FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[rom][9.0][stable][unofficial] aex

111 posts
Thanks Meter: 126
 
Post Reply Email Thread

Code:
Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
Android Open Source AEX Project!

Bugs:
None

Instructions:
1. Reboot to recovery
2. Wipe system, vendor, data, dalvik and cache
3. Flash the latest build
4. Flash Magisk and GApps [Optional]
5. Reboot. First boot can take some time, be patient!

Downloads:
ROM: Gdrive
GApps: OpenGApps

Sources:
Kernel: https://bit.ly/2XSmjJN
Device Tree: https://bit.ly/2JDUrpb
Vendor Tree: https://bit.ly/2xSEDrK

Helper:
@Sudeep
@EnesSastim ( helped with trees )

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Source Project Extended, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
Demoxing
Source Code: https://github.com/AospExtended

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Status: Stable
Current Stable Version: 6.6
Stable Release Date: 2019-07-17

Created 2019-07-17
Last Updated 2019-08-13
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DPP.png
Views:	662
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	4793600  
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Demoxing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Demoxing Ad-Free
 
 
17th July 2019, 03:42 PM |#2  
Dhina_17's Avatar
Member
Flag Rasipuram,Namakkal,Tamil Nadu
Thanks Meter: 64
 
Donate to Me
More
Nice rom.. Appreciated man
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dhina_17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dhina_17 Ad-Free
18th July 2019, 01:03 AM |#3  
Terrycell6's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag kingston
Thanks Meter: 137
 
More
Thank you very much for your work Dev, great job.
The Following User Says Thank You to Terrycell6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Terrycell6 Ad-Free
18th July 2019, 04:52 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoxing



Code:
Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
Android Open Source AEX Project!

Bugs:
None

Instructions:
1. Reboot to recovery
2. Wipe system, vendor, data, dalvik and cache
3. Flash the latest build
4. Flash Magisk and GApps [Optional]
5. Reboot. First boot can take some time, be patient!

Downloads:
ROM: GDrive
GApps: OpenGApps

Sources:
ROM: AEX
Kernel: https://bit.ly/2XSmjJN
Device Tree: https://bit.ly/2JDUrpb
Vendor Tree: https://bit.ly/2xSEDrK

Helper:
@Sudeep
@EnesSastim ( helped with trees )

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Source Project Extended, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
Demoxing
Source Code: https://github.com/AospExtended

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Status: Stable
Current Stable Version: 6.6
Stable Release Date: 2019-07-17

Created 2019-07-17
Last Updated 2019-07-17

What are the differences between your build and the official build?
18th July 2019, 04:58 AM |#5  
Demoxing's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 126
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandayugana

What are the differences between your build and the official build?

Nothing special, this one is updated one with stability improvements. the official one is V6.5 and this one is V6.6.
and probably this one is gonna be the official one soon, I already applied for official, and the previous dev is gonna drop this rom soon, he is a super busy guy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demoxing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Demoxing Ad-Free
19th July 2019, 03:17 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoxing

Nothing special, this one is updated one with stability improvements. the official one is V6.5 and this one is V6.6.
and probably this one is gonna be the official one soon, I already applied for official, and the previous dev is gonna drop this rom soon, he is a super busy guy.

Nice, keep it alive bro
The Following User Says Thank You to thang_legend For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thang_legend Ad-Free
23rd July 2019, 10:58 AM |#7  
tmihai20's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Galati, Romania
Thanks Meter: 593
 
Donate to Me
More
I am using the previous ROM (marked as official). Will you be doing monthly updates with security patches? I also have a rather big issue with the official ROM. Aafter rooting the ROM with Magisk, my Nexus 5 reboots itself from time to time, sometimes when getting a call. I am mainly interested in having an actively supported ROM and I like AEX, it gives me everything I need without installing Magisk modules (I am just using Magisk to root it).
23rd July 2019, 02:11 PM |#8  
Demoxing's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 126
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmihai20

I am using the previous ROM (marked as official). Will you be doing monthly updates with security patches? I also have a rather big issue with the official ROM. Aafter rooting the ROM with Magisk, my Nexus 5 reboots itself from time to time, sometimes when getting a call. I am mainly interested in having an actively supported ROM and I like AEX, it gives me everything I need without installing Magisk modules (I am just using Magisk to root it).

You can check this out as well. don't worry about updates & security patches, I'm giving my best for this device. time to time I will update this rom ( monthly basis ). and I have no clue about your rooting issue because I don't have the logs. so I can't say anything about it. the truth is N5 is now older enough ( still a legend )& believe me it's really hard to make it future proof with updates.
my recommendations are: flash the modified twrp twrp-3.3.1-HH-hammerhead & use the pico or nano version of Gapps for better performance.
If you face any kind of issues with this rom as like previous rom then don't forget to share your problem with me. I'm here to help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demoxing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Demoxing Ad-Free
23rd July 2019, 08:46 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
need to repartition in this rom?
23rd July 2019, 09:30 PM |#10  
Terrycell6's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag kingston
Thanks Meter: 137
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalex8

need to repartition in this rom?

No you don't need to, I'm using it on my nexus 5 without partitioning and it's smooth and actually the best 9.0 ROM I've ever used.
24th July 2019, 03:29 AM |#11  
Demoxing's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 126
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalex8

need to repartition in this rom?

Repartition is totally necessary step but not mandatory. you can use the modified twrp & increase the system space for better experience.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demoxing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Demoxing Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes