FORUMS

[Q] Any good SAFE and NOT-chinese power bank?

99 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By nikssims, Member on 13th November 2014, 04:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ebay has so many kinds of these power banks with huge sizes. I doubt that is real, so i wanted to ask if anybody has reasonable size (not over 3k or 4k mAh), that is safe and not made in China?
Buying something Chinese is really bad, literally every thing i have from china has broken in the first day. And i do not want to buy something electronic like that battery pack from china that could explode or something. All i need is a power pack that could charge around 75% of my battery. I do not need some huge thing. I simply can not get my phone to last throughout a normal school day on normal usage.
13th November 2014, 07:57 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Look at the ones Anker offers. They are not cheap but worth every cent.

I have got a large one with about 6000 mAh. But they have also got smaller ones.

Most of their batteries are able to deliver high charging currents, which enables you to charge your phone just as fast as on AC power.
I can really recommend Anker.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Koersten For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Koersten Ad-Free
14th November 2014, 04:59 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikssims

Ebay has so many kinds of these power banks with huge sizes. I doubt that is real, so i wanted to ask if anybody has reasonable size (not over 3k or 4k mAh), that is safe and not made in China?
Buying something Chinese is really bad, literally every thing i have from china has broken in the first day. And i do not want to buy something electronic like that battery pack from china that could explode or something. All i need is a power pack that could charge around 75% of my battery. I do not need some huge thing. I simply can not get my phone to last throughout a normal school day on normal usage.

Though I read your "no china" criteria, I would still suggest you to try out the Mi Power Bank. I have been using it for almost 4 months now, and although I had my own reservations regarding a Chinese product that could (literally) kill me, it has been terrific till date. It charges up the phone at almost the same rate as the wall charger, and it itself charges up pretty fast. Comes in two sizes- 5200 mah and 10400 mah. The 5200 mah power bank is what I have, and it is sufficient to fully charge my N5 and charge a Grand 2 upto 20-25%. Plus, it is a lot cheaper that the power banks made by Sony and likes.

Btwn..It actually comes from Xiomi, the makers of Mi3 which has been one of the most successful phones in 2014. This is the only thing I relied on while getting the power bank, and boy am I happy with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to abysstheking For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abysstheking Ad-Free
14th November 2014, 07:12 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I didnt knew sony makes power banks too, and thanks for suggestions!

Also, during decharging, does the power bank heats up? (When i charge my phone with the power bank)
14th November 2014, 09:10 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikssims

I didnt knew sony makes power banks too, and thanks for suggestions!

Also, during decharging, does the power bank heats up? (When i charge my phone with the power bank)

No it does not. You can see some YouTube reviews if that helps you. Not sure if you are bothered about it but the finish of the body is the best I have seen on power banks.
The Following User Says Thank You to abysstheking For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abysstheking Ad-Free
14th November 2014, 09:14 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
FYI
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141015_162638.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	3014360  
The Following User Says Thank You to abysstheking For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abysstheking Ad-Free
14th November 2014, 12:30 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Šiauliai
Thanks Meter: 8
 
Donate to Me
More
I have NEWNOW power bank. I can charge my n5 for about 5 times completely. Its capacity is 10400mAh. Has 1A and 2,1A charging ports. With the 2,1A port charges my phone fully in about 15-25 minutes. Highly recommend!
http://www.newnow.com/products/newno...ell-phone.html

EDIT: also there's flashligt! Not sure why, and who needs, but there is
The Following User Says Thank You to xadidas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xadidas Ad-Free
17th November 2014, 08:16 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 645
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xadidas

I have NEWNOW power bank. I can charge my n5 for about 5 times completely. Its capacity is 10400mAh. Has 1A and 2,1A charging ports. With the 2,1A port charges my phone fully in about 15-25 minutes. Highly recommend!
http://www.newnow.com/products/newno...ell-phone.html

EDIT: also there's flashligt! Not sure why, and who needs, but there is

It's impossible to full charge the phone in less than 30minutes, certainly not at 2.1A.

Also that looks like a cheap Chinese charger to me. When you see 10,000 maH ($20) for less than the price as most 5000mAh you can assume that they lied about the specifications.
The Following User Says Thank You to bblzd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bblzd Ad-Free
18th November 2014, 11:28 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Xiaomi asks 19$ to ship Mi Power Bank to Romania from its European hq! Isn't that a little bit too much?
22nd May 2020, 08:22 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I've read through this thread because I have the same question. Are there any power banks actually not made in China once you scratch all the "it's made in China BUT" comments?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes