FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Received fake battery from ETradesupply.. any one with experience can help?

251 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By vvilliamm, Senior Member on 24th December 2015, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I ordered a nexus 5 battery on etradesupply. Its fake just by comparing it with the fake battery i got from ebay lol.. Its sitting at 29c...

here's a side by side pic Left etradesupply battery( it came with black stickers over lg and on the back). Right (fake ebay battery)

[Picture](http://i.imgur.com/ykuE0IS.jpg)

does any one have any idea what to do...I spent so much for a fake battery. For me to send it back I will end up loosing more $. Anyone know the rma process?

I scanned the QR codes both the same and showing a manufacture date of something different than on the label

4th January 2016, 05:53 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvilliamm

I ordered a nexus 5 battery on etradesupply. Its fake just by comparing it with the fake battery i got from ebay lol.. Its sitting at 29c...

here's a side by side pic Left etradesupply battery( it came with black stickers over lg and on the back). Right (fake ebay battery)

[Picture](http://i.imgur.com/ykuE0IS.jpg)

does any one have any idea what to do...I spent so much for a fake battery. For me to send it back I will end up loosing more $. Anyone know the rma process?

I scanned the QR codes both the same and showing a manufacture date of something different than on the label

how do you know the etradesupply battery is fake ? Do you have any proof or have you asked them about it ? thanks
5th January 2016, 02:19 AM |#3  
Flag Brampton
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm

how do you know the etradesupply battery is fake ? Do you have any proof or have you asked them about it ? thanks

If the QR code doesn't match the date its fake. No ifs ands or buts about it.
5th January 2016, 03:20 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebore

If the QR code doesn't match the date its fake. No ifs ands or buts about it.

thanks, I will check mine
13th February 2016, 12:02 AM |#5  
Flag Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
Thanks Meter: 1,030

More
Its fake, there is no RMA, only sending back
tip, ask before you buy, tell the seller you have a original battery to compare and you know how to check if its a fake one.
If you do this and they still send you a fake one they will be screwed by ebay
15th February 2016, 01:47 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
If you used PayPal, you can open a contestation and describe that the item you received it s a fake. And that you want a total refound. I had a similar problem 4 times and I had my money back and the fake object not sent back, cause I told them I won t pay the shipping cost because I bought a real object and received a fake one. You have always to use PayPal on internet especially if you have to buy cheap phone parts. I m a PC , smartphone and electronics technician 😉
18th February 2016, 06:01 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel85

If you used BayPal, you can open a contestation........

I beg to disagree, I too purchased fake N5 batteries prior to shopping at spareslg.com, BayPal Protection Plan is a LURE to create a sense of safety/wellbeing delusion to attract buyers to make usage of BayPal.

Credit Cards companies offer much more protection than BayPal

Normally transaction will be fine if there are no issues, but when purchasing items like N5 batteries from either ebay or Amazon, it is better to use a Credit Card rather than BayPay as when issues arrive you will be given a long ride and eventaully receive the message "blah blah blah.....We've completed our review and unfortunately are not able to decide this claim in your favour."
BayPal will ALWAYS side with the Sellers because they are BayPal's Bread & Butter.

The answer is Yes I have been scammed and BayPal protected the Scamming bar-steward.
18th February 2016, 07:06 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Am

I beg to disagree, I too purchased fake N5 batteries prior to shopping at spareslg.com, BayPal Protection Plan is a LURE to create a sense of safety/wellbeing delusion to attract buyers to make usage of BayPal.

Credit Cards companies offer much more protection than BayPal

Normally transaction will be fine if there are no issues, but when purchasing items like N5 batteries from either ebay or Amazon, it is better to use a Credit Card rather than BayPay as when issues arrive you will be given a long ride and eventaully receive the message "blah blah blah.....We've completed our review and unfortunately are not able to decide this claim in your favour."
BayPal will ALWAYS side with the Sellers because they are BayPal's Bread & Butter.

The answer is Yes I have been scammed and BayPal protected the Scamming bar-steward.

I typed the message from my phone ,there s no need to rewrite baypal to take joke of my mistyping . Never had any problems with PayPal, I ve got a refund every time ,instead I had some problems with my credit card and so I switched to PayPal
27th February 2016, 01:31 PM |#9  
Flag Laxe, A Coruña
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I hadn't any problem too. Recently I had a issue with a item and Paypal resolved 100% of my money back, and Paypal payed sent back cost.
28th October 2016, 09:03 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
We have repair parts for Nexus 5 in stock. Welcome to inquiry about the price:
MOD EDIT" advertising in the FORUM is not allowed
5th December 2016, 01:00 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
They are in the suburbs in Chicago. Unfortunately it's fake but you get what you paid for. Nice ppl there too. I would estimate over 50% of batteries are fake because the wrapping can be easily copied.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)