FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

POLARCELL replacement for BL-T9 (NO MOD) 2450mHa battery for Nexus 5

48 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By kocheko, Member on 19th June 2019, 01:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
First of all i know there is a similar post here https://forum.xda-developers.com/goo...nexus-t3905671

i buy the battery because of that post so believe me, im aware of... The battery is a brand new item from a german manufacturer of pollarcell goods (premium battery as they claim to be)

I order it at ebay for GBP 17.90 (US $23.28) but i had a 10 dollars coupon so i just had to pay 13 dollars plus free shipping. It took 9 days germany - argentina so WOW not bad, bad is the postal service here but anyway, after two months local shipping i got the battery; here:

and then i proceed to replace it (u can see i still had an original battery replacement (was excellent but after so long i can only get 3 nice hours of use)

so after all the waiting the battery wasnt working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing, was like no battery there at all, the bolt was gone as soon as i took the power cord away.
I had two options, send it back (and wait 3 or 4 more months with a battery that exponentially decrease its performance day after day) or open it and see what is going on with a small chance that if nothing is wrong i lose the 13 dollars because the warranty is gone...so guess what

those two metal plates have to make contact with each other so, after fixing that with some tape (i guess u can solder with tin also) now the battery works fine

now i will charge it fully and in a few days i will update with the performance in a regular day and sot test. Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kocheko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kocheko Ad-Free

19th June 2019, 10:06 AM |#2  
Flag Murcia
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Wow, i have my old Nexus 5 catching dust somewhere in mi home. This could be interesting. Thanks for the info mate. Will follow your updates.

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk
20th June 2019, 04:40 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
ok first update, 21:41 june 18, disconnected 100%, and last till 22:21 june 19 with 2% remaining, with no signal of sudden drops of charge or else. yes ok i have an app always running 24/7(followers assitant) and thats whay it took 17% and im a big instagram user BUT in constast to that i have another cellphone solely for work so this is my personal phone and is mostly social media and stuff, i will says any user will get simillar performance if you are in stock like me (im running full stock android 6.0.1 with xposed and gravity box) or may be lower performance if u use too much gps i guess. Sorry i cannot give more useful feedback like "what about using custom roms or greenify" .

Thanks, next test will be SoT, regardless of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zt2j8lFbJQ
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kocheko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kocheko Ad-Free
5th September 2019, 01:30 AM |#4  
Flag Owosso, MI
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I just ordered this battery for my ancient Nexus 5.
I hope I don't screw this up. It's still a neat little device and I want keep it around.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

This was an easy swap, watched a video and read some tips ahead of time. Worked out great.
The battery life is acceptable now, and I can easily make it through the day. I don't have any good stats on it, but the difference is very noticeable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, germany, nexus, polarcell, replacement

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)