Changes between 6.47.4 and 6.47.3
Bugfix version. Fixed adb issue when no keypass set
Changes between 6.47.3 and 6.43.6
See recommendations at the bottom of this post for details on recovery lock...
- add recovery lock with passkey on start (secure your data from recovery intruders)
- fix segfault during shell nandroid backup/restore commands
- enable progress display during "adb shell nandroid backup/restore" commands
- enhance and fix bugs of progress display during install/nandroid... operations
- nandroid restore: fix progress bar animation when md5 verify is enabled
- nandroid md5: fix progress bar was not reset for each file
- nandroid md5: fix .android_secure md5 sum was never generated or checked
this could cause md5 check to fail under some circumstances
- limit logging to console in adb shell nandroid and mount commands
- fix detection of real fstype (pointer to in the scope char array bug)
- disable useless sd-ext warnings and errors
Changes between 6.43.6 and 6.30.1
See recommendations at the bottom of this post for details on F2FS...
- f2fs: recreate /etc/fstab after ext4/f2fs conversion for proper use of system mount command
- f2fs: fix nandroid restore to f2fs partitions
- f2fs: support format extra storage to f2fs (vold patch needed)
- f2fs: support switching between f2fs/ext4 (needs f2fs in kernel modules), thanks @KumaJay
- f2fs: reload volume table after f2fs/ext4 conversion (no reboot needed after conversion)
- f2fs: do not format whole /data when not expected on /data/media devices
- f2fs: allow /data f2fs/ext4 conversion for non data_media devices
- f2fs: compile with prebuilt AOSP kernel as provided by @dennes544
- allow ext4 f2fs backup data migration in nandroid
- create /data/media/0 after formsat of /data and /data/media
- nandroid backup: fix 'media' exception
- use libtar as default for backup/restore
- Preserve recovery settings after a wipe
- fix save/restore settings menu label
- create /data/media directory after internal storage is wiped
- fix text print colour could persist after md5 check
Bug Fix version 6.30.1
- fix restore of /data: revert to busybox tar and external selinux backup
Changes between 6.26.6 and 6.29.2
- fix potential bug when verifying root and recovery state on exit
- merge "Fix verify_root_and_recovery menu selections
- hide the Go Back button from confirm menu
- add minitar binary to /sbin instead of busybox tar
- minitar: enable more options, enable long options, fix selinux backup/restore, enhance GNU tar compatibility
- enable seamless backup/restore selinux context using minitar binary
- TWRP mode: support backup/restore of selinux context
- confirm cancel nandroid jobs (prompt to press 'Back' twice or resume after 5 secs)
- vibrate after backup/restore operations
- do not consider su symlink in /system/bin as a broken root
Changes between 6.26.1 and 6.26.6
- CWM 220.127.116.11 rebase
- Fixed rootsu error in fstab
- Removed /efs1 and /efs2 from mounts and storage menu
Changes between 6.23.9 and 6.26.1
- fb2png: better error logging
- sort files using case insensitive order
- remove old no more needed md5 check code
- fix successive gestures
- set these default gesture actions:
* swipe left = screen off
* swipe right = increase brightness
* press 1 sec and lift = show log
* press 2 sec and small move = screen shot
- merge "Only init legacy property environment once"
- revert using ntfs module and drop to fuse for complete write support
- use new md5digest code to generate/verify nandroid backups
- bring progress bar during nandroid md5 generation and check
- exclude log and md5 file when regenerating md5 files
- twrp mode: use new md5digest function with status bar during md5 check/create
- twrp mode: fix double md5 verification bug
- fix delete backup menu failed to reopen base backup folder + wired log message
- fix the "umount: can't umount /data: Invalid argument" log message on start when time daemon was loaded
- show "time daemon loading" message on recovery start when we're waiting for the daemon to load
Changes between 6.23.7 and 6.23.9
- Updated time daemon settings to use hammerhead default dir /data/system/time. Time now works (except Daylight Savings - Change Time zone manually for now to get correct time)
Changes between 6.22.7 and 6.23.7
- Better error checking to avoid segfaulting
- really hammer lazy developers (report outdated binary in ui print)
- Use legacy property environment if old update-binary
- fix fb2png flag to be enabled by default
- fix potential unsafe thread code
- Disable gesture actions during md5 checks as they are not thread safe
Changes between 6.21.2 and 6.22.7
-Qualcomm screenshot (fb2png) functionality added
- USB OTG install zip (black screen) Bug fixed
Changes between 6.20.6 and 6.21.2
- add progress bar while reading zip file to compute md5 check
- add color printing during md5sum checks
- (derp) fix color code printing on md5 check disappears after 5 sec (ui_wait_key() screen refresh)
- md5sum check potential bug fixes and optimizations
- libtouch_gui 1.05
Changes between 6.19.7 and 6.20.6
- add md5 sum calculation and toggle verification during install of zip files
- many bug fixes and code cleanups
- libtouch_gui 1.04
Changes between 6.19.3 and 6.19.7
- add /efs backup support*
Note, efs is split over 2 partitions on the N5. Back them both up in custom backup! DO NOT RESTORE EFS BACKUPS ON ANOTHER PHONE!
Changes between 6.15.4 and 6.19.3
- merge "update-binary: Add collect_backup_data function"
- merge "recovery: add overlay interface for recovery mode"
- merge Aroma patches:
- User selectable colorspace added to settings.
- Unmount /system at exit if mounted.
- Some more logging added
- merge remote cm-11.0 changes
- led state in menu
- more comprehensive menu text display for /data/media/0 toggle
- fix potential memory leak in /data/media/0 toggle
- huge cleanup and potential bug fixes
Changes between 6.12.9 and 6.15.4
- update superSU to 1.93
- sync sources
- fix recovery reboot command (adb and shell) by adding the init sys.powerctl property control
- merge "Fix mkfs.f2fs calling in roots"
- fix display current path when navigating backward in folders
- Nandroid Simple Logging: toggle logging of file names during nandroid to keep screen progress while speed up nandroid operations for some devices
- increase NICE_INTERVAL to 300 msec (faster backup/restore on some devices)
- hide unused settings in Nandroid Settings menu (if we disable all progress on screen, hide non valid options)
- re-order nandroid settings menu
- add a toggle for fall back to pre-built update-binary to permit use of older update-binary in zip packages (doesn't persist on reboot).
this will fix the assert errors due to outdate update-binary. It could still be affected by assert error on device name getprop. However, that one is easier to fix by end users by editing updater-script. This is a workaround. The best is to hammer your ROM cooker to update his scripts and binaries
- setting for signature check toggle on zip updates will be now saved on reboot
- Aroma File Manager: mount vold managed volumes on launch from recovery
- Free Browse Mode: make it possible to install from any custom path even ramdisk
- Free browse mode: fix exceptions when setting up custom path
- Free browse mode: mount known volumes during setup
- Free browse mode: better handling of /data/media devices
Changes between 6.12.8 and 6.12.9
- Update to Stock KOT49H kernel to fix Graphical glitches caused by CM 11 kernel
Changes between 6.09.2 and 6.12.8
- time and date menu text formatting and order
- version display edit
- add ntfs write support to devices using kernel modules instead of fuse
- zip installer: update loki binaries for LOKI devices
- zip installer: use new update-binary sources
- manually set time and date in recovery
- support Qualcom time daemon to sync time with main system (credits to dougiebee)
- support RTC offset hack for Qualcom devices without a proper time daemon in system ROM (credits to dougiebee)
- option to drop to system set time and date commands (credits to dougiebee)
- set default nandroid compression level back to low
- roll out exfat-nofuse sources from dorimanx into various kernels from Samsung and other brands
- code fix and cleanup
- update SuperSU to 1.91
- merge android_system_core changes to adb to fix push to extra storage paths
- do not use performance mode during install zip: fixes hang on unmount /system in updater-script when usb cable is connected
- update to CWM 18.104.22.168
- merge "Fix up bu restore"
- ROM Manager: workaround to backup/restore to/from external storage
- enhance touch init (fix touch on some Sony devices)
- really fix reading device max brightness value
- loki: merge "Support Open EU LG Optimus F6 and US Cellular Optimus F7"
- read the device max brightness setting to fix brightness toggle on some Sony devices
- merge: "Populate mount menu with new mount/format matrix" - final version
- merge: "Use cat for adb backup."
- merge: "Populate mount menu with new mount/format matrix"
- do not error on missing sd-ext when wiping dalvik cache
- merge: "su: Update for latest su daemon compatibility"
- merge "Clean up c formatting - 1"
- merge "Remove "Go Back" option from verify root and recovery options"
- merge "Fix potential chmod failures"
- merge: "Add a copy of the updater binary to the recovery resources"
- merge: "install: Support downgrade scenarios"
- merge: "install: Fix possible overflow condition in the updater "scanner""
- merge: "minui: do not use flexible array initialization"
Changes between 6.07.9 and 6.09.2
- TWRP: merge "support use TW_USE_MODEL_HARDWARE_ID_FOR_DEVICE_ID"
- toggle prompt on low free space during backup
- SuperSU update to v1.89
- loki: merge "Support LG Vu 3."
- code cleanup
- gesture action defaults changed
- long press and lift gesture action is now triggered after finger pressed for more than 1 sec
- do not include fb2png on non supported devices
- stop always rebuilding aroma intermediates
Changes between 6.03.5 and 6.07.9
- fix exiting "pause on logs" mode with virtual keys caused erroneous validation
- fix exiting screen off mode with hardware key could cause erroneous validations
- fix some devices could not exit "pause on logs" mode with screen touch
- bring immediate touch responsiveness after exiting screen off mode and "pause on logs" mode
- fix erroneous first menu validation when exiting screen off mode on some devices
- fix long press and move action could be triggered while swiping outside menus and returning to first touched area
- increase threshold for long press and move action for easier triggering
- small touch scroll optimizations
- improve touch responsiveness on low res devices
- code clean-up and optimization
- fix log text could overwrite clock/battery icons on some low res devices
- after successful zip install with sideload, hide the install background icon
- after installing zip with sideload, do not trigger "pause on logs" mode
- loki: sync latest sources (support LG G2 VS98012b)
- better fit text logs on non HD devices: stop slightly overwrite of bottom virtual keys separation bar and clock/battery area
- fix logs overwriting bottom virtual keys and progress bar in sideload mode
- add 5 extra partitions support in nandroid: can be added in fstab and will be auto detected
- custom backup and restore menu: move reboot item to top of partitions list
- custom backup and restore menu: auto hide all unused items
- advanced menu: hide /data/media toggle for non datamedia devices
- sync loki sources: add new LG devices
- SuperSU update to 1.86
- busybox: merge @Chenglu
changes to support selinux (no tar --selinux yet)
- huge code clean ups and fixed
- fix twrp backup/restore default mode
- save loki support user setting (default is now disabled)
- add custom backup and restore options to main nandroid menu for each storage volume
- ditch stock cwm limited advanced restore function
- add toggle to switch between TWRP/CWM as default backup mode
- ors: backup mode is now the default backup mode set for all recovery session
- ors: smart restore mode to override main backup mode depending on path we restore from (TWRP vs CWM auto detection)
- backup/restore validation menu moved to top in custom modes
- sanitize rom name for backup: exclude "&" symbol and fix compiler warnings (size_t)
- when deleting backups, do not exit the menu each time
- fix new line in process_volumes()
- merge: "Don't return immediately from reboot commands."
- merge: "Enable incremental builder to find files that moved"
- merge: "Support recoveries without CONFIG_EXT4_FS_XATTR"