FORUMS

List of Battery Cases for Nexus 5

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By DC_Erok, Junior Member on 19th February 2014, 02:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I thought it might be good to list all our options in a single thread. It would be nice to list the pro's and cons of each. If you own any of these cases, please share your opinion. If your case is on its way or don't have any experience with a battery case, please refrain from posting.
  1. ZeroLemon - ZeroShock Rugged Black Battery Case + Removable 3500mAh Battery Pack
    http://zerolemon.com/product/zerolem...-battery-pack/
    Power Output: 1A – Enough electrical current to power through your phone while conserving original battery longevity
  2. Mugen Power - 3000mAh Battery Case for LG Nexus 5 [CC-Nexus5]
    http://mugen.co/mugen-power-3000mah-...g-nexus-5.html
    Not much info on site
  3. Limefuel - Black L28N5 2860mAh Google Nexus 5
    http://mylimeade.myshopify.com/produ...rotection-case
    Output: 5V/2A
  4. i-Blason - PowerGlider Rechargeable External Battery 2,500mAh
    http://www.i-blason.com/powerglider-...e-nexus-5.html
    Capacity: 2,500mAh = 1 full charge of Nexus 5 internal battery, Input: 5V/800mA, Output: 5V/500mA
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DC_Erok For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DC_Erok Ad-Free
19th February 2014, 05:10 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have the Lemon-Fuel case coming within the next days.
20th February 2014, 09:50 AM |#3  

More
I'm using the zerolemon case. Really good quality and very fit to my hand
23rd February 2014, 07:43 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothcrm7

I have the Lemon-Fuel case coming within the next days.

"If your case is on its way or don't have any experience with a battery case, please refrain from posting.". FAIL lol.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tonster1983 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tonster1983 Ad-Free
24th February 2014, 01:00 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Battery Full Powerglider
While zerolemon offers the largest capacity while being cheapest among the set
My choice is easily the powerglider because of case size: batteryCapacity ratio
24th February 2014, 02:06 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilton.charles

How long have you had your powerglide? I read reports that after 3-4 weeks people were having problems.
24th February 2014, 02:09 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Erok

How long have you had your powerglide? I read reports that after 3-4 weeks people were having problems?

now entering my 2nd week and thus far i have had no issues
25th February 2014, 12:44 AM |#8  
Flag Duluth
Thanks Meter: 193

More
Anyone use the limefuel?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
25th February 2014, 03:46 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
It would be great if we can put up a quick comparison table of all the 4 stating pros and cons, especially when it comes to size (dimensions), weight and performance/IO with recommendations. this will enable users to take a quick decision.
The Following User Says Thank You to aamber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aamber Ad-Free
25th February 2014, 05:39 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonster1983

"If your case is on its way or don't have any experience with a battery case, please refrain from posting.". FAIL lol.

Lol, I have used all versions of the morphie with the iPhone at work. Didn't realize I had to post my resume .

I got my limefuel case in ~2 days ago and have been using it pretty steadily. It adds not as much bulk as you would think and feels incredibly solid. No movement at all of the phone when it is in the case.

Turned the case on today around 30% battery. With light to medium use it charged it up to 90%.

Will post more info and pictures tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to Smoothcrm7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Smoothcrm7 Ad-Free
25th February 2014, 04:37 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilton.charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothcrm7

Lol, I have used all versions of the morphie with the iPhone at work. Didn't realize I had to post my resume .

I got my limefuel case in ~2 days ago and have been using it pretty steadily. It adds not as much bulk as you would think and feels incredibly solid. No movement at all of the phone when it is in the case.

Turned the case on today around 30% battery. With light to medium use it charged it up to 90%.

Will post more info and pictures tomorrow.

The thing is, we want to know your experience with the cases listed. We don't care about your experience with past cases. Thus saying the case is on its way doesn't add any value when we are trying to decide which case to buy.

I noticed the limefuel only has a 3 star rating on amazon which concerns me slightly. Is it easy to add / remove your phone? I would use this case when I won't have access for to a charger for vacations or days I am out and about. I can't see using it for an everyday case.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)