G+ Community - RACER KERNEL NEXUS 5: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...13590626593533
Donations through play store app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ernelpal&hl=en
Donate through paypal:
RACER Kernels are built from android-6.0.1_r0.24 / cm-13.0 /cm-13.0-caf base. All features are working! It is fast, silky smooth and only sips battery. I make these builds purely for fun, and for myself, but am sharing these just in case others find it useful. I am only a cherry-picker and not an original developer. Those looking for original stuff, please head over to the work done by the great developers I have mentioned later in this post. I have been running this kernel with no problems. The plan is to keep improving it with regular updates. Do try this kernel and all feedback is welcome.
Enjoy extra battery life by enabling CPUQUIET Hotplug and disabling all other Hotplugs. Use Kernel Adiutor or Kernel Tweaker app to enable and tune CPUQUIET. This feature is now built into all RACER kernels.
FOR MMB29V/ CM-13.0 / AOSP ROMS
RACER_M: racer features built over official cm-13.0 repo as base
FOR CM-13.0 CAF ROMS
RACER_CAF:.......... official cm-13.0-caf repo as base
RACER_CAF_MF............myfluxi's caf repo as base
Read this before installing:
- Boot Loop / Boot Hang (stuck with endless bootanimation) - This could be an issue, especially with AOSP ROMS that have a built in Super Su. See this for clues - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3262
- The kernel can be set with any kernel app. Synapse is officially recommended because it can set almost all the features available. Most features of the kernel can be set with the script from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=44487. Before flashing, you can change the settings in init.settings.rc to your liking. After boot you will have all your settings. If using Synapse, flash UKM 3.8.1 with every kernel update to make sure all new features are visible.
- CPUQUIET can be set and tuned only with Kernel Tweaker app . Kernel Auditor can also be used to enable CPUQUIET but not tune it. Do not set any other hotplug on if your enable CPUQUIET.
- F2FS Support: No need to modify the ramdisk of the ROM. The kernel does it for you.
- For more on F2FS - benefits and working details, please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F2FS
- Using the power-key to shut off the screen during charging will save battery and increase charging speed. This settings is available in Synapse / Wake
- For best results, clear data from your kernel setting app, clean cache and dalvik, reinstall rom and kernel and boot
- I do hope you like this release
Google, @CyanogenMod, @show-p1984 , @myfluxi, @flar2, @franciscofranco, @neobuddy89, @savoca, @maxwen, @Tasssadar, @Cl3Kener, @faux123, Jaegeuk Kim <firstname.lastname@example.org> (Samsung, Inventor of F2FS)
- Build Sources-
- MPDecision, Bricked Thermal and Wake Controls - https://github.com/showp1984/bricked-hammerhead
- AOSP Base - https://android.googlesource.com/ker...d-6.0.1_r0.24/
- CM Base - https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...ommits/cm-13.0
- CM-CAF Base - https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...ts/cm-13.0-caf
- CM-CAF-MF Base - https://github.com/myfluxi/android_k...3.0-caf-160310
- Ubuntu 15.10, 64 Bit on Dell E5440
- Toolchain - UBERTC GCC 6.0.0: https://bitbucket.org/UBERTC/arm-eabi-6.0