[KERNEL] [N5] [S2W] [F2FS] Linaro Kernel | r64t1 | 3.4.104 | 4.4.4 | A15 GCC 4.9.2 |

Search This thread

lfe.zaius

Jul 11, 2015
Would it be better to use the last Linaro nightly or this personal version on SlimKat 4.4.4? Thanks!

Ok guys, I've build a test version for you.

Right now we have a new name: Linaro.plus.plus. It's not a continuation from Labos' sources, it's something new.
It's franco +
-touch wake controls
-f2fs and exfat
-build optimizations
-memory optimizations
-bfq (bonus from me. It's my favourite schedueler, though it creates some overhead on mobile devices)
- SaberMod + Linaro toolchains. (another bonus from me)

from my sources.

This is how it will go: I will continue to add some features to this build. When I reach all the features that it had on the first page, I'll release a final build. From that time on, there will be no more feature added (unless someone requests it) and when franco wil add something, I'll make another build

Sources: https://github.com/StefanescuCristian/hammerhead/tree/linaro++
Download ftp://big-bum.uni.cx/.not_so_private/Linaro++/ or from the attached files.

Knuxyl

May 20, 2009
Google Pixel 5
Can someone please help me compile this from source? I downloaded the custom toolchain and I'm on linux. I'm not a complete newb to this stuff, there is just lack of documentation for kernels sources because everyone just uses the standard android kernel readme on github instead of device specific compilation instructions.

The reason I need to compile this is because it has USB HID emulation support which I need but also I am going to modify the kernel to allow for Monitor Mode on wlan0 which is very easy, I just need this kernel to compile.

Thanks!

show-p1984

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
Can someone please help me compile this from source? I downloaded the custom toolchain and I'm on linux. I'm not a complete newb to this stuff, there is just lack of documentation for kernels sources because everyone just uses the standard android kernel readme on github instead of device specific compilation instructions.

The reason I need to compile this is because it has USB HID emulation support which I need but also I am going to modify the kernel to allow for Monitor Mode on wlan0 which is very easy, I just need this kernel to compile.

Thanks!

This script example should tell you the commands you need to use. If you modify the variables at the beginning it will probably work and compile stuff for you (even with ccache, the option to upload stuff to a ftp and even zip it, if you have your prebuilts handy, in a simple flashable zip).
https://git.bricked.de/showp1984/buildscript_example/blob/master/kernel-buildscript-example.sh

You should have ccache and the toolchain installed (and have the path to the toolchain at hand) as well as the script sitting in the kernel source root directory.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AhAv6ag.png

Features:
    • Based on Franco Kernel
    • F2FS-ALL support in the installer, you don't need 2 versions anymore!
    • This is an AOSP based kernel, so it won't work with CAF based ROMs like CM11
    • Aroma Installer with selectable options (sound, colors, wake gestures...)
    • O3 flag, hard ABI, Linaro, VFP and many others Cortex-A15 Optimizations
    • Tweaks to make it compile with gcc 4.9.2
    • Fixed most of the warnings
    • Upstream with Linux kernel 3.4.x
    • Init.d Support
    • Battery Life eXtender, LCD_KCAL drivers
    • FAT usb OTG outomount, for other FS use stickmount app
    • Turned off many debug and logging option
    • Added Faux sound, Franco sound is not included, I prefer Faux solution
    • Sl[AOU]b allocators optimizations and fixes
    • Lz4 compressed kernel and RamDisk for faster boot (with lz4 r123)
    • Added sweep2wake, doubletap2wake, sweep2sleep
    • s2w/dt2w: Powerkey toggle, Prevent touches during phone calls, Timeout option, Bidirectional sweep2sleep, Omnidirectional sweep2wake...
    • Wake gestures interface (requires this xposed module)
    • Optional haptic feedback for gestures
    • Logitech unifying receiver support
    • ExFat 1.2.9, NFS and F2FS kernel support
    • lib/string & lib/memcpy: use faser glibc version
    • Rwsem backported from Linux 3.10
    • Overclocked slimbus for better audio quality
    • Mouse/Keyboard Driver support (you need this app and adb debug activated to use your device as a keyboard/mouse to control a pc, even in bios)
    • Audio call recording support (you need this app)
    • Many other fixes you can find in my git

App Support:
    • Compatible with Nexus 5 gamma reverse engineering
    • Compatible with franco.kernel Updater (FKU)
    • Compatible with Faux Sound

Notes:
    • If you want to mount usb OTG this kernel will automount only fat/fat16/fat32 filesystems, for any other file system please use StickMount App
    • You can find my own compiled toolchain, optimized for Cortex A15 HERE
    • s2w, dt2w, s2s+dt2w will cause an extra battery drain (~2% per hour)
    • s2s only will not cause any extra battery drain
    • F2FS-ALL option: if you select this option the ramdisk will be modified to work with F2FS-ALL ROMs and recoveries on the fly, it means that the kernel boot.img is created on the fly depending on the options chosen in the installer
    • Don't use F2FS-ALL if you are not going to use a F2FS recovery and ROM, it will not boot

How to flash:
    just flash in recovery, no need to wipe anything

Do you like my work? Donate :)
    In

In $

Donors hall of fame:

Credits:

Source HERE

XDA:DevDB Information
    Linaro Kernel, Kernel for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
    LaboDJ
    Kernel Special Features: AOSP Kernel based on Franco Kernel compiled with my own compiled Cortex A15 optimized Linaro toolchain, it includes latest linux patches, and many other optimizations.

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: r64t1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-09-30

Created 2013-11-14
    Last Updated 2014-09-30
    Notes

S2W, DT2W, S2S (Deprecated section)

Sweep2Wake + Sweep2Sleep: With screen off swipe from left o right to wake up the device, with screen on swipe from right to left on the bottom black bar to power off the screen.
    in terminal emulator app (or in adb shell) type:
    Code:
    su
    echo 1 > /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake
    Set on boot: Create a file named s2w in /sdcard/s2Boot folder

DoubleTap2Wake Full screen: With screen off double tap the screen to wake up the device.
    In terminal emulator app (or in adb shell) type:
    Code:
    su
    echo 2 > /sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake
    Set on boot: Create a file named dt in /sdcard/s2Boot folder

DoubleTap2Wake Bottom Half: With screen off double tap the screen (in the bottom half) to wake up the device.
    In terminal emulator app (or in adb shell) type:
    Code:
    su
    echo 1 > /sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake
    Set on boot: Create a file named dtb in /sdcard/s2Boot folder

Sweep2Sleep Only: With screen on swipe from right to left on the bottom black bar do power off the screen.
    In terminal emulator app (or in an adb shell) type:
    Code:
    su
    echo 2 > /sys/android_touch/sweep2wake
    Set on boot: Create a file named s2s in /sdcard/s2Boot folder

NOTE: you can combine Sweep2wake + Sweep2Sleep and DoubleTap2Wake (normal and bottom half) via terminal commands or via files to set on boot
    You can also combine, Sweep2Sleep Only and DoubleTap2Wake (normal and bottom half)

Powerkey toggle: if you turn off the screen by pressing Power Key button the s2w/dt2w functions are deactivated until next time the screen turns off itself by standby timer, usually 30sec without user interaction
    Code:
    su
    echo 1 > /sys/module/qpnp_power_on/parameters/pwrkey_suspend;
    Set on boot: Create a file named pwr in /sdcard/s2Boot folder

Wake Timeout:: only if you have s2w/dt2w without powerkey toggle; the timer starts when the screen goes off, after # minutes the screen will flash and s2w/dt2w features will be disabled saving your battery until next time you wake the phone by pressing power button.
    Code:
    su
    echo # > /sys/android_touch/wake_timeout; (where # is the number of minutes)
    Set on boot: Create a file named timer in /sdcard/s2Boot folder and write into it the timer minutes, for example 60 = 1 hour timer
    r64 Test1 OUT!

Changelog:
    • Rebased my git, again
    • Latest commits from Franco
    • Reverted 2 problematic commits
    • Test new, less aggressive, compiler flags

Notes:
    • As always you can download my kernel HERE

Enjoy :) :good:
    Hi guys!
    Today is my 24th birthday!
    And I'll make you a nice gift!

r50 OUT!

Changelog:
    - Commits from Franco's r50
    - Reverted some old problematic patches and rebased my git
    - Linux 3.4.91
    - New fixes from CAF about scheduler, voltage regulator... and so on
    - Compiled with a new toolchain I compiled on my own: Linaro 4.9.1 Cortex A15 Optimized toolchain Targeted to Linux 3.4.91
    - Removed cpu UC (it caused some troubles around here, and it won't save battery, only placebo)

Notes:
    - It's very important to delete DATA from Franco Kernel Updatrer, Trickster, Fauxclock or whatever app you use or you will get random reboots due to the changed voltage/frequency table
    - You can download Kernel HERE!
    - Please don't remember that there is a mirror HERE!
    - You can find my new, shiny, toolchain HERE!
    - You can find the config file I used to compile my toolchain HERE!
    - Yes, F2FS is supported, only for usb sticks, to make it work with data partition I have to release 2 kernels due to a single line changed in ramdisk, and I'm not in the mood right now, I have a life outside my door
    r30v2 OUT!

Changelog:
    - s2w/dt2w: Power key toggle (see post #2) (Thanks flar2 )
    - s2w/dt2w: Prevent touches during phone calls (Thanks flar2)
    - Always on rgb led support (for CM11)
    - Little bluetooth bugfix
    - Increase flash LED current, camera gets better image quality (Thanks neobuddy89)
    - scsi: disable module compiling
    - Many USB fixes from CAF (merged from CM11 repo)
    - A little bit faster USB speed
    - Initial fast charge support (Thanks faux123)
    - Updates to futex
    - Makefile: neon-vfpv4 instead of neon only
    - Initial overclocking of slimbus to improve audio quality (I hope it doesn't affect battery life)
    - Optimized mountpoints
    - Minor fixes

Enjoy :)