choy

I don't understand why anyone would actually use over ear headphones with a phone.
You need an amp/dac to bring out the sound properly anyway. it makes no sense to use it with a phone. I would only ever use in-ear headphones with a phone.

I use Shure se215 SE with nexus 5 for mobile music. Ultrasone pro550 and a fiio E17 for workstation.
I would definitely recommend them both.

Because you can clearly still hear a sound difference despite not using an amp/dac. Just because you don't get full powered sound without the boosters (depends on the headphones as well, the ES7s are very power friendly), does not mean you still don't get improvements from a better set of headphones.

I use my ATH-M50s with my home stereo system and PC, but if I plug them (or my ATH-ES7s) into my phone, I can still hear a clear improvement in sound quality over IEMs. Just because you don't believe it makes sense, or would never do it yourself, doesn't mean you are correct.
17th February 2014, 07:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmBACON

Because you can clearly still hear a sound difference despite not using an amp/dac. Just because you don't get full powered sound without the boosters, does not mean you still don't get improvements from a better set of headphones.

I use my ATH-M50s with my home stereo system and PC, but if I plug them (or my ATH-ES7s) into my phone, I can still hear a clear improvement in sound quality over IEMs. Just because you don't believe it makes sense, or would never do it yourself, doesn't mean you are correct.

I know. I understand where you are coming from. I just don't think that the bulk/ improvement trade off is worth it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
headphones, music, nexus 5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)