FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] [N5] [S2W] [F2FS] Linaro Kernel | r64t1 | 3.4.104 | 4.4.4 | A15 GCC 4.9.2 |

625 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,638
 
Post Reply Email Thread
13th March 2014, 09:30 AM |#1001  
zibiksior's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 101
 
More
In changelog of r35 there is improvement related to random disconnects of BT. Have to try it out guys! Waiting for linaro r35 and I'm taking up for a test

Sent from awesome Nexus 5
 
 
13th March 2014, 09:48 AM |#1002  
xtcdk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 408
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben36

Do you have a case on?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeps

hammerhead/yuga ! beanstalk

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibiksior

In changelog of r35 there is improvement related to random disconnects of BT. Have to try it out guys! Waiting for linaro r35 and I'm taking up for a test

Sent from awesome Nexus 5

Its only a matter of time then

hammerhead/yuga ! beanstalk
13th March 2014, 09:50 AM |#1003  
Ben36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,890
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtcdk

Yeps

Try taking it off and see if the issue persists because you're the first and only person who has said this problem

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
13th March 2014, 10:06 AM |#1004  
jackpham's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ho Chi Minh
Thanks Meter: 650
 
More
Thumbs up
Pls Update franco.Kernel - r35
The Following User Says Thank You to jackpham For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jackpham Ad-Free
13th March 2014, 10:35 AM |#1005  
Ben36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,890
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpham

Pls Update franco.Kernel - r35

Pls wait until he does it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ben36 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ben36 Ad-Free
13th March 2014, 01:56 PM |#1006  
LaboDJ's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Siena
Thanks Meter: 3,638
 
Donate to Me
More
r35 OUT!

Changelog:
- Commits from Franco's r35
- Linux 3.4.83
- Fixed touch problem with s2w/dt2w in call
- Updated exfat fs to 1.2.8
- SInce Franco reverted Louis Cache flush patches now I can compile it with 4.8.3
- Compiled with my own 4.8.3 Cortex A15 optimized Linaro toolchain I compiled today with target 3.4.83
- Readded some useful debug and logging
- BT problems should be fixed (franco reverted to Qualcom drivers for deepsleep)
- Updated .zip flash script
- Minor fixes

Enjoy
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to LaboDJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LaboDJ Ad-Free
13th March 2014, 02:25 PM |#1007  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaboDJ

r35 OUT!

Changelog:
- Commits from Franco's r35
- Linux 3.4.83
- Fixed touch problem with s2w/dt2w in call
- Updated exfat fs to 1.2.8
- SInce Franco reverted Louis Cache flush patches now I can compile it with 4.8.3
- Compiled with my own 4.8.3 Cortex A15 optimized Linaro toolchain I compiled today with target 3.4.83
- Readded some useful debug and logging
- BT problems should be fixed (franco reverted to Qualcom drivers for deepsleep)
- Updated .zip flash script
- Minor fixes

Enjoy

I thought I was going mad with regards to my face touching the screen during calls - I kept bloody muting and opening webpages haha!

EDIT: The auto brightness is still not great, I use Lux and its just unbareiable dark. Is there a way to create a version with the auto brightness changes removed?
13th March 2014, 04:14 PM |#1008  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 193
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite_gamer04

I thought I was going mad with regards to my face touching the screen during calls - I kept bloody muting and opening webpages haha!

EDIT: The auto brightness is still not great, I use Lux and its just unbareiable dark. Is there a way to create a version with the auto brightness changes removed?

Just input this in terminal emulator and it should go back to stock settings:

echo 0 > /sys/module/lm3630_bl/parameters/backlight_dimmer
13th March 2014, 04:15 PM |#1009  
Ben36's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,890
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite_gamer04

I thought I was going mad with regards to my face touching the screen during calls - I kept bloody muting and opening webpages haha!

EDIT: The auto brightness is still not great, I use Lux and its just unbareiable dark. Is there a way to create a version with the auto brightness changes removed?

Try this -



Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
13th March 2014, 04:38 PM |#1010  
jbmc83's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 1,816
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elite_gamer04

EDIT: The auto brightness is still not great, I use Lux and its just unbareiable dark. Is there a way to create a version with the auto brightness changes removed?

if u use lux anyways, why dont u just adjust ur profile and up the minimum brightness a tad?

btw, i can also report some weird issues with r34v2 (latest cataclysm here):

- crazy battery drain with 'android os' as the process on the top, followed by screen (which usually is the top drainer). could barely get through a work day at 15% left when usually its like 75-80% at little usage

- gps fix kept dropping out on me whenever i went out running and sticking my phone into my pocket. usually there were no drops after getting a fix outside and then putting it away.

- mobile data randomly dropping without me being able to bring back the connection by switch the data on/off or doing the same with airplane mode.

reverting to r33v3 resolved both issues right away, no other system changes aside from the kernel in the meantime. ill check and see how well r35 runs and report back

edit: again gps drops with r35, switching back to r33v3 it works without a hitch! sticking to r33v3 for the time being

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
13th March 2014, 07:08 PM |#1011  
eng.stk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53,416
 
Donate to Me
More
I'm getting some frame drops in r35 with exact same settings r34v2... r34v2 is smooth has silk
@LaboDJ mate can you compile r35 with your previous gcc 4.7.4 just to test it out?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes