FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RACER][KERNEL] MMB29V | CM-13.0 | CAF | CPUQUIET | 5 Plugs | DT2W | UC-OV | UBERTC 6

312 posts
Thanks Meter: 110

By xeraphael, Senior Member on 21st April 2014, 03:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

G+ Community - RACER KERNEL NEXUS 5: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...13590626593533

Donations through play store app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ernelpal&hl=en

Donate through paypal:

RACER Kernels are built from android-6.0.1_r0.24 / cm-13.0 /cm-13.0-caf base. All features are working! It is fast, silky smooth and only sips battery. I make these builds purely for fun, and for myself, but am sharing these just in case others find it useful. I am only a cherry-picker and not an original developer. Those looking for original stuff, please head over to the work done by the great developers I have mentioned later in this post. I have been running this kernel with no problems. The plan is to keep improving it with regular updates. Do try this kernel and all feedback is welcome.

Enjoy extra battery life by enabling CPUQUIET Hotplug and disabling all other Hotplugs. Use Kernel Adiutor or Kernel Tweaker app to enable and tune CPUQUIET. This feature is now built into all RACER kernels.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

FOR MMB29V/ CM-13.0 / AOSP ROMS
RACER_M: racer features built over official cm-13.0 repo as base

FOR CM-13.0 CAF ROMS
RACER_CAF:.......... official cm-13.0-caf repo as base
RACER_CAF_MF............myfluxi's caf repo as base

Changelogs

Features

Read this before installing:
  • Boot Loop / Boot Hang (stuck with endless bootanimation) - This could be an issue, especially with AOSP ROMS that have a built in Super Su. See this for clues - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3262
  • The kernel can be set with any kernel app. Synapse is officially recommended because it can set almost all the features available. Most features of the kernel can be set with the script from here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=44487. Before flashing, you can change the settings in init.settings.rc to your liking. After boot you will have all your settings. If using Synapse, flash UKM 3.8.1 with every kernel update to make sure all new features are visible.
  • CPUQUIET can be set and tuned only with Kernel Tweaker app . Kernel Auditor can also be used to enable CPUQUIET but not tune it. Do not set any other hotplug on if your enable CPUQUIET.
  • F2FS Support: No need to modify the ramdisk of the ROM. The kernel does it for you.
  • For more on F2FS - benefits and working details, please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F2FS
  • Using the power-key to shut off the screen during charging will save battery and increase charging speed. This settings is available in Synapse / Wake
  • For best results, clear data from your kernel setting app, clean cache and dalvik, reinstall rom and kernel and boot
  • I do hope you like this release

Acknowledgements:
Google, @CyanogenMod, @show-p1984 , @myfluxi, @flar2, @franciscofranco, @neobuddy89, @savoca, @maxwen, @Tasssadar, @Cl3Kener, @faux123, Jaegeuk Kim <jaegeuk@kernel.org> (Samsung, Inventor of F2FS)

Sources:
Build Platform:
The Following 134 Users Say Thank You to xeraphael For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xeraphael Ad-Free

21st April 2014, 03:35 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Wink Hot plug settings for best battery life
This is how power user @FunkyRasta has mimicked @franciscofranco recommendations
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1451
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1453
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to xeraphael For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xeraphael Ad-Free
21st April 2014, 03:36 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Settings & Tunings from power users
From @xeraphael
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2693
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to xeraphael For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xeraphael Ad-Free
21st April 2014, 03:37 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Talking Stable working range for RACER L7.0+
Posts by @FunkyRasta, reproduced here for the record:
A quick guide to MSM MPDecision and Three Phase Thermal control by show-p1984

Hotplug section „MSM MPDecsion” in Synapse:
I will not not explain stuff already explained in Synapse itself, I'd rather provide a point of reference and a few profiles for you.

Defaults values for reference:

Runqueue Threshold Hotplug CPU1 - 12
Runqueue Threshold Unplug CPU0 - 0
Runqueue Threshold Hotplug CPU2 - 20
Runqueue Threshold Unplug CPU1 - 7
Runqueue Threshold Hotplug CPU3 - 25
Runqueue Threshold Unplug CPU2 - 10
Runqueue Threshold Hotplug CPU4 - 0
Runqueue Threshold Hotplug CPU3 - 18

Time Threshold Hotplug CPU1 – 140
Time Threshold Unplug CPU0 - 0
Time Threshold Hotplug CPU2 - 140
Time Threshold Unplug CPU1 - 190
Time Threshold Hotplug CPU3 - 140
Time Threshold Unplug CPU2 - 190
Time Threshold Hotplug CPU4 - 0
Time Threshold Unplug CPU3 - 190

Slow Hotplug and Slow unplug of cores – Best battery life, great performance
Runqueue Threshold Hotplug CPU1 - 22
Runqueue Threshold Unplug CPU0 - 0
Runqueue Threshold Hotplug CPU2 - 37
Runqueue Threshold Unplug CPU1 - 18
Runqueue Threshold Hotplug CPU3 - 47
Runqueue Threshold Unplug CPU2 - 22
Runqueue Threshold Hotplug CPU4 - 0
Runqueue Threshold Hotplug CPU3 - 26

Time Threshold Hotplug CPU1 - 400
Time Threshold Unplug CPU0 - 0
Time Threshold Hotplug CPU2 - 400
Time Threshold Unplug CPU1 - 400
Time Threshold Hotplug CPU3 - 400
Time Threshold Unplug CPU2 - 400
Time Threshold Hotplug CPU4 - 0
Time Threshold Unplug CPU3 – 400

HINT: You can combine Hotplugs and Unplugs from these two profiles to get Default Hotplug/Slow unplug etc. mixes to achieve what you want. The presented profiles are delivered with Kcontrol app by show-p1984 himself, if you want to support him then buy it.

Thermal:
Here Synapse screwes up a bit when it comes to naming stuff.

Allowed Low/Mid/High Low should be Low/Mid/High Clear
Allowed Low/Mid/High High should be Low/Mid/High Limit

Firs let's talk about Limit values. If SOC reaches limit value of Low phase it throttles the freq to Allowed Low frequency value. Same goes for Mid and High. If a clear value is reached for Low phase the throttling goes off. Same goes for Mid phase if you set Mid Clear lower than Low Limit. If you set it higher the SOC will go in Low phase and analogically with Mid and High phases.

My recommended settings to keep phone cool without noticeable performance decrease. Completely different than default, which nearly doesn't throttle the phone till it is very hot to drop freq all the way down. Experiment with this values to your liking and compromise beetwen performance/temperature

Low limit – 58 low freq – 1958 MHz
Low clear – 55
Mid limit - 65 mid freq – 1728 MHz
Mid clear – 60
High limit – 70 high freq – 1574 Mhz
High clear - 63

Hope I helped !

For my nearly 40000 bench everything was stock apart and in fact I even set hotplug to slow. Stock thermal would be OK too, not my settings from guide that are supposed to keep phone cool.
With stock settings and stock thermal there's no way you could not have at least 39000 something.

For 43500 run I've raised thermal limits to 80 C, set hotplug Fast in Kcontrol, cooled my phone in the fridge and OC'ed to 2,5 Ghz. Later without cooling at 2,4 Ghz I got 42000.

And I've got to say that battery now on Racer is F***** AWESOME. Exactly two hours screen on with 50 percent battery left ! That's great considering I mostly get 3 hours something SOT from 100 percent with my use. Even greater given the fact that Lollipop drains battery with wifi on (misc battery use in battery history) and that I was playing real racing for 30 minutes.

I'm running 7.0 before it was limited to 2.8 GHz. Today factory images should be relased. Will flash one a post Antutu score with latest build and without any settings editing.
My phone has PVS 3 and undervolted by 35mV.
No cheating no per app setting. Just straight simple, four cores @2,2 GHz ,ondemand governor, deadline scheduler. Minimum freq all the way down to what Synapse allows. Hotplug as in my guide, slow hotplug (try with default) slow unplug. All free thermal phases rased above 80 C using Kcontrol (scroll down and hit apply ! That got me like two times, maybe that's why your antutu runs at 1,9 GHz)
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to xeraphael For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xeraphael Ad-Free
21st April 2014, 06:37 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,356

More
Awesome!! Another Aicp ROM. I will try both flavors now!! Appreciate you're work!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st April 2014, 07:08 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4,129

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrlover

Awesome!! Another Aicp ROM. I will try both flavors now!! Appreciate you're work!!

No that was only the kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to rachanta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rachanta Ad-Free
21st April 2014, 08:21 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,356

More
Ah that's why i couldn't find it. Even better

21st April 2014, 08:41 PM |#8  
Flag off the coast o the kontiki!
Thanks Meter: 1,968

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachanta

No that was only the kernel. My AICP ROM with the RACER kernel is here:

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407587747

Can I maybe ask what the difference between your aicp & the other one in these threads, either way I'm defiantly going to try the kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2014, 02:04 AM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aheeejd

Can I maybe ask what the difference between your aicp & the other one in these threads, either way I'm defiantly going to try the kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

AICP uses n3ohammer in which kexec hardboot patch is broken, because of which multi ROM does not work.
RACER is cyanogenmod + faux sound + kexec hardboot. MultiROM works. Everything works as it us supposed to. You are welcome to try.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rachanta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rachanta Ad-Free
22nd April 2014, 10:58 AM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Kernel update 22-04-2014
RACER KERNEL update - merged latest cyanogenmod commit
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407588171

UNOFFICIAL AICP ROM WITH RACER KERNEL - UPDATE 22-04-2014:
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407588175
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rachanta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rachanta Ad-Free
22nd April 2014, 04:31 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Working on n3ohammer fix which is slated to be included in the official AICP ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rachanta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rachanta Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android l, f2fs, kernel, multi rom, nexus 5, racer, s2w

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)